Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2021, 01:06 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,037,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Don't think vegans are any more extreme in their views than diehard meat consumers are in theirs. Can vegans be preachy? Sure. I've come across a few who are. But, on the other side are carnivores who stereotype vegans as "fanatic and extreme" and proudly declare how much meat they're going to eat in reaction to vegans. I don't think one is any less annoying than the other.

I'm not a vegan or a vegetarian, and, until recently, I never had the desire to be. I can enjoy a good burger or steak as much a meat lover can, but I also think that we, as a society, eat WAY too much meat. Way too much. So, I really limit my meat consumption and try to eat at least a few plant-based meals a week
Carnists never said a word or had a care in the world until effete, preachy vegans invaded and started with their vacuous virtue signaling. Carnists have been forced to up their rhetorical game in self-defense. Certain people hate freedom and you have to fight them. The price of liberty is eternal vigilance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2021, 01:33 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,839,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Carnists never said a word or had a care in the world until effete, preachy vegans invaded and started with their vacuous virtue signaling. Carnists have been forced to up their rhetorical game in self-defense. Certain people hate freedom and you have to fight them. The price of liberty is eternal vigilance.
Do you go through life this way? I ask, because you sound the same in all of your posts, whether having to do with real estate, international relations, domestic policy, religion (), and, now, whether someone chooses of their own free will to eat a plant-based diet.

If you wanna see oppression or discrimination in something that doesn't affect your life one iota, have at it. Doesn't sound fun to me. In fact, you sound as militant as the stereotypical SJW.

Old 01-22-2021, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Do you go through life this way? I ask, because you sound the same in all of your posts, whether having to do with real estate, international relations, domestic policy, religion (), and, now, whether someone chooses of their own free will to eat a plant-based diet.

If you wanna see oppression or discrimination in something that doesn't affect your life one iota, have at it. Doesn't sound fun to me. In fact, you sound as militant as the stereotypical SJW.
Yes, all my posts sound like they were written by me. That’s because I wrote them. I am fine with all people eating whatever they want, and NEVER trying to mandate what others eat. Are you not aware of the militant vegan movement that is trying to execute its cancel culture tyranny on meat producers? Quietly and calmly go about your personal life selecting your own individual diet. Then, you too will be supporting freedom and individual rights. At which point carnists can return to happily and efficiently enjoying steak and chicken dinners. Without having pc vegan militants attempting to force their will on others.

Old 01-22-2021, 01:47 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,839,694 times
Quote:
Yes, all my posts sound like they were written by me. That’s because I wrote them. I am fine with all people eating whatever they want, and NEVER trying to mandate what others eat. Are you not aware of the militant vegan movement that is trying to execute its cancel culture tyranny on meat producers? Quietly and calmly go about your personal life selecting your own individual diet. Then, you too will be supporting freedom and individual rights. At which point carnists can return to happily and efficiently enjoying steak and chicken dinners. Without having pc vegan militants attempting to force their will on others.
Oh. Okay.

Old 01-22-2021, 02:07 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Dude, there is zero chance anyone is going to take away your right to eat meat. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

People lobby for a million different things, if you get irate at all of them, your head would explode.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-22-2021, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Dude, there is zero chance anyone is going to take away your right to eat meat. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

People lobby for a million different things, if you get irate at all of them, your head would explode.
Don’t sell iration short. It’s a great spiritual cleanser.

Old 01-22-2021, 02:53 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Don’t sell iration short. It’s a great spiritual cleanser.

The wolf you feed wins.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-22-2021, 03:55 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,940,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
The wolf you feed wins.
As a retired clinical counselor who spend six years working with domestic violence offenders, I can attest to that. The notion that anger is somehow cathartic has its roots in the Freudian era - in fact, we now know that anger only produces more anger. As in many other things, Freud was wrong.

https://www.mindcoolness.com/blog/catharsis-anger/

And it's unhealthy for the person who is angry.

https://psmag.com/social-justice/not...t-attack-59102

Old 01-22-2021, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
As a retired clinical counselor who spend six years working with domestic violence offenders, I can attest to that. The notion that anger is somehow cathartic has its roots in the Freudian era - in fact, we now know that anger only produces more anger. As in many other things, Freud was wrong.

https://www.mindcoolness.com/blog/catharsis-anger/

And it's unhealthy for the person who is angry.

https://psmag.com/social-justice/not...t-attack-59102
Whether it is cathartic or not is not the core issue. The correct question is: is it justified? Anger is rational, correct, and beneficial when it targets tyranny or evil.

Old 01-22-2021, 04:46 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,940,900 times
Quote:
Whether it is cathartic or not is not the core issue.
You described anger as a "spiritual cleanser". It's nothing of the sort.

Quote:
The correct question is: is it justified? Anger is rational, correct, and beneficial when it targets tyranny or evil.
What you're doing in this thread is beating the same drum over and over again -- and that's going to win militant vegans over to your viewpoint as effectively as their antics like vandalizing butcher shops win people over to veganism. Damning all vegans as militants is as unrealistic as labeling all members of a given religious tradition as fundamentalists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology