Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2021, 06:38 PM

3,158 posts, read 2,742,447 times

Advertisements

I was in line at the self-checkout waiting to pay for a single carton of ice cream. The guy ahead of me saw my one item and suggested "You can pay for a single item at the Starbucks upfront."

I declined, partly because I don't know if anyone is even working at the coffee stand, and partly because I tend to bristle at the idea of being told what to do. The guy insisted: "No, really, I do it all the time with just one item...blah blah."

It was just one step away from turning into an ugly argument about who-knows-what's-best-for-who. Fortunately, the guy backed off and shut up.

It's no wonder there is so much violence in public on video today. Why do people do this kind of crap? Can't anyone mind their own G.D. business?

Old 12-11-2021, 07:06 PM

2,712 posts, read 1,213,772 times
at least your annoying nosy body was another customerl

I was in line when an employee kept telling me to go to the self checkout register. I kept saying no thank you I want to be in this line thank you anyway. But that wasn't enough for this idiot he kept coming to me telling me to go to the self checkout.

That man drove me nuts he wouldn't shut and then finally he comes out with Ma'am there is no need to be afraid of the self-checkout. I yelled this time back at him I'm not afraid of it I just choose not to ust it stop pestering me. I was so close to going to the courtesy to ask for a manager when I realized he was the manager for the self checkout line.

I found out they get paid more money for helping or being in charge of the self checkout lines. Well they do practically nothing. They don't help bag anything they only just help with any glitches the register makes and that requires a simple scan of their card and punch in a few keypad numbers. Big whoop.

Now recently I had a problem with a lazy cashier in another store who refused to put one carton of eggs into my plastic bag and one loaf of bread into another one of my plastic bags. The store manager claims they give the choice to help bag to the cashier. I walked out of there pissed and I felt I was being lied to. I brough my own large, insulated bags that I bagged all items, even heavy, myself but she can refuse to bag those two light items while I went to get my card to pay for my groceries. What a shame because I saw other cashiers bagging with the customers. I think they want people to pay to use their bags and that cashier is lazy. If I go back I'm going to look and see if they have self checkout registers and make a stink if they don't since we now have to bag everything ourselves why pay for a cashier.

Old 12-11-2021, 07:09 PM

10,026 posts, read 8,678,858 times
The same thing happened to me. I only had 2 items and was standing in line at the socially distanced mark on the floor and the guy behind me, not wearing a mask, comes right up to me and suggested I go to the other one where you scan your own groceries. I didn't say anything and when he got a good look at my eyes he shut up and went back to his spot.

Old 12-11-2021, 07:32 PM

1,250 posts, read 682,665 times
These are all really petty.

Stuff happens.

Move on.

Old 12-11-2021, 08:27 PM

11,817 posts, read 12,066,162 times
The guy was just trying to offer a helpful suggestion to you and you were about to turn it into an argument?

Old 12-11-2021, 08:39 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,621,271 times
If this is a first world problem %$#&*# thread, then I'm joining in with my own complaint. Why does the next in line customer get behind me breathing down my neck when I am using the debit card machine and would rather they could not watch what pin numbers I punch in? I'd like my space when I'm the customer currently being served. It's like when somebody gets on your rear on the expressway thinking they are somehow going to push you along faster by doing so.

Old 12-11-2021, 08:42 PM

15,722 posts, read 9,554,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy64 View Post
It was just one step away from turning into an ugly argument about who-knows-what's-best-for-who. Fortunately, the guy backed off and shut up.
I am glad you did not go off on him. The gentleman was trying to be helpful.

Old 12-11-2021, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post
The guy was just trying to offer a helpful suggestion to you and you were about to turn it into an argument?

Only when he started to get pushy.

Old 12-11-2021, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I am glad you did not go off on him. The gentleman was trying to be helpful.
He should learn when to back off and butt out.

Old 12-11-2021, 09:00 PM

15,722 posts, read 9,554,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy64 View Post
He should learn when to back off and butt out.
Right.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology