Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2021, 11:45 AM

22 posts, read 37,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
You are the issue because you are making it an issue. You don’t need to justify,defend or explain to anyone what your choices are, you are happy and that’s all that counts. I’ll go even further and ask why you even give people around you the impression they can ask or offer advice. Perhaps you need to set some boundaries or choose different friends, or stop telling people.
I'm not. People consistently ask me why I do not have any children or am not married yet. I am just finally coming out as asexual, and I don't want to get married, have kids, due to having no desire for sex. That's what I am doing. Being asexual to me is normal. Everyone else seems to have a problem.

Old 01-03-2021, 11:47 AM

6,346 posts, read 2,900,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Why are so many people talking to you about sex? Why are YOU talking to so many people about sex? Typically, outside the "locker room" it's not just brought up randomly, leading me to think that YOU are initiating conversation or bringing it up during more general conversation around relationships, marriage, or kids. YOU need to stop talking about it.
This is what I'm thinking. The subject doesn't come up in the conversations I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyc113 View Post
I'm not. People consistently ask me why I do not have any children or am not married yet. I am just finally coming out as asexual, and I don't want to get married, have kids, due to having no desire for sex. That's what I am doing. Being asexual to me is normal. Everyone else seems to have a problem.
Tell them it's none of their business. I had an assistant at work once who was trying to be little miss matchmaker once and I finally had to tell her that my personal life was none of her business.

Old 01-03-2021, 11:53 AM

61,734 posts, read 87,147,355 times
OP was told what to do on his other thread. He got over 100 replies.
Another thread won't teach him anything new.
He might be venting, but he might be just boasting about his life choices. Who knows...

Most 30 y.o. adults know how to redirect conversation or stop inconvenient questions. I think he just likes to talk about and starts the topic by himself. Like here, on this board.

Old 01-03-2021, 11:55 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,023,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
OP was told what to do on his other thread. He got over 100 replies.
Another thread won't teach him anything new.
He might be venting, but he might be just boasting about his life choices. Who knows...

Most 30 y.o. adults know how to redirect conversation or stop inconvenient questions. I think he just likes to talk about and starts the topic by himself. Like here, on this board.
100% true. Plus in his old thread, he said he'd have sex with his wife, considered the priesthood, and generally seemed confused about the differences between celibacy and asexuality.

This reminds me of the old joke about vegans (though I've heard it about atheists and others)..

Q: "How do you know someone is a vegan?"
A: "Oh don't worry...they'll tell you."

Old 01-03-2021, 11:59 AM

8,620 posts, read 5,654,555 times
OP: Why don't you just shut up about it and go about your business.

Why are you even discussing this with anyone?

And who are all of these hoards of people who are hounding you to have sex?

You must be a very interesting person.

Old 01-03-2021, 12:05 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times
People who say why who cares, not an issue. It is because its hard to pair successfully if you arent interested in sex. And heaven forbid if you aren't paired.
The whole world is sex crazed, for those of who don't care for it, we do get a sort of you must be strange/different/unabomber looks

Old 01-03-2021, 12:10 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,944,595 times
Quote:
S
... I'm tired of people telling me that I should just "try it out once" or saying that I "need to get laid" all the time. I'm sick of people saying that I just need to find someone and fall in love, so I won't end up alone. I don't care if I am alone. I actually enjoy being single...
Then quit offering information about your being asexual to friends and acquaintances, or responding with information when asked about your status or orientation. It's nobody's business. I have been single for a good portion of my life (I'm 73), and can count the number of times on one hand where someone's suggested I need to find someone and fall in love. It's easy to deflect questions without being rude; practice it. If you are surrounded by people who persist in poking and prodding for information, you need to decide whether you're choosing the right kind of friends. Mature people don't pull this kind of crap on their friends.

Old 01-03-2021, 12:13 PM

22 posts, read 37,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KemBro71 View Post
Bosses and co-workers? Ummmmm ok...

I think this is more about having a chip on your shoulder prompted by insecurity and less about true asexuality. Even more so after reading parts of your other thread (which I have a hard time believing you "forgot").
Ok. Well, I honestly did forget. I just now know that I made that post years ago, even before officially coming out as asexual.

Interesting you call me having a chip on my shoulder. Try going your whole life being constantly accused of disorder or wondering if there is something broken about you for not wanting sex. Being accused of being gay, being accused of being some creep, etc. I'd like you to try and not feel a chip on my shoulder. People simply don't get asexuality in the real world.

Old 01-03-2021, 12:20 PM

6,346 posts, read 2,900,201 times
There's an asexual group on facebook. They call themselves aces.
https://www.facebook.com/a.aces.page/

Quote:
Ok. Well, I honestly did forget. I just now know that I made that post years ago, even before officially coming out as asexual.

Interesting you call me having a chip on my shoulder. Try going your whole life being constantly accused of disorder or wondering if there is something broken about you for not wanting sex. Being accused of being gay, being accused of being some creep, etc. I'd like you to try and not feel a chip on my shoulder. People simply don't get asexuality in the real world.
Everyone has to act like a victim these days.

Old 01-03-2021, 12:25 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,436,538 times
Quote:
Maybe I am hanging with the wrong people. My area is highly traditional, and everyone seems to think that you have to get married and have kids with a dog. I never wanted that, and I want my asexual life accepted. It gets annoying having people consistently tell me that I need to conform or try sex because it's "essential" to them.
Why can't you simply tell questioners that you don't discuss your personal life? Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology