Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2021, 10:08 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,661,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy64 View Post
I was in line at the self-checkout waiting to pay for a single carton of ice cream. The guy ahead of me saw my one item and suggested "You can pay for a single item at the Starbucks upfront."

I declined, partly because I don't know if anyone is even working at the coffee stand, and partly because I tend to bristle at the idea of being told what to do. The guy insisted: "No, really, I do it all the time with just one item...blah blah."

It was just one step away from turning into an ugly argument about who-knows-what's-best-for-who. Fortunately, the guy backed off and shut up.

It's no wonder there is so much violence in public on video today. Why do people do this kind of crap? Can't anyone mind their own G.D. business?
My response to the guy in front of me would have been, "Oh, thanks". End of conversation.

Of course, I don't "tend to bristle" at innocuous suggestions, and I certainly don't turn casual conversations into ugly arguments.

You can say that all of us should "stay in our lane", but you did make a public post about it.

Old 12-15-2021, 12:07 PM

44,369 posts, read 20,073,157 times
I've just spent an hour and a half cleaning up this thread. Personal attacks and off-topic posts have been deleted. Since the thread is destined to devolve again into rude posts and personal attacks, I've made the judgment call to close it.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology