Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 09:20 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,580,828 times

Advertisements

I frequently have weird dreams, and I often share them with my husband. He usually doesn't remember his dreams, and when he does, they're not usually as odd as mine. I'll give you some examples from this week's dreams:

One night, I dreamed I was walking around uprooting trees very easily with my bare hands. Each time I'd rip one out of the ground, I'd quickly break all of the branches off, toss them aside, and move on to the next tree. Who knows how long this would have continued if I hadn't suddenly noticed these particular trees were full of spiders (and I am terrified of spiders!).

In another one, I dreamed an elderly person I didn't know had died. Their estate was going to be auctioned off, and my husband decided he wanted us to go to the auction. When we got there, we saw that the only thing up for auction was one box that was full of some dusty books and a few other items of very small value. Two elderly, heavy-set men started fighting over the box. Somehow I knew that they were the brothers of the deceased. They both threw themselves stomach-down on top of the box to claim it for themselves. Suddenly they were both even fatter and confined to wheelchairs. Somehow we were forced to take them home with us and care for them for the rest of their lives. I found out somehow that they had been in the mob in their younger years, so I was fearful that if we didn't take them home with us or live up to their standards regarding their care, they could have us knocked off.

My husband is always telling me that I have the "weirdest dreams". I just assumed that most people do. Anybody care to share their weird dreams?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 10:32 AM

5,983 posts, read 4,279,873 times
Last night, I dreamed I was in some sort of poetry contest where everyone had to participate. When it was my turn, I remember just making up some crap poem about my life (it was terrible). When I finished, the judge of the contest applauded and remarked how great my poem was. He then tried to force me to sign all these agreements that I will become a poet and take creative writing classes.

I hate poetry, so this dream was a big surprise to me. I hadn't been thinking about poetry at all before this.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:43 AM

743 posts, read 832,840 times
I've been dreaming of the apocalypse lately. Three dreams about it in the last week. Not sure what to make of it, but it's disturbing. No one makes it out alive in any of them.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL View Post
Last night, I dreamed I was in some sort of poetry contest where everyone had to participate. When it was my turn, I remember just making up some crap poem about my life (it was terrible). When I finished, the judge of the contest applauded and remarked how great my poem was. He then tried to force me to sign all these agreements that I will become a poet and take creative writing classes.

I hate poetry, so this dream was a big surprise to me. I hadn't been thinking about poetry at all before this.
I couldn't help but chuckle at this!

Old 01-29-2015, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobSeeker101 View Post
I've been dreaming of the apocalypse lately. Three dreams about it in the last week. Not sure what to make of it, but it's disturbing. No one makes it out alive in any of them.
I think I'd get to the point where I'd be afraid to go to sleep!

Old 01-29-2015, 09:01 PM

743 posts, read 832,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlestix View Post
I think I'd get to the point where I'd be afraid to go to sleep!
My dreams are always either depressing, violent, or sexual.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:10 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,194,363 times
My dreams tend to be very random.

Now, when I dream of pets, usually it means one of ours in in danger of dying, or being killed. It's happened with around 7 currently. Got to a point where my mother told him specifically that if I had dreams of animals dying, not to tell her about it lol

And others that are recurring is when I am on the run from someone or something that's trying to kill me. I hate those.

My good ones tend to involve wondering, just out in the open world on foot and travelling. Very cozy, like one I had years ago where I am in a cabin with friends.

Rarely, I have dreams that may have a guy I currently like in them. I always wake up happy after after those.

Otherwise, my dreams are just random visuals. Rarely is there any plot. I am just there watching. And when I do anything, it's usually my body moving on it's own and I am just along for the ride.

Old 01-30-2015, 09:03 AM

I can't recall ever having such random dreams as you, VC. They always seem to be stories, although bizarre as I said before. It's like my mind comes up with a different show for me each night, and I usually find them entertaining.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:43 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,346,864 times
I used to have some weird dreams when I was drinking "Sleepytime tea" before going to bed.
The dreams stopped when I quit drinking it.

Old 01-30-2015, 01:44 PM

2,234 posts, read 3,322,805 times
My dreams are way to graphic to post. In fact I have never seen anything in a movie that comes close to some of my dreams for graphic violence and sex.

What I can post is a dream I had a few days ago. I was in a Mexican bar and the bartender was a 60ish women wearing a see through fish net top with nothing on underneath. I could see that she had tats all over her body and her boobs were large enough to reach her belly button. I spoke no Spanish and she spoke no English. There was just a few other locals in the bar and she spent all her time with me. She would grap my crouch and put her tongue in my hear. I'll stop here and let the post reader figure out what happened next.

Note; I have not been in a bar in 40 years and have not been in Mexico for 30 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology