Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2023, 07:36 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,498,749 times

Advertisements

Who do you think is the most evil serial killer and why?
Dahmer, Bundy, Gacy or someone else? They are all psychopaths, right? But are they all equally evil?

Last edited by glass_of_merlot; 02-23-2023 at 07:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2023, 07:44 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,104,566 times
Leonard Lake and Charles Ng.

I'm pretty convinced that the reason no movie has been made about their crimes is that their motives were just too purely sadistic, without a shred of humanity or enough eccentric insanity to make it cinematic.

Unlike Bundy, Gacy, and Dahmer. But of those three, I'd list them in order of most evil ... 1) Bundy, 2) Gacy, 3) Dahmer.

Old 02-23-2023, 07:58 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,498,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post

I'm pretty convinced that the reason no movie has been made about their crimes is that their motives were just too purely sadistic, without a shred of humanity or enough eccentric insanity to make it cinematic.

Unlike Bundy, Gacy, and Dahmer. But of those three, I'd list them in order of most evil ... 1) Bundy, 2) Gacy, 3) Dahmer.
I never heard of those you mentioned.

just looked it up. Gross. Couldn't even finish reading it.

Last edited by glass_of_merlot; 02-23-2023 at 08:14 PM..

Old 02-24-2023, 08:11 AM

12,047 posts, read 8,436,379 times
Those two seem so cold and depersonalized to me that it is easy to think of them as not human.

To me as long as I can see human traits, wants, emotions it is difficult for me to think of them as evil. I think of them more as broken, some, irreparably. Unable to function in a constructive way. Angry, frustrated, scheming, hurt.

To me pure evil is something else. Something inhuman. The essence and nature of the being. It isn't as though there is any will to be evil, it's more like there is the absence of desire to do anything else.

Old 02-24-2023, 08:21 AM

25,584 posts, read 17,310,316 times
H. H. Holmes. He was a serial killer of young women in Chicago during the World's Fair of 1893. He confessed to 27, but there may have been many more, since many women just disappeared into the chaos that was Chicago during that period.

Eric Larson tells the story best - Larson always does tell a good yarn.
The Devil in The White City

Old 02-24-2023, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
Those two seem so cold and depersonalized to me that it is easy to think of them as not human. .
They killed infants, they killed relatives and friends, they built rooms in which to torture women and taped it.

They took out and responded to classified ads for random people and families and killed those people.

It was amazing what you could get away with back then. They acted in tandem which is even scarier as you would think at some point, one person would think they were crossing the line.

Old 02-24-2023, 08:49 AM

Dahmer could be considered an extreme eccentric obsessed with sexuality and cannibalism. So, that makes it less evil.

Gacy was far worse, but also killed only men.

Bundy was the ultimate misogynist, which though evil, maybe not as purely evil as somebody who kills indiscriminately.

Gacy and Bundy were also able to have successful careers which is sort of scary ... but also in line with my experiences of the corporate workplace, lol.

I think especially back then, if you were a white male with education, it was very easy to make money.

Old 02-24-2023, 12:58 PM

13,774 posts, read 8,019,999 times
'America's Most Sadistic Serial Killer' Relives Crimes In New Documentary
https://www.ladbible.com/entertainme...ument-20211008

Old 02-24-2023, 01:55 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,052,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post

The horror movie "House on the Hill" was based on them.

Old 02-24-2023, 06:21 PM

3,105 posts, read 2,009,900 times
All of them are wretched... the ones killing children the worst, imo. And, if you knew someone who was killed, I suppose that person is the worst because it's so personal.

In the UK, Fred & Rose West are deemed the worst in history. Their story is sickening.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/04/europ...ntl/index.html

Equally awful are Brady & Hindley, "The Moors Murderers", a bf/gf killer duo of children in the 60s, aged 10-17. It's a shame they were left to live out their wretched lives in prison. Some relatives are still searching for the bodies of their murdered children.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/17/w...y-victims.html

In the US, BTK is at the top of my list due to his penchant for liking torture & also killing some children. His daughter is making the rounds speaking about her new book about him. Her sick father is still trying to manipulate her from prison... that monster can't control himself. She's a very thoughtful woman with a family of her own... with the misfortune of looking like her dad... she said her face haunts her cuz she sees her dad.

Here's a snippet of one of her recent appearances with 4 criminal profilers. Her interviews are very well done as she's an interesting speaker & is helping profilers with info to possibly help them in their research.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf6n2LwbSxs

Two of the worst foreign cases are the Russian, Andrei Chikatelo, who killed 100 children & Gilles de Rais, Joan of Arc's Army buddy who killed 100 children, as well.

https://www.grunge.com/337202/the-su...rei-chikatilo/

https://allthatsinteresting.com/gilles-de-rais

And, then there's this gent... another Russian, former cop who killed, they think 200 women. He just volunteered to fight on the front lines for Russia, if Putin grants him a pardon.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46505746

The world is filled with nuts. Fortunately, the good far outweigh them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology