Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2022, 09:05 AM

1,483 posts, read 687,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
He didn’t give it to me? Lol. There was me and 2 other women. He wasn’t going to give it to any of us. He wasn’t even staying at the hotel and neither were we. He was leaving a little while after he hung with us. There was no time for hooking up. He was working and being cool with people. Sure we all wanted to experience him isn’t that part of fandom? But it isn’t happening. I’m sure he does hook up with people if he has accessibility to a room and his isn’t working but it’s probably just with people he meets that don’t know him.
You're deflecting, this isn't about him - it's about you.

Keep spinning but the truth is you WOULD have done it IF he gave you the opportunity. THAT is the issue.

Yes, there are celebs I like. But not in a 'sexual' way like you like this guy. Well, there is one I would 'get busy' with BUT I am single and unattached. Big difference from your situation.

I like Richard Gere. One of my fav actors and I would meet him for lunch and talk 'shop', ya know? But do I want to 'make it' with him? God, no way. Not my 'type', as I like 'fem' people. No, I would enjoy talking with him on a 'person-to-person' level and certainly not on a 'sexual' level.

Old 03-14-2022, 09:09 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,421,064 times
I don't want to speak for the OP - you all just seem to be piling on at this point.

Sure, not everyone has a celebrity crush...and most who do don't discuss it. However, if they did...I bet it'd sound like this and that it looks a lot worse "on paper" than in real life.

How many of us have dull, everyday kinds of lives...and a whole lot of people go to events like this to rub elbows with other fans and YEAH - with their "crush" if they can wrangle it! So the OP got to...how exciting!

Tell me how many guys would have banged Pamela Anderson back in her BayWatch days? Millions sure thought about it! Come on, now - whether married or not... And what I mean by that is that they may actually have THOUGHT they would...but who knows if they'd had a real chance.

I don't know just how far the OP would take it and it's not actually relevant whether the crush "would allow it" or not. I think the OP can use this to look at whatever issues she has with her spouse and see how this fits it. Is it JUST boredom? Or is there something more that is causing this huge reaction to her crush? There's a lot of opportunity here and she shouldn't just shut down because of people shaming her about this big "temptation".

People have very rich fantasy lives and if everyone talked about that we'd all be clutching our pearls...for no good reason at all. Get off your pulpits people - and remember this is the Psych forum, NOT Relationships.

Old 03-14-2022, 09:12 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,421,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euskalherria View Post
You're deflecting, this isn't about him - it's about you.

Keep spinning but the truth is you WOULD have done it IF he gave you the opportunity. THAT is the issue.

Yes, there are celebs I like. But not in a 'sexual' way like you like this guy. Well, there is one I would 'get busy' with BUT I am single and unattached. Big difference from your situation.

I like Richard Gere. One of my fav actors and I would meet him for lunch and talk 'shop', ya know? But do I want to 'make it' with him? God, no way. Not my 'type', as I like 'fem' people. No, I would enjoy talking with him on a 'person-to-person' level and certainly not on a 'sexual' level.
Oh my - you wouldn't because he's not your type...well yeah, because HE'S NOT YOUR TYPE. But what if he WAS?! Oh yeah, A-OK because you're single...aren't you lucky.

Pure silliness and holier than thou. It really doesn't matter what you say you'd do or even what you think you'd do....would you, in the moment...what if he bought you a nice tie? Just kidding....

Old 03-14-2022, 09:14 AM

29,762 posts, read 34,469,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I don't know just how far the OP would take it and it's not actually relevant whether the crush "would allow it" or not. I think the OP can use this to look at whatever issues she has with her spouse and see how this fits it. Is it JUST boredom? Or is there something more that is causing this huge reaction to her crush? There's a lot of opportunity here and she shouldn't just shut down because of people shaming her about this big "temptation".
This is exactly why several posters have suggested counseling or therapy. With the OP's other thread about having a panic attack about taking this trip and her reaction to meeting this crush, there's something psychologically going on with her that digging into with a professional might help.

Old 03-14-2022, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Oh my - you wouldn't because he's not your type...well yeah, because HE'S NOT YOUR TYPE. But what if he WAS?! Oh yeah, A-OK because you're single...aren't you lucky.

Pure silliness and holier than thou. It really doesn't matter what you say you'd do or even what you think you'd do....would you, in the moment...what if he bought you a nice tie? Just kidding....
Always find it fascinating when the 'cheatin' types' attempt to shame the 'other side'. LOL. Purty sad to me.

To answer your question re Gere - no I would not. Especially if we are not in a r/s - anyone who knows me knows Rule Numero Uno.

But it doesn't matter, as I am not sexually attracted to him. I like his work as an actor, that is the appeal.

So... the other one I mentioned - not revealing their name, sorry - I would deffo pursue a r/s with them and afterwards we would be 'busy' all the time!

But, again, all of this is completely different from the OP. Big time.

Old 03-14-2022, 09:31 AM

16,675 posts, read 8,672,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie Mitchell View Post
Fascinating post. There's so much going on here. There's the actual celebrity and whatever appeal he has, but more interestingly there's a kind of reaching by you for a different experience of life. Something more exciting, less predictable, just a sense of all possibilities opening up and then closing just as quickly when the evening ends. It makes you feel sad.

I'm just going to say that I think is completely normal to feel this way. It's also a window into something about your own sense of yourself that has to do with personal agency to make your own real day to day life more adventurous, more stimulating, more the life you feel you'd love to have. When we meet people that make us feel that excitement about life it's as though maybe you can just latch on to that and go along for the ride, everything could change. But in a sense then it's just looking for someone to do it for you because you don't feel able to do it for yourself. When I was young I was filled with fantasies of this kind, being somehow just caught up by some larger than life magnetic person and carried away. It's related to dreams of running away and joining the circus. Then the circus pulls up stakes and leaves town and leaves you behind. It's just bound to feel sad.

It makes me wonder too how aware of and sensitive to this dynamic that the celebrities who attend fan conventions like this are. Do they know the complex emotional reactions contact with them sets in motion for certain fans?
Yes, and many of them (while appreciative of the adulation and the money they've made as a result) feel like this;

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmagzq

Please feel free to comment on this hilarious video in the link, as it pertains to obsessed fans that perplex the stars.

Old 03-14-2022, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Yes, and many of them (while appreciative of the adulation and the money they've made as a result) feel like this;

Please feel free to comment on this hilarious video in the link, as it pertains to obsessed fans that perplex the stars.

*mic drop*

Old 03-14-2022, 09:48 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,356,654 times
Quote:
I don't want to speak for the OP - you all just seem to be piling on at this point.

Sure, not everyone has a celebrity crush...and most who do don't discuss it. However, if they did...I bet it'd sound like this and that it looks a lot worse "on paper" than in real life.

How many of us have dull, everyday kinds of lives...and a whole lot of people go to events like this to rub elbows with other fans and YEAH - with their "crush" if they can wrangle it! So the OP got to...how exciting!

Tell me how many guys would have banged Pamela Anderson back in her BayWatch days? Millions sure thought about it! Come on, now - whether married or not... And what I mean by that is that they may actually have THOUGHT they would...but who knows if they'd had a real chance.

People have very rich fantasy lives and if everyone talked about that we'd all be clutching our pearls...for no good reason at all. Get off your pulpits people - and remember this is the Psych forum, NOT Relationships.
I think you're right. Some people seem to be taking this opportunity to take shots at a person who is vulnerable. That's never a good look.

Old 03-14-2022, 09:53 AM

7,982 posts, read 3,516,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
There is always that one celeb you can cheat on your spouse with right?
And honestly I only probably want to kiss him. Yeah I know that’s still cheating. Don’t need a lecture about it.
Not really. It's a thing couples joke about but there's an understanding that it would never really happen.

Old 03-14-2022, 10:32 AM

585 posts, read 497,034 times
Quote:

Tell me how many guys would have banged Pamela Anderson back in her BayWatch days? Millions sure thought about it! Come on, now - whether married or not... And what I mean by that is that they may actually have THOUGHT they would...but who knows if they'd had a chance
Stephen did bang Pamela. They dated in 2005.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology