Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 08:51 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,653,873 times

Advertisements

Im only 17, but I was bullied for almost all of my grade school years from 1st to 7th grade. I never understood why. I was shy, but I was a nice kid who got good grades and would've befriended anyone. Most of my friends back then got picked on too. I didn't get bullied in 8th or 9th grade. Unfortunatly I've become so paranoid of people I don't really have very many friends and I dropped out of high school after 9th grade. Im going to be taking my GED test pretty soon, I hope I pass so I can get my life back on the right track. Im still very angry at the way I was treated, but I don't hate the people who did it to me. I was never physically bullied, but I took alot of verbal abuse. Im hoping that when I get into a college that the people will be mature and not act the same way they did in school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 09:15 PM

513 posts, read 1,581,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Im only 17, but I was bullied for almost all of my grade school years from 1st to 7th grade. I never understood why. I was shy, but I was a nice kid who got good grades and would've befriended anyone. Most of my friends back then got picked on too. I didn't get bullied in 8th or 9th grade. Unfortunatly I've become so paranoid of people I don't really have very many friends and I dropped out of high school after 9th grade. Im going to be taking my GED test pretty soon, I hope I pass so I can get my life back on the right track. Im still very angry at the way I was treated, but I don't hate the people who did it to me. I was never physically bullied, but I took alot of verbal abuse. Im hoping that when I get into a college that the people will be mature and not act the same way they did in school.
nice(soft) guys finish the last. In life, in romance, in career and in everything, it's been like this for as long as human exist. It'll be like this for as long as we still exist. We're products of survive the fittest. Being nice(soft) is against the law of natural evolution. Do not delude yourself into believing somehow the other will discover and value "your innate niceness". True, mature people don't pick on each other for no reason. They probably will be friendly to you in your daily interaction, but once your interests collide with theirs, you're gonna be eaten alive. Learn to grow the gut and will to fight for yourself and understand the intricacies of how to fight for yourself, otherwise, you'll live a miserable life.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:08 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,823,601 times
8th grade. One morning before school, 3 other kids jumped me and gave me a red belly that hurt for a week. The next morning I walked into class last in line...and whacked the biggest of the bunch right in the ear with a whiffle bat as he sat at his desk. From behind. He never saw it coming. I hit a homerun that morning upside his head. I got sent to the principles office for an hour...but they never messed with me again.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:09 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,248,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
8th grade. One morning before school, 3 other kids jumped me and gave me a red belly that hurt for a week. The next morning I walked into class last in line...and whacked the biggest of the bunch right in the ear with a whiffle bat as he sat at his desk. From behind. He never saw it coming. I hit a homerun that morning upside his head. I got sent to the principles office for an hour...but they never messed with me again.
You should have gone for a Grand Slam and taken out the other kids too Just kidding...good story!

Old 04-03-2009, 10:11 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,653,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatfastnoodle View Post
nice(soft) guys finish the last. In life, in romance, in career and in everything, it's been like this for as long as human exist. It'll be like this for as long as we still exist. We're products of survive the fittest. Being nice(soft) is against the law of natural evolution. Do not delude yourself into believing somehow the other will discover and value "your innate niceness". True, mature people don't pick on each other for no reason. They probably will be friendly to you in your daily interaction, but once your interests collide with theirs, you're gonna be eaten alive. Learn to grow the gut and will to fight for yourself and understand the intricacies of how to fight for yourself, otherwise, you'll live a miserable life.
Im not scared of the bully people anymore if someone says something mean to me I'll cuss them out. I've never gotten into any fist fights yet, but if someone ever does start a fight with me Im going to fight back. Im not mean to anybody, but I don't try and be nice with people like I was when I was a little kid unless its females because obviously since Im a teen Im into women and I want to treat them right. That being siad I have never really been in a relationship with any females either, so that always makes me feel bad too.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:10 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Lol, I hadn't really thought about the bullying stuff from school for a long time. I had my share of it I guess. Put up with it for quite a spell because I didn't like to fight and just wanted to be left alone. Ignoring the problem made it worse. and I remember very well the day I got fed up and cut er' loose. No more problems after that. I taught my son not to let it go at all. One time of getting shoved around is one to many. Bullys deserve no less than the best whuppin' one can muster up. They disgust me and should be treated like the varmints they are.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:43 AM

670 posts, read 2,114,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, we had a boob-grabbing stage in about 5th or 6th grade perhaps. Nowadays it will qualify for sexual harassment...
Actually, it would be chargeable as a misdemeanor sexual battery.

Old 04-05-2009, 09:48 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,493,384 times
Yes, I was bullied in school and the neighborhood, it was pretty much one in the same.

My chief tormenter was from the neighborhood. She used to say some pretty awful things to me, punch me.

What made this bully worse was the fact that her mother bullied MY mother when they were in school, so it was a 2nd generation thing. My mother used to tell me that someday, the bully and I would be friends just like she and the bully mother were. It used to really bother me that my mother was friendly with the mother of my tormenter, and would never speak up for me at all.

I did manage to stop the physical violence when I slammed my hand in my locker. (She used to enjoy reaching in and throwing my books out of my locker onto the floor. If I went to pick them up, she'd either kick the books around with her friends, and/or hit me over the head when I bent to retrieve them.) I must admit that while I was scared that I was going to get in trouble for doing this. (I didn't.) But she also never laid a hand on my after that, although the verbal comments continued.

No, I never became friends with her. I would never dream of going to lunch with her, or have any contact with her whatsoever. Thankfully she moved to another part of the country so avoiding her is pretty easy.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:40 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
From this thread it would seem it's mostly girls who are bullied, lol...and mostly girls who bully. What about more stories from the fellas, eh? Actually bullying for them can sometimes be worse because it's largely psychological - although it can get physical too of course.

Anyway, I don't think I was truly bullied...Maybe a bit, actually, but those incidents were few and far between. Needless to say I don't think I have any mental scars from them.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:59 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,394,981 times
Yes, some of the girls are downright cruel in the way they savagely bully other girls, though I would tend to agree that with guys who have issues with other guys, absent a physical difference, it's much more psychological and can become deep-seated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology