Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2022, 02:10 PM

2,148 posts, read 2,929,743 times

Advertisements

Im a 41 year old Caucasian male with aspergers. For 4 to 5 years I was a member of 2 Facebook aspergers support groups.

A couple of months ago both Facebook aspergers groups blocked me for good.

I would post 5 times per week in both support groups on Facebook.

People on the groups got annoyed with me for no reason.

The stuff I posted about is struggling with employment, relationships and depression.

Many people who were in the aspergers support groups on Facebook didn't seem to he struggling like I was and they didn't understand me at all.

People on the Facebook aspergers page cyberbullied me as well.

Does anyone else have experiences like this??

Many of the people in the Facebook aspergers group appear as if they don't have aspergers because many of them have living wage jobs and are married.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-02-2022 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: Merged 2 threads on same topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2022, 02:24 PM

5,663 posts, read 3,171,906 times
I can believe you got cyber-bullied. It's unfortunately, fairly easy to do, with people who are perceived as different.

But you say you got blocked for no reason. I doubt that's really the case. Especially as you got blocked from 2 different groups. Something got you blocked. If I were going to take a wild guess, you got frustrated, and got verbally abusive with people. Does that sound about right?

Old 11-02-2022, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
I can believe you got cyber-bullied. It's unfortunately, fairly easy to do, with people who are perceived as different.

But you say you got blocked for no reason. I doubt that's really the case. Especially as you got blocked from 2 different groups. Something got you blocked. If I were going to take a wild guess, you got frustrated, and got verbally abusive with people. Does that sound about right?
Both groups had most of the same members and moderators.

I dont get verbally abusive with people.

I got negative and frusterated

Old 11-02-2022, 02:39 PM

29,755 posts, read 34,439,200 times
Honestly, you wouldn't have been kicked out of two separate groups, especially groups that support folks on the autism spectrum, for no reason. If you have trouble with social cues, you may have violated their code of conduct or even offended people. The moderators of the groups should have communicated why you were being blocked.

As to your final point, Asperger's isn't an official diagnosis anymore, it's considered high-functioning autism. High-functioning means that those people can work and be in relationships. It's not up to you to question their diagnoses.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 11-02-2022 at 02:48 PM..

Old 11-02-2022, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Honestly, you wouldn't have been kicked out of two separate groups, especially groups that support folks on the autism spectrum, for no reason. If you have trouble with social cues, you may have violated their code of conduct or even offended people.

As to your final point, Asperger's isn't an official diagnosis anymore, it's considered high-functioning autism. High-functioning means that those people can work and be in relationships. It's not up to you to question their diagnoses.
Many of same people are in both support groups.

Old 11-02-2022, 02:50 PM

6,833 posts, read 11,568,031 times
Were you given a reason why? I’m not asking if you agree with it, but was a reason given?

Old 11-02-2022, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
Were you given a reason why? I’m not asking if you agree with it, but was a reason given?
I wasn't given a reason

Old 11-02-2022, 03:06 PM

29,755 posts, read 34,439,200 times
Do these groups have listed codes of conduct that describe what kinds of posts are bannable offenses?

Old 11-02-2022, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Do these groups have listed codes of conduct that describe what kinds of posts are bannable offenses?
They probably do

Old 11-02-2022, 03:49 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,755,090 times
Can you be bothered to find out what these codes of conduct are before you set out to annoy more people with your negativity and frustration?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology