Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2021, 11:30 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,585,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marodil85 View Post
Why do they categorically refuse to eat any animal food ingredients, and by no means make any exception?
I don't know. The less of that they eat, the more for others. As long as they eat healthy, it's fine.

I think the no-animal-products is that an animal died for it, or should have used it for its babies or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2021, 10:15 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,943,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
I think the no-animal-products is that an animal died for it, or should have used it for its babies or something?
As I understand it, it has to do with animal "rights" and the exploitation of a species by humans. They're essentially claiming there's no difference between species, and our using animals for things like honey and milk is akin to slavery.

Old 03-24-2021, 08:53 PM

32,937 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankrigby View Post
I'd say it's cruelty. If you don't want to feed your cat meat get a rabbit. A cat is an obligated carnivore.
My vegan nephew and his wife own a cat. OK, she owned the cat before they married. He was an omnivore before they married. She's very attractive and knows how to prepare a good meal. He's happy.

Old 03-25-2021, 08:07 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
My vegan nephew and his wife own a cat. OK, she owned the cat before they married. He was an omnivore before they married. She's very attractive and knows how to prepare a good meal. He's happy.
My daughter is vegan and has a dog. The dog gets horrible gas, lol, so she started making her own food for him, out of meat, of course. She had a boyfriend who was a chef who adored foie gras.

She dumped the boyfriend, but not because of what he ate. She kept the dog, though. She seems pretty happy...

Old 03-26-2021, 12:16 AM

32,937 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
My daughter is vegan and has a dog. The dog gets horrible gas, lol, so she started making her own food for him, out of meat, of course. She had a boyfriend who was a chef who adored foie gras.

She dumped the boyfriend, but not because of what he ate. She kept the dog, though. She seems pretty happy...
It's great to have a dog when you're having a gassy day.

Years ago, I was vegetarian for nearly three years and vegan for about six months. Decades ago. In Northeastern PA. That was pretty difficult. I also started the vegan diet in late fall. That wasn't a great time to start. It didn't help that it was a harsh winter or that I was working long hours. Anyway, I fell off of the turnip cart for a piece of cheese. I needed cheese. I craved cheese. I'd even had a dream about cheese.

I didn't discuss my vegan choice with anyone who didn't have to know. My nephew, on the other hand, ranted to me for a couple of years. I told him that I didn't particularly feel sorry for bivalves and that I didn't consider honey bees slaves. He said that! I reminded him that they could leave any time that they waned to.

Old 04-02-2021, 05:12 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,223,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Cats are obligate carnivores if you aren't feeding it properly you are killing it. Vegans who want vegan pets should get a rabbit or a parakeet

Old 06-25-2021, 02:16 AM

22 posts, read 11,829 times
Being vegetarian is actually a good thing and as you mentioned, vegetarian people are not generally extreme. In fact since vegetarian food is always simple and mild, free of any extreme spices and hotness, it soothes your intestines. In general vegetarian people are calm and less angry as compared to people who consume non-vegetarian food.

In India you will find majority of vegetarian people, especially among Gujarati Jain community. They are mostly long lived. You will find many people in their region who are above 80 year old.

Old 06-25-2021, 06:29 AM

1,754 posts, read 755,134 times
I am a vegetarian, not a vegan. I would guess that most vegans are NOT extreme, but rather just have a caring heart for other life forms.

Old 06-25-2021, 07:39 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellnesszing View Post
Being vegetarian is actually a good thing and as you mentioned, vegetarian people are not generally extreme. In fact since vegetarian food is always simple and mild, free of any extreme spices and hotness, it soothes your intestines. In general vegetarian people are calm and less angry as compared to people who consume non-vegetarian food.

In India you will find majority of vegetarian people, especially among Gujarati Jain community. They are mostly long lived. You will find many people in their region who are above 80 year old.
That's not exactly true. Chiles are vegetables.

Old 06-25-2021, 08:35 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankrigby View Post
Cats are obligate carnivores if you aren't feeding it properly you are killing it. Vegans who want vegan pets should get a rabbit or a parakeet
I agree w/ you. Cats are carnivores, the way they're wired. Not feeding them meat, whoa. For humans, it's different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology