Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2022, 01:41 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,829,390 times

Advertisements

Yeah, an almost two year old should be speaking in sentences, not just pointing and saying the word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2022, 02:55 PM

7,216 posts, read 4,910,135 times
When my son was around 2 and a half or 3, we were in the grocery store at the deli section waiting to order some sliced ham or whatever. Quite loudly, and more than once, he said “Mommy! Look! That lady has a moustache!” Pointing at her. As, indeed, she did! I was mortified and couldn’t get out of there fast enough.

Old 05-09-2022, 03:03 PM

22,125 posts, read 13,232,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
When my son was around 2 and a half or 3, we were in the grocery store at the deli section waiting to order some sliced ham or whatever. Quite loudly, and more than once, he said “Mommy! Look! That lady has a moustache!” Pointing at her. As, indeed, she did! I was mortified and couldn’t get out of there fast enough.
That's what I was expecting this post to be about, but it isn't.

Old 05-09-2022, 05:32 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,243,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Yeah, an almost two year old should be speaking in sentences, not just pointing and saying the word.
My son didn’t and his speech development was fine, and his daughter is the same. Some people just don’t speak a lot , he still doesn’t, whereas his sister hasn’t stopped

Old 05-09-2022, 08:00 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,321,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Way back in the day, when my son was 2ish, in the 80's, we were at Kmart, and he sees a black lady with dreads. He gets ALL excited, and he points her out to me, saying "Mommy mommy! Look! There's Whoopie Goldberg!" (He was familiar with Whoopie Goldberg because we watched Star Trek the Next Generation.) I glance over, and needless to say, she is not Whoopie Goldberg. He keeps insisting that it is, and he wants us to wheel on over and say hi to her.

After a few minutes of this, we do wheel on over, and I say "Excuse me, my son wanted us to come over and say hello because he thinks you're Whoopie Goldberg."

She smiles so sweet at him and says "No honey, I'm not her."

Another time, we were at the grocery store, waiting in line to be checked out. He's sitting in the cart, so he see's who comes up behind us. I can't, without turning around, but I could tell it was someone very tall, because he actually casted a shadow over us.

My son says "Mommy mommy, look! It's Ozzy Smith! (For anyone who doesn't know, Ozzy Smith was a very popular Cardinals baseball player back in the day.) Ozzy Smith is not a particularly tall person, so without even turning around, I knew it wasn't him. LOL So, I keep telling my son "No honey, it's not Ozzy Smith." I'm trying to keep a low voice, but my toddler keeps insisting that we say something to this guy behind us.

Finally, I turn around, and I look up, and up, and up to this very tall man and say "My son thinks you are Ozzy Smith." Now...most likely, he heard the whole conversation anyway, but he looked down from his lofty height and gets this little smile, and says "No son, I'm not Ozzy Smith."
Your son was adorable. It would have been great if it had been Ozzie though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology