Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2023, 10:00 AM

1,230 posts, read 988,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxrivers View Post
If you're saying you can't think of ANY words to associate with dog, I find that a problem.
Bad memory recall problem? It concerning I have that problem now. But I only seem to have problem playing those games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2023, 03:53 PM

350 posts, read 195,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble99 View Post
Bad memory recall problem? It concerning I have that problem now. But I only seem to have problem playing those games.
Well as a dog walker (haha) I have to think myself ....so maybe you just don't know about dogs?

options:

dog - walk
dog - toy
dog- bed (not dog specific!)
dog -leash
dog- collar
dog- fleas !
dog - food

Or maybe is just test taking anxiety!

For your own peace of mind get evaluated. It may cost you cash instead of insurance if you don't get a diagnosis.

Old 09-03-2023, 04:30 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
What about just not playing those games? Not everyone is good at everything, and games are critical. If you aren't having any other problems with communicating or have times when you are confused, then there could be a problem.

So, I am guessing that you have not had any other issues ever, except when playing this kind of game. I guess I am not getting it. Were you in special classes when you attended school? Do you have problems at your job?

I can't play a lot of games due to the nature of the game, but I have a baseline in that I never could, and frankly, since they were games, it just didn't matter to me.

Old 09-04-2023, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
What about just not playing those games? Not everyone is good at everything, and games are critical. If you aren't having any other problems with communicating or have times when you are confused, then there could be a problem.

So, I am guessing that you have not had any other issues ever, except when playing this kind of game. I guess I am not getting it. Were you in special classes when you attended school? Do you have problems at your job?

I can't play a lot of games due to the nature of the game, but I have a baseline in that I never could, and frankly, since they were games, it just didn't matter to me.
Well I was also wondering if it is normal when playing those games for first time to be really slow and struggle. If it not normal I just have weak memory recall.

May be want jaxrivers is doing is closing their eyes and visualize walking in their dogs room and seeing the dog toys, bed, leash, collar, food so on. Than some game what is associated with the dog and brain just remember oh yea dog toys, bed, leash, collar, food so on.

Old 09-04-2023, 08:26 AM

22,566 posts, read 47,614,734 times
What specific games are you talking about?
Tough to give advice when we don't know what you are doing!

Old 09-04-2023, 08:38 AM

45,333 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
If some one said dog I should easy be able say leash or if some said sun I should have no problem thinking of sunglasses. And if some said car I should easy think of key so on.

And opposite words like fast, slow, hot, cold, light, dark, big , small, like, dislike, skilled, non skilled so on. My brain should not shut down and have problems thinking or take long time to think.
Dog-cat
Sun-Moon
Car-truck

Old 09-10-2023, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
What specific games are you talking about?
Tough to give advice when we don't know what you are doing!
Well I also struggle with first letter word game.

I also struggle with first letter word game starting with letter like D as example.

example if some one ask me to give them example of list words starting with letter D as example.

As example dog, dice, dream, dinosaurs, disk, deer, diamond, desert so on.

Or word games example what words start with the letter L.

As example words like say letter, library, lunchbox, laptop, laundry, liquid, lunch, list, lobster, lock so on.

Old 09-10-2023, 10:29 AM

88,514 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Well I also struggle with first letter word game.

I also struggle with first letter word game starting with letter like D as example.

example if some one ask me to give them example of list words starting with letter D as example.

As example dog, dice, dream, dinosaurs, disk, deer, diamond, desert so on.

Or word games example what words start with the letter L.

As example words like say letter, library, lunchbox, laptop, laundry, liquid, lunch, list, lobster, lock so on.
But you just demonstrated that you know how to do it, so what is the problem?

Old 09-10-2023, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
But you just demonstrated that you know how to do it, so what is the problem?
I look up examples on the internet.

It seem my memory recall is slow for some reason when playing those games but may be it is normal to be slow when first playing those games and over time you get better and faster.

Old 09-10-2023, 01:02 PM

88,514 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
I look up examples on the internet.

It seem my memory recall is slow for some reason when playing those games but may be it is normal to be slow when first playing those games and over time you get better and faster.
That could be. Practice does make us do things better and faster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology