Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2023, 12:39 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,117,453 times

Advertisements

Curiosity killed the cat and satisfaction brought it back. It seems you're bound and determined you won't report them to the police (or Amazon) and you want the contents of the abandoned packages for yourself. At least you're being honest about that. So I think if they're still there and unopened by tomorrow evening then you should satisfy your curiosity and open them.

If you're still alive and kicking afterwards and haven't been arrested for interfering with somebody else's sting operation be sure to post back here to let the rest of us all know what was in the packages so you can satisfy everyone else's curiosity. If we don't ever hear back from you again at least we'll all know that the mysterious circumstances lowered the !!! BOOM !!! on you.

Old 01-29-2023, 02:18 PM

6,482 posts, read 4,018,472 times
If you're that worried about someone taking them, you could always call the carrier and tell them the packages were left at a vacant building.

Old 01-29-2023, 03:43 PM

23,434 posts, read 19,057,110 times
Amazing the lengths some people will go to justify what they've already decided to do before submitting a post to C-D. Gotta wonder why they bothered, unless they're a troll who likes creating drama. Sorry, OP. If you take possession of property paid for, shipped to, and intended for someone other than yourself, you're a thief! How much the property happens to be worth isn't the point. Don't obfuscate and deflect with a rant that some unethical cop would do the same. Two wrongs don't make a right. Morality can be a slippery slope. You just showed yourself to be losing that particular struggle. Now I know not to trust you with anything.

Last edited by Parnassia; 01-29-2023 at 04:03 PM..

Old 01-29-2023, 03:54 PM

3,933 posts, read 2,218,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit12 View Post
I'll give it a couple more days.

If a cop gets to them, they'll get opened and if there's anything valuable, the cop will get it.
Why not call Amazon customer service? They most likely may give you permission to take the boxes?
So you satisfy your curiosity and feel good about being a decent person?

Now I am curious - one way or the other - please post what you find in there.
Could they be just empty boxes or some junk from the office that fell/wasn’t loaded on the truck?

Are there any addresses, names on the box? start from there.. if there are names and addresses - definitely call Amazon.
They still may let you keep it

Last edited by L00k4ward; 01-29-2023 at 04:22 PM..

Old 01-29-2023, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
Why not call Amazon customer service? They most likely may give you permission to take the boxes?
So you satisfy your curiosity and feel good about being a decent person?

Now I am curious - one way or the other - please post what you find in there.
Could they be just empty boxes or some junk from the office that fell/wasn’t loaded on the truck?

Are there any addresses, names on the box - start from there
This is what I'd do.

A misdirected order creates consequences you're choosing to ignore OP. Ever widening ripples in a pond. A customer inconvenienced. A vendor unfairly badmouthed because an order didn't arrive. They have to replace the order so there's a financial hit from that. Not to mention all the energy, fossil fuels, carbon credits wasted producing, processing, packing and shipping the order to nowhere. That all has to be re-created. The vendor could lose standing with a portal they depend on to keep their business afloat. All because you choose to live in a world with a population of one. Yourself. Everyone else can go to blazes as long as you end up standing on the top of some heap you created. Whether you're standing on top of it or not, a heap of manure still stinks.

Last edited by Parnassia; 01-29-2023 at 05:33 PM..

Old 01-29-2023, 04:47 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,405,284 times
Take note of the sender, shipping details and description. Notify Amazon. It's theirs.

Old 01-29-2023, 05:53 PM

Always love people who whine about how many bad people there are in the world, but they turn around and behave just as badly. You reap what you sew. Do you hope things will change for the better or not?

Old 01-30-2023, 04:34 AM

2,045 posts, read 795,209 times
My 84 year old dad and retired fireman cousin were parked over there last night, so I showed them the boxes ... they dug right in, using their knives. lol

In one box were Frito-Lay snacks and some colored plastic sheets. The other box was just the same plastic sheets. No treasure.

I've been keeping the property clean, so that was my 'reward.'

Old 01-30-2023, 06:10 AM

9,500 posts, read 5,288,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I'd call the cops and report 2 suspicious packages left at the side of an empty warehouse that has been empty for months. Then the police can decide for themselves whether or not they want to do anything about it.

^^this is what I'd do.

It could be a glitter bomb trick, remember those?

oh, never mind. I see the OP already went and opened the boxes. jeez. I guess that's how they roll in Philly.

Old 01-30-2023, 06:12 AM

3,933 posts, read 2,218,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit12 View Post
My 84 year old dad and retired fireman cousin were parked over there last night, so I showed them the boxes ... they dug right in, using their knives. lol

In one box were Frito-Lay snacks and some colored plastic sheets. The other box was just the same plastic sheets. No treasure.

I've been keeping the property clean, so that was my 'reward.'
Thank you for posting the update.

It was probably some office “leftovers” - glad you are watching over the property - check the locks next time you are there - you don’t want some squatters and meth lab in your neighborhood.

Wonder who owns the land…and that ugly building - they are building more of them all over PA, VA and W.Va - saw while traveling - destroying the beautiful agricultural land and the landscape.. very sad - wish we all went on strike and stop buying..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.