Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2022, 07:21 AM

18,539 posts, read 18,786,655 times

Advertisements

Arent the TV shows who invite this lady on to perform shameful.. even to encourage this then laugh at her..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2022, 07:36 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,118,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Arent the TV shows who invite this lady on to perform shameful.. even to encourage this then laugh at her..
That's what I was thinking! Why did they do that? It seems exploitative. Like a Jerry Springer show.

If I were her family I'd be incredibly worried about her. They aren't going to be removing that fat from her neck to put in her rear & I think she's approaching the point where her BMI is going to be too high to safely operate on her. This is very sad.

Old 02-16-2022, 07:54 AM

2,867 posts, read 1,544,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
She’s a “glamour model”?
Whoever you are, whatever you look like, you are someone's fetish. I am sure there are people out there who find her hot. She has 2 million followers on Instagram and the majority of the comments are complimentary. Granted, the comments might be curated, but still. There are plenty of people who think she's great. You and I and a few others may not think so, but others do.

Her emotional and physical wellness are between her and her doctors---though I do wonder about whether some of her doctors have her best interests in mind.

I also worry about the amount of chemicals in her body. It can't be good. But then again, what people eat these days isn't so great, either. Honestly? I've seen worse, and more obese, at food courts in malls.

Old 02-16-2022, 06:20 PM

6,233 posts, read 3,617,392 times
How do British people watch this early in the morning?

Old 02-17-2022, 12:16 AM

1,142 posts, read 1,145,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
I'm scared.
And so am I!!!

Old 02-17-2022, 12:37 AM

18,539 posts, read 18,786,655 times
Surgeon with no moral compass.. the lady needs help not cut up..

Old 02-17-2022, 07:26 AM

7,961 posts, read 3,499,152 times
She would find all the men she wanted in the American inner city.

Old 02-17-2022, 08:04 AM

20,417 posts, read 14,706,156 times
Things like this make me think, a bit, of a different question... Not so much "what is wrong with a person who would do this thing?" but "what is going on with people that we have a need to find someone doing something weird and point and comment, mock and claim to be worried about their health?" Like...I don't know her, so I don't know anything about why she does anything. And frankly, I don't care. There are, according to Google, 7.9 BILLION human beings on this planet. Lots of them do things that I would not in a million years, do. So what?

I mean, maybe it is part of the regional attitude of the DC sprawl where I grew up, that I decided to hang onto throughout my life, but there's a thing in my mind that says, "mind your business" sometimes. If she came here and asked me what I thought about her life, I might try and come up with an opinion to give, but otherwise? I don't get the need to talk about a stranger like this. And then many will say that since she put herself out in the public view, she asked for it. OK, but what is that, but a defense of your own actions? Like, hey, we need SOMEONE to point at and say mean stuff about! I am remembering Bill Maher complaining about how we're not "supposed to fat shame people" like boo hoo, people didn't like it when I was mean, hey, I need some people to be my socially sanctioned victims to my bullying! Who is left that I am allowed to make fun of?!?

WHY? Why do any of us need that?

Why the need to poke and bully others? What does that say about someone who is doing it? But then, to me, turning out to gawk at a circus freak show or to spectate at a public execution as people once used to do, I always thought I could not imagine doing that. The whole impulse, that whole...thing...it feels almost spiritually dirty to me. I've always felt a smidge of similar disgust at tabloid culture. Why does everything have to be everybody's business? Why would any of us think that our opinions of such people actually matter?

It's not that I have this great concern for this woman, I'm not defending her. As I said, I just don't really care. I mean, she doesn't seem to be harming other people, so...whatever. I met a guy who had an elaborate puzzle pattern tattooed all over his body and little implants in his scalp (Enigma)...it's his body, /shrug. If one disapproves of people doing these extreme things for attention, why give them so much attention?

It all just seems so petty.

Old 02-17-2022, 08:40 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,595,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post

Why the need to poke and bully others? What does that say about someone who is doing it?

AND a lot of the posts question her ability to get a man over her looks when the woman needs psychiatric help.

IMO it says they have their own issues & feelings of insecurity. It makes them feel better about themselves if they can poke fun at somebody like Natasha Crown because in their mind they are thinking “at least I don’t look like her” or “at least I don’t have her problems” if they aren’t attractive or can’t find a man either. It makes them feel above somebody….because a mentally healthy & happy person doesn’t need to tear other ppl down to feel good. Mentally healthy ppl feel empathy.

It’s good that a mod moved this^ from Fashion & Beauty to Psych tho…because it doesn’t have anything to do with F&B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
The whole impulse, that whole...thing...it feels almost spiritually dirty to me.

Some ppl are unable to feel compassion or empathy….or very little. No spirit can help that.^^

Old 02-17-2022, 09:12 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,178,388 times
Is there such a thing as reverse anorexia? Body image obsession not towards thinness, but towards obesity. Taken to an extreme excessive obesity could be just as deadly as anorexia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology