Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2022, 06:16 AM

585 posts, read 499,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
I don't think anyone has an issue with the OP having a celebrity crush. Many people have those. Many people have those and even talk about it with their spouse. But there's always the sense that the crush is unattainable that keeps things in perspective, but here it seems like the OP has broken through that barrier and is deluding herself in to thinking it's now a possibility. It's also obvious that if he was willing to slum it for a night, she'd be a willing participant. It's not going to happen, but she seems to think there's a chance and she would say yes if it came to pass. That's beyond the normal celebrity crush thing and is something her husband should be concerned about.
That’s really reading into things. I don’t think it’s a possibility! He did say he wanted to keep in touch with us but I know I’ll never see him again. He wasn’t into me or anyone. It was just me and 2 other fans I met that were there only for him. Nobody else was. We were the only ones in awe of him. Never do I think it’s a possibility to hook up with him. I said I want to. Just like many people want to hook up with unattainable people. I was just lucky enough to hang out with him. Never did I think or do I think it would happen.

Old 03-14-2022, 06:27 AM

1,483 posts, read 691,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
That’s really reading into things. I don’t think it’s a possibility! He did say he wanted to keep in touch with us but I know I’ll never see him again. He wasn’t into me or anyone. It was just me and 2 other fans I met that were there only for him. Nobody else was. We were the only ones in awe of him. Never do I think it’s a possibility to hook up with him. I said I want to. Just like many people want to hook up with unattainable people. I was just lucky enough to hang out with him. Never did I think or do I think it would happen.
You don't see this as an issue? That you WOULD HAVE if the actor gave you the opportunity - not an issue?

To wit: you would cheat on your husband if given the opportunity.

Old 03-14-2022, 06:28 AM

8,155 posts, read 3,621,007 times
Quote:
I don't think I was reading in to things but maybe you were still caught up in the moment when you wrote the original post. It does seem like you've come back down to earth in your later posts in the thread so that's a good thing.

Old 03-14-2022, 06:57 AM

585 posts, read 499,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euskalherria View Post
You don't see this as an issue? That you WOULD HAVE if the actor gave you the opportunity - not an issue?

To wit: you would cheat on your husband if given the opportunity.
There is always that one celeb you can cheat on your spouse with right?
And honestly I only probably want to kiss him. Yeah I know that’s still cheating. Don’t need a lecture about it.

Old 03-14-2022, 06:59 AM

11,097 posts, read 7,033,060 times
I understand liking certain celebrities but I had an uneasy feeling reading the initial post. I agree there is so much going on in this issue here. If you're unhappy about someone you're interested in preferring to date someone twenty years younger well it's not going to get any easier with the aging issue.

These celebrities meet thousands of people every year. I have occasionally wondered what makes one person stand out to a celebrity that would make them want to marry a "civilian" as they say in Hollywood, but I don't think about it beyond a few minutes. There comes a time in life when we have to learn to be content with the way our lives are.

Old 03-14-2022, 07:28 AM

10,138 posts, read 6,519,418 times
Quote:
Well, there it is. Right there all along. And you WOULD HAVE if he had given you the opportunity.

Sad.

Do your husband a favor and set him free so he can be with someone who is into HIM, not into a jerk C-lister who dazzles you with his supposed 'hawtness'.
Wow, who died and made you the "church lady"? The OP had a crush that she met and had a fantasy about, but that doesn't mean she's not in love with her husband. Can you possibly be just a wee bit less judgmental, or are you too perfect for the rest of the world?

Old 03-14-2022, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Wow, who died and made you the "church lady"? The OP had a crush that she met and had a fantasy about, but that doesn't mean she's not in love with her husband. Can you possibly be just a wee bit less judgmental, or are you too perfect for the rest of the world?
Ever been cheated on?

I have. And it emotionally hurts like nothing else.

Yeah, I'm 'judgemental', as is everyone else. Only fools believe otherwise.

I have strong boundaries because I respect myself. Cheating is one line you will not cross with me without major consequences.

Of course, there is an off-ramp for the OP, there for the taking. Divorce. She can do right by her husband and let him go so she play groupie and he can find someone who is an actual grownup.

Old 03-14-2022, 07:38 AM

Quote:
There is always that one celeb you can cheat on your spouse with right?
And honestly I only probably want to kiss him. Yeah I know that’s still cheating. Don’t need a lecture about it.
NO. WRONG.

Old 03-14-2022, 07:45 AM

29,785 posts, read 34,590,200 times
Quote:
NO. WRONG.
Just because you don't have a celebrity hall pass doesn't make the couples who do wrong. It's a silly thing that they laugh about. You are being mean and judgmental here.

Old 03-14-2022, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Just because you don't have a celebrity hall pass doesn't make the couples who do wrong. It's a silly thing that they laugh about. You are being mean and judgmental here.
Like I said, everyone is judgemental, including you so come down from the summit already.

You sound like one who would cheat too. Hmmm...

So another item to stick on the dealbreaker list: celebrity obsession.

Thank you. This board is helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology