Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2023, 04:53 AM

4,243 posts, read 3,783,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitori View Post
I told that I like to wear cat ears. They started writing that I need a tail too and sending me pictures of anal plug tails
If I wore cat ears and someone suggested that to me, I personally would just play along. Those conversations can be fun when you are in a chat room and you know you will never see that person in real life. I think the thought is that if you wear cat ears that you are into other stuff as well, but if you dont want to play along, then either tell them its not your thing, change the subject, or just go to another chat room. My question is why did that bother you so much? Are you not a sexual person? Do you not have dirty thoughts from time to time? For me, I have no barriers when it comes to conversation, I will talk about anything and everything with anyone so maybe thats why its easy for me to just go with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2023, 05:55 AM

48,581 posts, read 35,016,111 times
"They see me as saint like AND tell me to buy a butt plug for a tail"..... one of those things does not fit.

(Dirty joke: well both of those things may not fit.... )
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-17-2023, 06:28 AM

200 posts, read 110,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
If I wore cat ears and someone suggested that to me, I personally would just play along. Those conversations can be fun when you are in a chat room and you know you will never see that person in real life. I think the thought is that if you wear cat ears that you are into other stuff as well, but if you dont want to play along, then either tell them its not your thing, change the subject, or just go to another chat room. My question is why did that bother you so much? Are you not a sexual person? Do you not have dirty thoughts from time to time? For me, I have no barriers when it comes to conversation, I will talk about anything and everything with anyone so maybe thats why its easy for me to just go with it.
I didn't know these things existed, so I don't know how to joke about them. I don't know how to joke at all. And I've seen videos on youtube that anyone who can't joke is better not to start doing that. One person sent me direct messages and told me what it is and what others mean when they write what they write to me. And then he said he was embarrassed to write the rest because it was very dirty.

Old 02-17-2023, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
"They see me as saint like AND tell me to buy a butt plug for a tail"..... one of those things does not fit.

(Dirty joke: well both of those things may not fit.... )
Some people find me very pure minded. Some people think I'm blissful because they think I have autism. But I don't have autism. It's hard for me to explain what blissful is because English is not my first language. I think these are the kind of people who don't see reality. They must be people who are not of this world, people in the moon. But some people think I'm just faking it. They can't believe I'm a real person and look for a catch in me.

Old 02-17-2023, 07:06 AM

17,466 posts, read 22,211,561 times
Quote:

I once said that I had a katana. One guy replied that he, too, had a katana between his legs and knew how to handle it. That's no funny.
You do realize that a Katana is also a Japanese high performance motorcyle right?
https://suzukicycles.com/street/2020/katana

He could have been bragging about his motorcyle...........

Old 02-17-2023, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
You do realize that a Katana is also a Japanese high performance motorcyle right?
https://suzukicycles.com/street/2020/katana

He could have been bragging about his motorcyle...........
No, it wasn't a motorcycle.

Old 02-17-2023, 07:34 AM

Quote:
People who see me for the first time are sometimes very surprised at how pure my mind is. I am not a holy or blessed person, as some people immediately start thinking. I'm just not dirty at all. My thinking is too concrete. I don't even always understand when people make jokes.

I mostly talk on the Internet. One day a girl joined a chat. And when everyone started making dirty jokes, she started doing that too. And I saw how much everyone liked her. She didn't blow up like I did. Then I thought, what if these people don't want to offend me in any way, what if they just have this way of talking to everyone, not just me? And that if I was also dirty and vulgar like that girl, I'd probably have a boyfriend.
Ok consider this, you don't have a good sense of humor and combined with talking on the internet/text you miss some of the context in the translation. You are black and white, very simple so I get that but it is your personality vs. other people's humor being wrong or out of line.

Me: I love comedy but rarely find a woman comic funny. I like Sarah Silverman's wit and humor a lot but find Amy Schumer/Nikki Glaser types as crude and not really funny......like female versions of Andrew Dice Clay. That guy is really just an insult comic with a bully type personality......again not funny to me. Clever jokes are the best.

I have always been funny and sure I have insulted people along the way. In high school (Catholic) we had a gay priest that was on the staff. He threw me out of class for mocking him (which he should have as the teacher). I laughed about it, basically said dude you're gay, you aren't fooling anyone and you will be happier not trying to fake it anymore. Insubordination, banned from his classroom and guess what, 2 years after graduation the guy left the priesthood and moved in with his boyfriend and years later married the guy. Being gay is fine, trying to not act gay so you could be a priest is ridiculous and funny. You might fool your elderly parents that you wanted to be a priest so you couldn't have a girlfriend but if a 16 yr old kid recognizes that you are gay then own it, you aren't fooling anyone.

Irony was the staff knew it, couldn't say a word but agreed with me hence the punishment wasn't severe.

Fast forward: 25th class reunion, we were playing golf during the day, party that night. Guy organizing it calls me and said we got a problem, he said 6-8 guys have requested to play with you. I knew them but they weren't best friends or anything. He replied: They know you are going to be hilarious and they want to be in your group. Keep in mind they hadn't seen me in 15+ years. So I start telling jokes, I see most of the football players are fat bald guys and the cheerleaders look like linebackers.......hahaha. Having a great day, until that night. One of the guys in the group married a varsity cheerleader, she was cute 25 years ago, she is clearly a linebacker at this point in life. That joke was "cringe worthy" as we were chatting in a group of 6-8 couples. But in all fairness I didn't see her before telling the joke, had no idea she had gotten so big.

I've always told people, I'm an equal opportunity offender.............my jokes will eventually offend everyone in the room!

Rodney Dangerfield- self deprecating humor
George Carlin - observational humor
Don Rickles - insult comic

3 funny guys, 3 different angles. But comedy is changing, as you get more famous you become less edgy. Eddie Murphy would be ostracized for doing his 80's comedy today. Even Bill Burr is toning it down (he is getting older, married/2 kids) but as the movie roles pour in he is leveling out his act (to offend less people).

Bill Burr, Daniel Tosh and Mark Normand are three funny guys. Mark is probably the most clever of the 3 right now. I have laughed so hard at some of their jokes that if you walked in the room you would think I'm having a major medical issue!

Old 02-17-2023, 07:34 AM

29,775 posts, read 34,503,257 times
Quote:
English is not my first language. I think these are the kind of people who don't see reality. They must be people who are not of this world, people in the moon. But some people think I'm just faking it. They can't believe I'm a real person and look for a catch in me.
If you're communicating in English with native English speakers, often, even if you're fluent, humor doesn't translate well. So there might be slang, or plays on words, that you're taking literally when it's not meant literally.

Old 02-17-2023, 07:36 AM

Quote:
No, it wasn't a motorcycle.
But do you atleast consider that it could be a double entendre?

To me that could be a clever play on words.

Old 02-17-2023, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
If you're communicating in English with native English speakers, often, even if you're fluent, humor doesn't translate well. So there might be slang, or plays on words, that you're taking literally when it's not meant literally.
I chat only in my native language. In English I can't say a lot of things the way I want to say them. And secondly, I don't feel it. Not only English, the other languages I learned, too. If I get told "my darling", I won't feel anything. But if "my darling" will be in my language, I will immediately feel pleasant and want to smile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology