Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2020, 08:05 AM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times

Advertisements

mzdevelopment101, I know nothing about depression or the various ways it affects people, but I will say she seemed to handle things in a mature & selfless way. She cares about you so much that she doesn't want to drag you down in her life, which I'm sure she genuinely meant.

But, I know you being the other person is probably thinking, well, if she cares about me so much, why doesn't she want to be w/ me & let me be her rock, her support, her anchor, etc.? Yes, I personally would think she would rather want that too, but again, everyone's different.

Just keep being a friend like she said & who knows, maybe you two will get back together in the future!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2020, 09:14 AM

10,306 posts, read 6,842,111 times
Run Forrest, RUN!

Old 08-31-2020, 02:08 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
good riddance

Old 08-31-2020, 02:12 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
You have been cut free
And you are despondent ? You are 25
Keep walking- it gets better
You are free
A bus goes by every 10 minutes
It will never get this good again if you keep dating women like this
Change what you are doing ASAP
Here is what I did not know @25 -women have an on off switch -guys don’t
Been there done that

Old 08-31-2020, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
mzdevelopment101, I know nothing about depression or the various ways it affects people, but I will say she seemed to handle things in a mature & selfless way. She cares about you so much that she doesn't want to drag you down in her life, which I'm sure she genuinely meant.

But, I know you being the other person is probably thinking, well, if she cares about me so much, why doesn't she want to be w/ me & let me be her rock, her support, her anchor, etc.? Yes, I personally would think she would rather want that too, but again, everyone's different.

Just keep being a friend like she said & who knows, maybe you two will get back together in the future!

Oh & to add to this, definitely DON'T stop your life in hopes that you will get back together some day. You keep on going, do your activities, hobbies, school, work, & DATING NEW PEOPLE. Sure, you & your ex-GF can still hang out from time to time if you want, but keep doing your other priorities.

Old 08-31-2020, 07:31 PM

6,456 posts, read 3,978,943 times
Is this another of her "I'm going to say I want one thing but hope you do another" things? Is she expecting you to now disregard her desire (or stated desire) to break up, and "fight for her" by insisting you stay together?

What is she going to do to work on herself and heal so that she might be able to have a chance with you in future? If she doesn't have concrete plans to take concrete steps, then she's probably never going to get better, unfortunately.

And, either way, don't hold your breath (and hold up your life) waiting on her. She may never get better. Or she may get better and then hook up with someone else. So don't miss out on all of your opportunities waiting for her. And if you find someone else in the meantime? Then good for you. If she doesn't like that? Then she shouldn't have played the "breaking up" game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzdevelopment101 View Post
It's only been a week, but we went out for the first time since the break up, she still refers to me as "baby", we hugged multiple times throughout the night, held hands as we promised to be supportive to one another, I had her smiling, she says she constantly has had multiple dreams about me and she asked that I take her out again.
Yup. This sounds like her same old MO. She (allegedly) doesn't want to be in a relationship with you, but she wants to act like she is. Just like she (allegedly) wanted space apart from you but wants to actually spend time together. Her actions do not match her words, and she expects that your actions also will not match her words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post

If this is the same guy I think it is, no, she's not mature and selfless. If it's the same guy, he had another thread about how his girlfriend got depressed and told him she wanted space, so when he gave her space as requested, she was unhappy because then she felt like he didn't care about her. Told him she expects him to "fight for her," which I guess means he ignores what she says she wants and has to read her mind. She wanted to "take a break" from their relationship, but still wanted him to come over and snuggle and everything. None of those are the actions of someone mature or selfless.

Old 08-31-2020, 07:43 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Here is what I did not know @25 -women have an on off switch -guys don’t
Huh?

Old 09-01-2020, 08:12 AM

720 posts, read 428,809 times
Here, watch this. It may have answers you seek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKC_N_9aJ8o

Old 09-01-2020, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
...If this is the same guy I think it is, no, she's not mature and selfless. If it's the same guy, he had another thread about how his girlfriend got depressed and told him she wanted space, so when he gave her space as requested, she was unhappy because then she felt like he didn't care about her. Told him she expects him to "fight for her," which I guess means he ignores what she says she wants and has to read her mind. She wanted to "take a break" from their relationship, but still wanted him to come over and snuggle and everything. None of those are the actions of someone mature or selfless.

OK, didn't know about the other thread, so OP's changing usernames left & right so it appears like a fresh, new person's situation.

Then, she's a mess & should just not be in ANY relationship & focus on her thing.

Old 09-01-2020, 01:41 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Huh?
Yes that is what we say at 25
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology