Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2021, 07:37 AM

2,385 posts, read 2,338,616 times

Advertisements

Savor it.

Enjoy the fact that you don't have to put up with drama. You can live your life the way you want to w/o some nagging woman getting in the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2021, 08:13 AM

3,246 posts, read 1,739,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
You can have a relationship with someone who doesn’t live with you. Lots of people do it.
This made me think of an old friend of mine, I've known him since we were both in Jr. high school. He married his girlfriend 23 years ago and they maintain two residences, which they each bought before they found each other. It's a complicated relationship with a blended family. All our mutual friends didn't believe the marriage would work but somehow they have made things work.
Surprises all around.

Old 03-16-2021, 08:42 AM

26 posts, read 23,781 times
I think what you are experiencing is a state where women have become non feminine. i am married to a very feminine lady and off late seeing the manly woman around has made me a bit scared for my son. Growing up in asia i always surrounded by very powerful yet feminine women. some reason western culture has painted a powerful women as some one who has to act masculine.

Old 03-16-2021, 10:39 AM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InwardPass View Post
So I’ve decided I’m giving up. I’m never going to get a woman, and I don’t even want to at this point.

Does anyone else have advice for going through life alone?
Buy two things and you'll never have to worry about women again: a passport and a plane ticket.

If you're not willing to travel then yes you'll be alone, if you are willing to travel then the world is your oyster.

You could be old, bald, overweight, and unattractive and still have plenty of companions so long as you are willing to travel.

Old 03-16-2021, 11:45 AM

928 posts, read 498,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Buy two things and you'll never have to worry about women again: a passport and a plane ticket.

If you're not willing to travel then yes you'll be alone, if you are willing to travel then the world is your oyster.

You could be old, bald, overweight, and unattractive and still have plenty of companions so long as you are willing to travel.
Completely agree. I'm in shape, attractive, professional, and have a lot going for me and even I had to travel far.

Old 03-16-2021, 12:37 PM

4,295 posts, read 2,762,650 times
Quote:
So I’ve decided I’m giving up. I’m never going to get a woman, and I don’t even want to at this point. I’m now trying to figure out how to spend the next however many decades alone, because there are most likely many in front of me. It’s not ideal, but it’s my only option. Does anyone else have advice for going through life alone?
Life will cost more. Save your money so you can buy a house - it is much cheaper for a couple to live, than one person (assuming both of them work).

I am sorry you are blue about this. I know it is not ideal, but as time goes by, you will become set in your ways and actually prefer it. The endless couples babbles will begin to bore you and eventually become intolerable. You will start to appreciate being alone more.

Old 03-16-2021, 01:51 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,599,236 times
Quote:
So I’ve decided I’m giving up. I’m never going to get a woman, and I don’t even want to at this point. I’m now trying to figure out how to spend the next however many decades alone, because there are most likely many in front of me. It’s not ideal, but it’s my only option. Does anyone else have advice for going through life alone?
You need to decide what you want out of life and pursue it. You have to do that with a partner as well, but it's easier to focus on when you're by yourself. Work hard, be healthy, pursue your interests. Build a social network around those things to support yourself.

Old 03-16-2021, 02:01 PM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Draper View Post
Completely agree. I'm in shape, attractive, professional, and have a lot going for me and even I had to travel far.
Yeah it isn't about checklists.

Old 03-16-2021, 02:46 PM

23,250 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msats View Post
I think what you are experiencing is a state where women have become non feminine. i am married to a very feminine lady and off late seeing the manly woman around has made me a bit scared for my son. Growing up in asia i always surrounded by very powerful yet feminine women. some reason western culture has painted a powerful women as some one who has to act masculine.

Can't even find the right words to respond to this gem!

Old 03-16-2021, 02:52 PM

28,113 posts, read 63,642,682 times
Sometimes a change in geography can do wonders especially when you are not tied down...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology