Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 03:34 AM

203 posts, read 142,091 times

Advertisements

I have anxiety because I like this guy and when I stopped talking to him I felt sad all the time.
I message him and told him I suffer from depression and anxiety and I like to talk to him from time to time.
I first offer FWB and he said no.
But I can message him or talk to him from time to time.
I feel happier but worried that it will not end.
My therapist tells me we have to dig deeper about why you like this guy so much.
Medication works. But I still like him and he knows it.
The situation is weird and I feel weird.
But I am happier than before.
I just want more. I want all of him.
I also am in touch with my ex and we talk everynight.
He cares about me
I have guys that showed interests In me but since I keep thinking about one guy j can't be with them. Plus I want to get fit before my next relationship starts.
Anyway, I am not seeking advises just want to make sure if I am as weird as I think I am. And why this guy is ok with me texting him.

Last edited by tinainthemirror; 12-22-2020 at 03:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2020, 06:06 AM

720 posts, read 429,008 times
Personally I don't find it weird, but if this guy just wants to be friends you have to accept that reality. Not everyone we like, likes us back the same and that's fine. ^^

Old 12-22-2020, 07:07 AM

Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohangr View Post
Personally I don't find it weird, but if this guy just wants to be friends you have to accept that reality. Not everyone we like, likes us back the same and that's fine. ^^
So it is not weird but I have to know the boundaries.
I am getting to the radical acceptance that he doesn't want me but I still want him to be part of my life.
I ma not sure what si right but that seems right.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-23-2020 at 07:41 PM..

Old 12-22-2020, 07:10 AM

Maybe I don't so stranger about this.
I can't expect people who don't know me comment about my life
I am feeling worst when people comments their lack of understanding here.
I don't care if thai topic gets deleted as well.

Old 12-22-2020, 07:22 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,563,075 times
Your obsession with this guy isn't good for you. "I want all of him" isn't something that someone who feels and can maintain health boundaries says about a platonic friend.

It was truly for the best for both you and this man that he turned down your offer as things could have turned south very quickly. FWB situations go badly and end worse when one partner is more emotionally invested than the other.

It's good that you've sought out professional help because as kind as this man and your ex are being to you in terms of letting you lean on them for support, what you're describing requires far more than they can provide--especially the objectivity provided by a professional therapist.

Old 12-22-2020, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
Your obsession with this guy isn't good for you. "I want all of him" isn't something that someone who feels and can maintain health boundaries says about a platonic friend.

It was truly for the best for both you and this man that he turned down your offer as things could have turned south very quickly. FWB situations go badly and end worse when one partner is more emotionally invested than the other.

It's good that you've sought out professional help because as kind as this man and your ex are being to you in terms of letting you lean on them for support, what you're describing requires far more than they can provide--especially the objectivity provided by a professional therapist.
Thank you for your comments.
Yeah. I think it was good he turned down my offer.
I am working with my therapist but she said I can't be independent over night and I can't expect to get over them this fast.
She doesn't tell em what to do but I am worried I make them uncomfortable.
I don't know. I keep asking them if they are ok with me talking to them and they keep saying yes.
I am not sure what else I can do.

Old 12-22-2020, 07:36 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinainthemirror View Post
I am working with my therapist but she said I can't be independent over night and I can't expect to get over them this fast.
I don't know. I keep asking them if they are ok with me talking to them and they keep saying yes.
Do they ever text you first?

Do you ever talk about anything other than your issues?

Old 12-22-2020, 09:50 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
You are NOT ready for ANY relationships. Focus only on your therapy.

Old 12-23-2020, 01:16 AM

720 posts, read 429,008 times
Quote:
Your therapist is right. See you are getting all the feedback you need. Now your "job" is to start trusting what people say. Don't keep asking them if they are ok with you talking to them. They said yes. Accept it.
How would you feel if a friend constantly asked you if it's ok to talk with you after always being there when they talked with you? I'm pretty sure I would personally be more annoyed with the asking if I'm ok than actually talking about their problems with them. Just don't forget to listen to them too when they are talking^^

It takes time to change. Just focus on that - you'll be alright

Old 12-23-2020, 03:49 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
I have anxiety because I like this guy and when I stopped talking to him I felt sad all the time.
I message him and told him I suffer from depression and anxiety and I like to talk to him from time to time.
I first offer FWB and he said no.
But I can message him or talk to him from time to time.
I feel happier but worried that it will not end.
My therapist tells me we have to dig deeper about why you like this guy so much.
Medication works. But I still like him and he knows it.
The situation is weird and I feel weird.
But I am happier than before.
I just want more. I want all of him.
I also am in touch with my ex and we talk everynight.
He cares about me
I have guys that showed interests In me but since I keep thinking about one guy j can't be with them. Plus I want to get fit before my next relationship starts.
Anyway, I am not seeking advises just want to make sure if I am as weird as I think I am. And why this guy is ok with me texting him.
I just read your last thread about this guy, plus the one where he canceled the 4th date and Is he into me?

What I'm reading is you moved way too fast for him. We're in a pandemic, you're wearing masks when you see each other. He wanted to get to know you. He thought you 2 had a future but you've been pushing him for more like holding hands. You've shared way too much about past relationships, even admitted to seeing someone else when he was not. You then dropped the bomb on him that you're in therapy so now he is wondering how sane you really are. You then ask him to be friends with benefits but he wouldn't even hold your hand. You've then texted him during the night to dump or vent to him about who knows what. Now you want to text him and have a text relationship. What I'm reading is he wants to distance himself from you and honestly, at this point, you should stop texting him if you really like him. Get yourself healthy, stop being so needy. It's way too much for a casual relationship. All you're doing is pushing him farther away. He's going to end up blocking you.

Why do you want this guy so bad? Because we always want what we can't have. I guarantee you that people commenting in your multiple threads have been there too so we do know how you feel even if we didn't do the things you're doing to this guy.

So please, do yourself a favor, please stop texting this guy until you don't need therapy any more.

Quote:
He texted me yesterday. Today I told him I like him. He said he sees me as friends. I told him then don't text me or call me again. I want to focus on new relationship.
He agreed. It's done.
Quote:
He calls me last night and I asked him why he is not that affectionate and he said he likes physical touch but he is not seeing us to be strong romantic together in this pandemic time. Because we have mask half of the time together. I asked him then what is his goal and he said to get to know me and he think I am an interesting person.

I have already developed feeling for this person . I have asked him is he talking to anyone else and he said no. He asked me the same question and I told him yes. Anyway, he is not looking at me sexually at least. How can I take things slow?
Quote:
Then I told him I am seeing a therapist. And he stayed quite and said nothing. It was an awkward silent for 1 minute and he asked me what do I like people do in my birthday. I told him I like them to buy me chocolate cake. So is everything got worst now that he knows I go to therapy? I even did t tell him I take medicine

Last edited by Roselvr; 12-23-2020 at 04:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology