Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2020, 08:57 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,221,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Those are hardly the only 2 Karen issues.
Those two issues, wearing a mask and people of another color/ethnicity, sure seem to be the predominate theme of the many videos I've seen. What else are they complaining about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2020, 09:09 AM

2,578 posts, read 2,070,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Most of the "Karens" that have been caught have been doxxed and found to be liberal white women living in the most liberal parts of the country. They don't care because they've always lacked awareness about race and think as self-proclaimed "progressives" it's impossible for them to be racist and it's only the redneck white people but not them. Now everyone's finding how where their real prejudices lie and they're also finding out where standing behind politically correct marxist for decades has taken them and is biting them in the ass.
Had not seen that - can you point to a reliable source that has studied and determined that "most of the "Karens" that have been caught have been doxxed and found to be liberal white women living in the most liberal parts of the country."

Old 08-21-2020, 09:22 AM

14,483 posts, read 12,114,400 times
Being a nosy neighbor, an angry busybody, or being righteously indignant, has been a thing as long as there have been human beings.

We just didn't have video cameras everywhere to film them and laugh at them, until recently. In the old days, both sides would go off after the incident fully believing they were in the right.... and it probably grew in the retelling, and there was no youtube... so no one was the wiser.

I remember as a child, my mother pulling over a log truck driver she righteously believed had TOO MANY LOGS on his truck. It was something she'd commented on before... but there had recently been an accident in town where a log truck went around a corner too fast and the logs rolled off and killed someone in a car. Anyway.... on this truck, the logs were stacked over the height of the forks and in danger of rolling off an killing someone. And she stopped him and demanded he give his name and employer, I think.... I don't know, I was mortified and hiding in the car. Classic Karen... 1975.

Old 08-21-2020, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Those two issues, wearing a mask and people of another color/ethnicity, sure seem to be the predominate theme of the many videos I've seen. What else are they complaining about?

Remember the woman upset because a guy was sitting in his truck with the engine idling? That was years ago.

Old 08-21-2020, 09:25 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Most of the "Karens" that have been caught have been doxxed and found to be liberal white women living in the most liberal parts of the country. They don't care because they've always lacked awareness about race and think as self-proclaimed "progressives" it's impossible for them to be racist and it's only the redneck white people but not them. Now everyone's finding how where their real prejudices lie and they're also finding out where standing behind politically correct marxist for decades has taken them and is biting them in the ass.
I think you need to cite your source(s). Progressives are not Marxists.

Old 08-21-2020, 09:26 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Being a nosy neighbor, an angry busybody, or being righteously indignant, has been a thing as long as there have been human beings.

We just didn't have video cameras everywhere to film them and laugh at them, until recently. In the old days, both sides would go off after the incident fully believing they were in the right.... and it probably grew in the retelling, and there was no youtube... so no one was the wiser.

I remember as a child, my mother pulling over a log truck driver she righteously believed had TOO MANY LOGS on his truck. It was something she'd commented on before... but there had recently been an accident in town where a log truck went around a corner too fast and the logs rolled off and killed someone in a car. Anyway.... on this truck, the logs were stacked over the height of the forks and in danger of rolling off an killing someone. And she stopped him and demanded he give his name and employer, I think.... I don't know, I was mortified and hiding in the car. Classic Karen... 1975.
Your mom had righteous courage.

Old 08-21-2020, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post

Don't confuse the hot button topic of the day, with the only complaint people have with each other. Ethnic conflict and face masks are what is 'hot' right now. It's like shark attacks.

Old 08-21-2020, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Your mom had righteous courage.

No kidding! Though I'm not sure I would recommend putting your car with your daughter in it, in front of a truck! She was crazy and zealous in her mission, Bless her heart.

Old 08-21-2020, 09:42 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
No kidding! Though I'm not sure I would recommend putting your car with your daughter in it, in front of a truck! She was crazy and zealous in her mission, Bless her heart.
LOL I had a hard core mom too - I guess she was also a Karen, before they had a name.

I remember one time I was shopping with my mom for "back to school" clothes for my kids. Suddenly, across the whole store, my mom hollers to me, "DON'T BUY ANY OF THOSE LEVI'S JEANS." I shouldn't have asked this in retrospect, but it was my basic default - I shrugged and mouthed "Why not?" and she yelled, "BECAUSE LEVI'S SUPPORTS THOSE ***** RIGHTS!" (Word starts with a Q and ends with an R - bleeped out here, but honestly, you could insert any group of people here and it would be just as embarrassing.)

Urge to crawl under a clothes rack...

Old 08-21-2020, 09:45 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
B
It was a safety hazard.

Is it that horrible for someone to point this out. It's not the same thing as someone sending their food back 3 times at a restaurant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology