Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 09:59 PM

6,849 posts, read 4,847,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
Because of course marriage is such a treat for women... having to be someone else's servant night and day. Interestingly enough, of the people I know who are divorced, the men get remarried. The women stay single; they have learned their lesson.
One of the reasons I finally agreed to marry my DH was because he was self sufficient. He didn't need someone to take care if him. He knew how to cook and clean. He didn't feel we had to have traditional roles. We had the same outlook on finances. We were a team. I wasn't going to waste my life being someone's cheerleader.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2021, 05:15 AM

6,414 posts, read 3,128,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
Because of course marriage is such a treat for women... having to be someone else's servant night and day. Interestingly enough, of the people I know who are divorced, the men get remarried. The women stay single; they have learned their lesson.
That works BOTH WAYS, you know...............

Old 03-23-2021, 07:09 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,069,067 times
That is a low blow, E-twist. I didn't insult you and I don't appreciate you insulting me. I have as much right to post my opinion on here as you do.

First of all, I'm not sure what you mean about me attracting "helpless" women. I don't have helpless women in my life. I do have a number of female friends who never lived on their own but got married right away after high school or college. That is no reflection whatsoever on me. These are women from my high school or college years, not women I met along the way. Anyway, I spoke about women in general. If women supported singlehood, where are all the single women? They're all married, or divorced, or living with a man. The truth is that women don't want to be single.

I think you know that I was speaking the truth but you don't like it so you had to insult me.

Old 03-23-2021, 07:12 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,672,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I think your problem is yourself, if you let other people's comment get to you. You are overly sensitive.

Nobody knows yourself the best and they're making these generalizations. Nobody should get married until they can handle their own life then adding another significant other to the equation.

@V: Why? Why do you quote the ENTIRE post here? Stop doing that. We know who you are talking to.

Old 03-23-2021, 07:12 AM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times
....and a way we go!

Old 03-23-2021, 07:13 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,672,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Seems to me that the "social" pressure is just the pressure that you are putting on yourself.

Just go out and find someone, or not!

You too, Mike. Why? WHY?

Old 03-23-2021, 10:11 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smt1111 View Post
Anyway, I spoke about women in general. If women supported singlehood, where are all the single women? They're all married, or divorced, or living with a man. The truth is that women don't want to be single.
Are you kidding? Every woman I know over 50 is or wants to be single.

Old 03-23-2021, 10:19 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
If women supported singlehood, where are all the single women? They're all married, or divorced, or living with a man.
Yeahhhh....no. Single women are everywhere. Single, non-divorced, not-cohabiting-with-a-man women. But you can't tell their status by looking at them. You could be surrounded by them in public at any given moment, when you venture out in public, but you'd never know it, without talking to them, and getting to know them.

Old 03-23-2021, 12:04 PM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post
A fancy sports car is good date bait for a party girl. You want a woman that's looking to start a family ?

Buy a house. That's what worked for me. The fishin's pretty good when using the right bait.
That only works in the movies. Unless the car is a Lamborghini and the house is a mansion, American women aren't seduced by that.

OP, you want a girlfriend, get a passport. I have never ever had a problem getting women overseas. Your American passport alone is worth high status when abroad.

You can't control the dating market in your local area, state, or nation. But you can get on a plane and travel to where your odds are back in your favor.

Old 03-23-2021, 12:10 PM

6,849 posts, read 4,847,655 times
Quote:
That is a low blow, E-twist. I didn't insult you and I don't appreciate you insulting me. I have as much right to post my opinion on here as you do.

First of all, I'm not sure what you mean about me attracting "helpless" women. I don't have helpless women in my life. I do have a number of female friends who never lived on their own but got married right away after high school or college. That is no reflection whatsoever on me. These are women from my high school or college years, not women I met along the way. Anyway, I spoke about women in general. If women supported singlehood, where are all the single women? They're all married, or divorced, or living with a man. The truth is that women don't want to be single.

I think you know that I was speaking the truth but you don't like it so you had to insult me.
I apologize. You are entitled to your opinion, and we all base our opinions on our own experiences and observations. Where we live, our parents expectations, different cultures, religion, it all shapes us and our views.

Most people pair up eventually in either marriage or cohabitating. But all those women have apparently found a man that also doesn't want to be single. It's not just a woman thing. I will go out a limb here and Generalize men..... Most men by their 40s have been in LTRs, married, or divorced. Without looking it up I do not know the percentages of men vs women never having a LTR or marriage.

Men and women both complain about not being able to find LTR. They both can behave badly during a relationship and divorce. I am a big fan of prenups. I also think people during a split need to remember there was a reason they cared about that person at one time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology