Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2022, 02:18 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,154,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Well, I rather think "Commissioner Gordon" put it best that people get use to someone to solve their problems and get into the habit of calling them all the time.

The one today was a boytoy who dropped me when he said we were incompatable but then saw me on the Net today and asked about how about coming over to please him.....but I guess that's just how boytoys can be jerks.

But, then there was a supervisor for night shift they took away from us who then ran into problem manning it during the pandemic and asked for me and my associate back (t'was over a year ago), as if we were just lying around, not doing anything......when we had be reassigned to other duties on the day shift. They didn't get us but GEEE, I hate being thought of as just an Ablebody.

Then there was the guy who retired who called up to see if I still took afternoons off to teach because he needed a ride.

As far as being on the nightshift, for 25 years, long story short, day people just don't understand what it means, don't understand that us night workers have the need for a good night's sleep, just like them. That when we beg for that time, we are told, "Well, you can always take a nap.".

Now, since I did the nightshift for so long, I am more susceptable to noticing it and remembering it, each time it happens.

I am wondering if inconsideration about another's life is a human tendency or does it apply only to a certain group of people? Is the entire population really that self centered.....or just a group of them?
Uh, Tamara, that is some serious TMI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2022, 03:09 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,019,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
It is rather hilarious that I have to look up that term for its meaning.......for what it means.

As far as that goes, I find that these days men are not looking for epic love fantasies but things more like Juice Newton's "Queen of Hearts". That may be part of the mindset of people in this particular discussion, that for all one side wants of something, the other side sees it as nothing really big to them and hence, doesn't appreciate all that it means to us, all that we want to put into it, all that we have to put into it.

Our world of instant gratification.

As is, I rather see them as Veruca Salts........"don't care how, I want it now!".

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 05-10-2022 at 03:18 PM..

Old 05-10-2022, 04:39 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,470,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wile e. Coyote View Post
i totally get where you are coming from "tamara."

lol.

Old 05-10-2022, 04:58 PM

7,641 posts, read 3,278,075 times
Taken out of context Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by wile e. Coyote View Post
i totally get where you are coming from "tamara."

Old 05-10-2022, 08:36 PM

21,898 posts, read 12,998,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
But at least that answers my question: "Help me" with WHAT?

Old 05-11-2022, 04:43 AM

7,597 posts, read 4,169,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Yeah, sometimes people feel obligated to say yes to helping someone when asked. You're not obligated by a simple request. If you say no OP and they can't take that for an answer that's their malfunction. Just keep saying no while refusing them an explanation.
Yup. If a person says "well, since you aren't doing anything, come help me!" I would think they are very shortsighted and I wouldn't really expect them to suddenly be reasonable with any sort of explanation. But sometimes I do give one.

Old 05-11-2022, 05:01 AM

3,128 posts, read 1,021,374 times
I would respond:

“I’ve been doing absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it would be...so I want to continue doing it.” - inspired by Office Space (the movie).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology