Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:43 PM

28,928 posts, read 30,291,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Wile E. Coyote Right. If you are moving or renovating it is one of the most stressful days of your entire life. So, right off the bat you know they are more than a little too self involved.

I have no friends that ask me about money. That's not really a friend subject. A friend subject is what's for dinner?
Correct on both responses....

Old Yesterday, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie104 View Post
OP, I agree that your decorative ideas have value; you took the time to find and decide what would look good inside and outside your home and a stranger just wants to copy them and get the compliments. Interior designers charge a fee even though they just purchase items for placement in a home. So rather than hire an interior designer, she wants to see your home, find out where you purchased items and copy your ideas at no cost or effort.

I understand your annoyance but there isn't anything you can do. I worked with a professional landscaper for many hours in learning about trees, bushes, flowers, mulch beds, placement, etc. not to mention paid a significant sum for his ideas and labor in beautifully landscaping our front lawn. My neighbor simply copied all the ideas for free. No, I don't consider it a compliment that he copied my landscaping.
thank you for understanding...yanno, even if one doesn't agree with me I get it....but kindness goes a long way....

I've read up on the internet about this, and I'm not the only one it bothers....there are alot of people who are offended by the copy cats....

You spend time trying to think up something different, and someone goes and steals those ideas....
I mean after she first moved in, she saw me using the leaf blower, and said, "now that's a great idea", and she goes out and buys one, I mean, it's everything I have, it seems she has to have it, like, if you have it, I want it....lol, it's crazy....when I first got the bird cage, and fixed it up, she came right over and looked at it...and two days later, Yup, she had a bird cage on her porch....she even bought the same side tables....

I put two Christmas trees out, she puts a Christmas tree out...after I did so...it's not just coincidence....I remember her yelling across the road saying, boy your lights are beautiful...and boom, she does the exact same thing....with lights on her railing, and goes out and buys flaming lanterns just like mine? I mean, seriously?????

Old Yesterday, 06:56 PM

2,057 posts, read 1,000,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post

You spend time trying to think up something different, and someone goes and steals those ideas....
I mean after she first moved in, she saw me using the leaf blower, and said, "now that's a great idea", and she goes out and buys one
I put two Christmas trees out, she puts a Christmas tree out...after I did so...it's not just coincidence....I remember her yelling across the road saying, boy your lights are beautiful...and boom, she does the exact same thing....with lights on her railing, and goes out and buys flaming lanterns just like mine? I mean, seriously?????
You grossly underestimate how common things are like leaf blowers and putting out christmas trees christmas lights on railings. You didn't invent them, sheesh. Do you really think what you decorate with is so unique?

Old Today, 08:11 AM

I don't believe my decorations are unique, and there are times when coping another can be a good thing...but there are also times when it can be disruptive and uncomfortable....anyone of you have a right to your individuality....stand up for yourself and that special part of who you are....each of you, are special in your own unique way and were blessed with creative gifts.

There are countless threads on the internet, made by people who have been cheated out of their decorating ideas, even some of you came into this thread...there is nothing that can be done if the person is copying your outside landscaping and decor, but what you can do is ignore it, and move on...what you can do, is ignore the person, and not allow them to live rent free in your mind, and not invite them into your friendship circle. You can control if they are stealing your inside decorating ideas....

I have always enjoyed decorating, inside and out...and coming up with different ideas, b/c I don't want what everyone else has. Never have been a trendy person....so, in the end, I want to thank those of you who have allowed me to vent and joined in this thread in a kind and genuine manner....thanks for the shoulder.

Old Today, 08:59 AM

44,371 posts, read 20,076,303 times
This thread has gone on long enough. OP, it's time to turn a blind eye to your neighbor and her property. Find some more positive ways to spend your time.

Thread closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology