Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2024, 05:14 AM

7,001 posts, read 6,926,318 times

Advertisements

I have a pet hate. Guess what it is?

Coat hangers

Because, whenever there are a few of them together, they always seem to get tangled up.

Do you have any? (Pet hates, not coat hangers)
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2024, 06:57 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,221,890 times
Hair ties/wraps, pony tail holders...whatever you want to call them.

My hair is long and from Time to time I need a ponytail holder. More often than not they get tangled in my hair and at times I get so frustrated with them I want to cut l my hair off. Right then. With whatever is available. A kitchen knife would do.

Old 05-15-2024, 09:34 AM

23,646 posts, read 70,643,418 times
The more common term is "pet peeve." It stops Fluffy from being castigated as well as that other thing that begins with "c".

I guess mine would be stuff falling on the floor while I'm in the middle of doing something. Some days I think I do more forward bends than Richard Simmons. I have one phone that enters "no disturb" mode when upside down, but when I first set it down by the bed it likes to vibrate off the table into the wastebasket.

I long ago gave up making plastic model kits of ships and airplanes - inevitably, when cutting parts off the sprues, some would yell in a tiny voice "Free at last! Free at last!" and leap to the other side of the room behind a couch.

My house is now in a new physics zone, where the three second rule has been extended to thirty seconds.

Old 05-15-2024, 09:09 PM

33,003 posts, read 36,546,957 times
Certain types of safety packaging. Some of them are very difficult to open. I shouldn't have to use a utility knife to access an allergy medication.

Old 05-16-2024, 02:21 PM

2,026 posts, read 1,022,239 times
I hate it when restaurants leave shrimp tails on when the dish is meant to be eaten with a fork. I don't want to be out in nice clothes using my fingers to pull the tails off when they've been submerged in hot soup or on top of a sauce or covered in butter.

Old 05-16-2024, 03:38 PM

11,109 posts, read 6,707,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
I hate it when restaurants leave shrimp tails on when the dish is meant to be eaten with a fork. I don't want to be out in nice clothes using my fingers to pull the tails off when they've been submerged in hot soup or on top of a sauce or covered in butter.
Man, us too! That's why we could not get with paella in Spain. And how do you cut them when they are swimming in hot liquid?

Re food pet peeves: Sandwiches and burgers that are so tall they can't possibly fit in one's mouth. What is the point? I'd rather have a panini that I can actually take a bite out of.

Old 05-16-2024, 03:40 PM

11,109 posts, read 6,707,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Certain types of safety packaging. Some of them are very difficult to open. I shouldn't have to use a utility knife to access an allergy medication.
"Safety packaging" LOL. There are statistics that show ER visits for knife cuts greatly increased after all that became common. Trying to get into those damn packages! It's crazy.

Old 05-16-2024, 04:33 PM

10,031 posts, read 8,699,663 times
Treated like a crook in stores.

Cashier has to hold up my bills to the light and then start coloring on them with a marker. One time I asked her if the bill looked ok and she said yes. I told her " I guess I did a good job with that one." She looked confused but the guy behind me chuckled.

One reason I don't go to Walmart anymore is instead of having a cashier, they have someone posted at the door basically asking if you stole something. Just because my laundry detergent wasn't in a bag she thought I didn't add that up on the self check-out. Those jugs can barely fit in those cheap little plastic bags they have, anyway those jugs have a handle so it's easier just to carry them the way they are.

Cameras, cameras, everywhere. The first time I saw one of those robots that creep around each aisle I thought it was spying on me with a camera.

Old 05-16-2024, 05:30 PM

7,048 posts, read 4,937,208 times
I hate when I want one pill out of a bottle, two will shake out but if I want two, one or three will shake out. Every time.

Old 05-16-2024, 05:37 PM

2,204 posts, read 1,107,234 times
I have a few petty "curses" in life.

Zippers. I'd guess at least half of the zippers in my possession malfunction unexpectedly, always and forever. Sucks when it's on a knee-high boot and you're out and about with no way to fix it.

Cords/string/straps on bags. Tangled messes, knots, no matter how neatly I roll them up for storage. Extension cords are the worst. Bags or purses with straps usually get snagged on something when I reach for them, or snagged on a door handle or hook while walking past, far more than 50/50 odds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology