Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2021, 10:14 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,217,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marodil85 View Post
Why do they categorically refuse to eat any animal food ingredients, and by no means make any exception?
No I don't they are necessarily. Some of them are but that's true of any lifestyle choice.

They just don't like the thought of eating animals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2021, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabSer View Post
I think vegans are often depicted as extreme because people hate to be reminded that someone can be better than them. The mere existence of vegans questions something that meat eaters like to do, and that bothers them. Period.
No it's really because the peachy ones give most vegans a bad name. I don't think someone is better than me because they don't eat or use animal products.
Quote:
I think that even a fair discussion where a vegan calmly makes their point resounds powerfully in a carnivorous conscience (which is why the latter tend to exaggerate and even redicule the first: to exorcise the "monster" that spoils their pleasure by pointing out higher moral standards).
Only if they feel some moral need not to eat animals. I've killed and eaten them myself. That's what they are for.

Quote:
Eating meat isn't illegal. But being legal doesn't mean being just or ethical. Worse things weren't illegal in the past (I don't need to name examples here)... things that now humanity regrets and condemns. And I believe in the future we'll look back and see animal objectification as barbaric, just like we do with all the acts of "avoidable" violence and abuse on others.
I have exterminated animals simply because I didn't like them. Killing thousands and not just adults little babies too. They weren't even fit to eat, I did it just because their presence offended me. (Mice and rats.) I felt no ethical issue with it.
Quote:
The fact that we CAN do it, doesn't mean that we have to do it. The fact that we like it is of no justification either. Horrible things have been made by mankind just because some had the power to do those things to others who couldn't fight back or make their suffering be heard.
I don't feel i any need to justify killing animals ripping off their skin to make clothes and feasting on their flesh. I simply wear leather shoes and eat streaks and eggs because I want to. I don't care about the animals, that's what they are for.
Quote:
If you can, and you like it, you can do it, if it's legal. Yet I will always judge the level of humanity on the gauge of compassion as a first value.
Feel free to judge me to your heart's delight.
Quote:
Invoking "nature" too is rhetorical: just because other animals do it (when they don't have alternatives) doesn't mean anything: the she-mantis eats the male's head after mating, yet I wouldn't see that as appropriate IRL. It's called naturalistic fallacy, if I remember correctly.
I don't appeal to nature that is indeed a logical fallacy. I drive a vehicle I wear synthetic fibers I don't do think things are good or bad based on nature.

I would only have to justify things I felt like I needed to justify. I eat animals I eat their eggs the drink their milk I wear their hides because I want to.
Quote:
I'm not vegan, but I try to eat as little meat as possible. I'm too weak and lazy basically, but I like the fact that I'm not proud of indulging and, if anything, I like it to be that way.
I don't consider eating flesh indulgence. A leather coat yes that's indulgence, I'm not ashamed of that.

Old 03-02-2021, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyWest View Post
You can't love animals and eat them too

https://www.vegansproducts.com/25-ep...-look-at-meat/
Lol some of those are funny like the one with the man and the cow.

That one made me laugh out loud.

Old 03-07-2021, 06:01 AM

762 posts, read 451,503 times
World Peace begins in the kitchen. Nothing tastes as good as feeling great feels.

Eating a whole food plant based diet helps boost your immune system while saving these precious beings from being killed.

Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
https://vegannewsnow.com/2020/03/06/...america-study/...

Old 03-08-2021, 04:50 AM

2,089 posts, read 3,904,323 times
^^^ Case in point.

Old 03-08-2021, 12:48 PM

Quote:
World Peace begins in the kitchen. Nothing tastes as good as feeling great feels.
Like bacon.
Quote:
Eating a whole food plant based diet helps boost your immune system while saving these precious beings from being killed.
pigs cows and chickens aren't precious to me they're bred to be slaughtered. And there's nothing that's going to cause you problems with eating meat eating too much just like eating too much of anything will cause you problems.
Quote:
Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
https://vegannewsnow.com/2020/03/06/...america-study/...
Being vegan is not going down uncharted Territory there are hundreds of thousands of vegans you're just going down a different beaten path. One that's become kind of trendy.

Old 03-08-2021, 03:27 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Vegans can do whatever they like as long as they aren't browbeating or shaming me I'm fine. Live and let live as far as I'm concerned.

Old 03-08-2021, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Vegans can do whatever they like as long as they aren't browbeating or shaming me I'm fine. Live and let live as far as I'm concerned.
I think that's a big part of the vegan culture now I've known many vegans that don't do this in fact most of them don't. But the ones that do love doing it the best response to them is simply refused to be brown beaten.

I don't eat meat because I have to I eat it because I want to. I don't have any moral issue with killing animals to eat their flesh I've wiped out entire groups of animals just because I didn't like them. When I called the exterminator to get rid of mice.

Old 03-12-2021, 11:28 AM

176 posts, read 95,598 times
Some are, some are not.

One of our daughters was vegan for six or seven years. (She is vegetarian now, and other months, vegan.)

She was never fanatic yet she lived it strictly and as she started, she used a cool computer procram where she logged her own body's statistics, needs and then logged what she ate to make sure she was not missing any needed levels of any ingredients. See? she was fanatic in her application of it? or just strict perhaps.

But she never treated any others, not even just in speech, in an obnoxious or unkind way, etc.

Never joined and org and never carried a sign or protested eating meats, etc.

Old 03-12-2021, 02:27 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,630,789 times
Quote:
You can't love animals and eat them too

https://www.vegansproducts.com/25-ep...-look-at-meat/
Lots of us do.

That doesn't negate the fact that industrial animal farming needs to be made more humane.

But that would cut down on profits, and "there's the rub".

A diet of veg sent me to the hospital so I can't go there anymore. Too much fiber almost caused my death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology