Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2022, 02:12 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,153,259 times

Advertisements

That happened to me recently. I had to take an uber last week and I noticed all sorts of things I don't ever remember being there before. Probably because I have only driven past them before and had to pay attention to the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2022, 04:31 PM

9,459 posts, read 5,221,264 times
Oh, I have a good one!!!
Bought a new car in 2017. Hadn't put the old kayak back on it for a variety of reasons.
Called around getting prices on cross bars. The dealership had a way better price on them than the rack place so I asked them to order me a set and when I came in next (which was this week) they could put them on for me.
When I went out to pull the car into the garage, right there, on top of the car, you guessed it.....there are cross bars!!!! I've been driving this car for 5 years! I had the cross bars put on when I bought the vehicle.
Sigh. I need Prevagen.

Old 06-10-2022, 04:56 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
I woke up today and looked over and there was this old guy lying next to me! Apparently we've been in a relationship for some time. I need Prevagen, too.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Old 06-12-2022, 07:37 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,590,000 times
I think its called "tunnel vision" when you see only a small part of the whole picture.

My friend tells me i have this, sometimes i just see a smaller part of what he sees, when he calls me to it, he says "didn't you see that thing?" and I do not remember seeing it. he cant beleive i didn't see the whole thing, but i dont know, i just did not see it. i just saw a smaller part of the whole picture. guess i only saw what was important to me.

some people make a big deal out of what they can do and make fun of the little bit you see, I'm guessing it was not important to you, or else you would have seen it.

Old 06-17-2022, 04:54 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,153,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I woke up today and looked over and there was this old guy lying next to me! Apparently we've been in a relationship for some time. I need Prevagen, too.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Haha! I didn't realize how much older my ex, who is older, actually looked until he sent me a pic of him after we broke up. I felt kinda bad that the break up did a job on him but everyone is telling me that is what he always looked like.

Old 06-17-2022, 05:08 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
Haha! I didn't realize how much older my ex, who is older, actually looked until he sent me a pic of him after we broke up. I felt kinda bad that the break up did a job on him but everyone is telling me that is what he always looked like.
My ex looked great for years. I started going grey at 24 right after I met him, but he still has barely any at 66.

However, I saw him last month for our daughter's last graduation, and while his hair is still dark blond and he isn't bald, his bad habits have caught up to him. He limps because he had a hip replacement after breaking it in a fall while drunk on Xmas Eve a couple of years ago, and then he needed a quintuple bypass last year, after which he gained a ton of weight. He's diabetic, too. God only knows what his liver looks like.

We've been divorced 20+ years now, and he's my replacement's problem. I really like her, too. We all had a great time celebrating, and I got to go back to my hotel room by myself!

Old 06-17-2022, 08:07 PM

1,892 posts, read 2,533,643 times
Happens all the time. There's only so much the brain can process and if it's not important I doubt I'd notice or remember it. We may also just not look a certain direction or notice certain things. Ex. I could pass by a building all the time but I may not be able to even tell you a reasonable estimate of how tall it is because I never really looked up when walking pass it. Perfectly normal IMO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology