Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2022, 05:04 AM

221 posts, read 136,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
You're hired!

@ marked safe from homophobes
Homophobes? LOL Clearly people are not afraid of another person due to enduring same sex attraction unless they are also a rapist or a child molester.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2022, 05:09 AM

16,102 posts, read 6,446,561 times
https://youtu.be/r2j-djuqUeY

Old 07-15-2022, 05:17 AM

221 posts, read 136,541 times
Quote:
As a Christian, this is certainly not something I would push on anyone. Actively fornicating is sin, same sex attraction is not sin.

Old 07-15-2022, 07:57 AM

16,102 posts, read 6,446,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVerJenny View Post
As a Christian, this is certainly not something I would push on anyone. Actively fornicating is sin, same sex attraction is not sin.
Yeah, that God is the only one true judge screws a lot of us up. Easy to talk, near impossible to walk.

Old 07-15-2022, 07:58 AM

15,164 posts, read 12,328,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
As usual, the OP has become silent after not receiving the response required of us "bigoted and homophobic" peons.

We've been shunned for being … so hateful.

I can't even imagine having a family member like this. LOL.
I eon't know about you, but I didn't miss the OP. If he doesn't likw the responses he got, I figure, ( though he may not), its his problem. Lots of words of wisdom in this thread, I think.

Old 07-15-2022, 08:03 AM

15,164 posts, read 12,328,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVerJenny View Post
IMO what others do in their bedrooms is their business. I just don't care to hear the gory details. And as the prevailing Christian thoughts about G-d being the judge, I believe that too. Judgement is G-d's job, not for us mortal frail human beings.

Old 07-15-2022, 08:06 AM

11,099 posts, read 7,059,903 times
Quote:
Yeah, that God is the only one true judge screws a lot of us up. Easy to talk, near impossible to walk.
When I was in theology school, we watched the 5-6 part documentary about The Gospel of John. It was an amazing presentation, very well done.

After it was all over and the lights went up, I was the first to comment. "So, it's impossible to be a true Christian. Discuss."

Back then, all through history, all the way up to modern life: impossible. All they can do is the best they can. We are not expected to be perfect, but to try.

Anyway, subject for another thread.

Old 07-15-2022, 08:10 AM

11,099 posts, read 7,059,903 times
The OP has:

1. Stated he's uncomfortable with the people his mother "associates" with.

2. Stated that he's concerned he will suffer because of a potential guardian/caretaker's beliefs and therefore any possible bad and/or unfair treatment of him.

That's all that matter in this discussion. The safety and comfort of the OP. It would be terrible if a guardian were chosen who became abusive because of their beliefs. It happens all the time. Elder abuse, Special Needs abuse, etc.

People want to focus on the rights of the mother. Really now?? According to a lot of posters on this thread, the OP's concerns don't matter as much as the mother's wish to associate with people with whom the OP is uncomfortable and concerned about.

Old 07-15-2022, 08:34 AM

9,528 posts, read 11,292,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Why would you want to control your mom.
Because she doesn't have the same belief set as OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I do not understand the younger generation insisting on canceling people, just because they do not agree with them.
So let me get this straight.
Your mom has friends and family who do not approve of homosexuals, and you think she should never speak with them again?
What about if homosexuals will not associate with heterosexuals.
Does that make any sense?

A slightly off topic but serious question for you since you say you are bi.
In today's nutty word, some claim there are not just two genders. However someone who is bi is directly saying they have sex with both men & women.
Ergo, can a person really identify as bi if there are more than two genders?
All good questions, especially for the folks who have those TOLERANCE bumper stickers.

Old 07-15-2022, 09:06 AM

3,263 posts, read 3,804,861 times
Quote:
Yup OP, the people saying you don't have a right to exist are the REAL victims here.
This seems to all the rage in the trans community (and to a much lesser extent LGB) these days. Nobody is saying you don't have a right to exist. (except maybe for pro-choicers who think you could have been aborted if the mom didn't feel like carrying you to term or raising you, but that's a different topic)

Just because someone doesn't want to augment their own reality to live in your own distorted reality does not mean they don't think you should be allowed to exist. Do we tell anorexic people they are fat because that's how they view themselves? Is trying to get them to eat a reasonable amount such they gain weight to a healthy level akin to saying they don't have a right to exist?

Please quote all the responses where people are saying OP doesn't have a right to exist.

I'll wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology