Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2022, 01:50 PM

6,312 posts, read 4,772,392 times

Advertisements

My perfect day:

I wake up and read the obituaries.

If my name isn't in them, the day is perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2022, 08:39 AM

9,195 posts, read 4,982,351 times
sunny, warm, no wind
a good cup of coffee
bike ride or nice long walk
something grilled for dinner - or dine out at a favorite spot
a nice craft beer
a good movie
read a good book before bed

Old 05-01-2022, 10:59 AM

716 posts, read 419,997 times
At out summer house with my best friends and my partner, laying on the hammock as they laugh, taking in a deep breath. Slight wind to keep us cool. Beach, games, talking and having fun together. Grill, reading for my studies. So much fun

Old 05-02-2022, 01:29 PM

10,999 posts, read 6,531,348 times
I know what it used to be.

Walk down the Strand to the coffee house, exchange greetings, take my thermal mug on my walk along the pier, chat with the fishermen.

Walk down the beach to the jetty and sit with my back against a warm rock, watching the surfers and reading.

3:30, getting chilly so sit in the hot tub watching the sunset. Then, off to karaoke to watch the others perform, and sip Long Island Ice Teas. A friend who takes the bus, drives me home, lol.

But that was Oceanside, CA. Having a hard time recreating that here, lol.

Old 05-02-2022, 08:56 PM

6,031 posts, read 6,083,551 times
The last several I've had were in a certain town in Oregon. On reflection past few years I've decided I need to spend more time there and it's a finalist for "bolt-hole to retire" in about ten years, give or take. Lot of money to still be made where I am, I might need it, but when you've had enough "perfect days" in a place stop and consider if maybe that's where you should be. They have a half marathon coming up in October, I'll run that and should be a great opportunity to see the place in the fall too. Summers do not year round impressions make after all.

People are few and far between, nature close at hand, a volcano or two not far away (Mt. Hood and Mt. Adams to the south and north respectively). And the air's clean, breeze usually blowing up the Columbia. Or is it down the Columbia... They've got water, that will be an increasing problem for various parts of the world in the coming decades and my no. 1 concern from an environmental standpoint.

Old 05-15-2022, 06:51 PM

1,188 posts, read 3,465,634 times
Default Perfect spring day in Egypt

Me and the Mrs in Giza

1) Ride a camel
2) Climb up 3 or 4 rows of construction blocks of the Great Pyramid and enjoy the desert view
3) Kiss the beautiful wife in front of the Sphynx
4) Head back to Cairo for a drink of local whisky and a puff of hookah (just a puff or two)
Attached Thumbnails
Describe Your Perfect Day!-dave-val-sphynx-jpeg.jpg  

Old 05-16-2022, 06:34 AM

2,091 posts, read 2,978,105 times
My perfect day?

I wake up, and I'm still breathing.
Nuff said..

Old 05-16-2022, 08:13 AM

1,383 posts, read 743,332 times
My perfect day would begin with a cool breeze coming in the bedroom window and the ONLY sounds I hear are the leaves rustling in the trees, birds, squirrels crunching on acorns. No neighbor with a buzz saw fetish, no sounds of traffic. Beside me there would be a loving husband and a cat sleeping happily nearby. We have nO financial concerns and all our children and healthy, loving the Lord, happy and also have no money problems. I know my purpose and calling in life and know that I'm walking in it. There is an Ocean nearby and he and I are going to our favorite seafood restaurant that evening. He knOWs how to make gOOd coffee and offers to make it while I shower. He's going to feed the kitty whom he loves as well. The towels are plush and soft. That sounds so good I can't even think to want anything else.

Old 05-16-2022, 08:17 AM

15,807 posts, read 6,867,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
My kids come for a visit. Next to a perfect day? My kids call me.
Totally relate to this. my 2 kids live in different coasts, plane trip away. miss them every day.

Old 05-16-2022, 08:18 AM

15,807 posts, read 6,867,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
My perfect day:

I wake up and read the obituaries.

If my name isn't in them, the day is perfect.
if your name is mentioned you won’t be reading it anyway
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology