Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 04:50 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Im only 17, but I was bullied for almost all of my grade school years from 1st to 7th grade. I never understood why. I was shy, but I was a nice kid who got good grades and would've befriended anyone. Most of my friends back then got picked on too. I didn't get bullied in 8th or 9th grade. Unfortunatly I've become so paranoid of people I don't really have very many friends and I dropped out of high school after 9th grade. Im going to be taking my GED test pretty soon, I hope I pass so I can get my life back on the right track. Im still very angry at the way I was treated, but I don't hate the people who did it to me. I was never physically bullied, but I took alot of verbal abuse. Im hoping that when I get into a college that the people will be mature and not act the same way they did in school.

Awww....I hate to hear this story! Actually, I don`t like to hear about any of them, but this one saddened my heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 04:57 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,335,218 times
I was bullied in school a lot. My mom used to say she'd pack lunch not for me but for the bully. But revenge is mine the Cat said. In a few years I outgrew and outweighted my bullies and I delivered them a message: Thou Shalt Not 'F' Aroundth With The Cat Anymore.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:49 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,683,123 times
Default yeah

in the 8th grade. went to private school for the 9th grade, when i came back to public school for 10th grade my tormentor had totally changed for the better. in my 20's i had encountered the tormentor a few times and he was very cordial each time. like a totally different person

Old 04-06-2009, 11:00 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,061,351 times
I was bullied in 8th grade. It was horrible. I was chubby in that in between stage of puberty. The called me Wilbur the pig. Anyhow, we moved and I went to a different high school. I went back to the area that I went to 8th grade in. I bumped into some of the ppl that made fun of me. They looked at me weighing 115 and 5'4" and said oh my gosh, you look wonderful! Guess what they looked like? They were the overweight, sloppy looking ones.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:15 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,683,123 times
Default my tormentor

provoked me so i had enough and k nocked his books out of his hands. he did nothing. then he and some kids showed up when my folks were out ringing the doorbell multiple times and throwing stuff at the house. then all of a sudden that was the end. bullying lasted from the fall of 75 to the summer of 76. his dad passed when he was 8. i think that may have had something to do with his acting out stuff

Old 04-06-2009, 11:31 AM

1,914 posts, read 7,148,973 times
Yes, I was bullied in elementary. I was called a "wetb@c*", "illegal sp#c", and other terrible names. The funny thing is this was coming from other Hispanic students
It lasted until I was in the 6th grade. 7th grade was great! I was filling out nicely and had lots of friends.

The girls who wanted to beat me up in 5th grade are all fat, nobody's now

Old 04-06-2009, 11:37 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
I wasn't physically bullied much, although two girls I thought were my friends pushed me off my bike onto some rocks when I was in 2nd grade. They told me they wanted to show me something, and I followed them to the rock pile. I don't know why they did that, but looking back, they were very messed up little girls.

I changed schools in third grade and clashed with a girl for the next four years. I don't know why we hated one another, but we did. She was rich and popular. I was not. She formed the "Anti-Julia Club," and she and the other girls would laugh and tell me they were having a meeting. Her birthday parties were always lavish affairs (from what I'd hear), and I was literally the only person in class not invited.

I was skinnyin grade school, with a nose too big for my skinny face, and ears that stuck out "like two doors on a taxicab," as my grandpa would say (all the very tall people in my family get those ears), so I got called Dumbo a lot. I went by Julie at the time, so I was Droolie and Foolie and Stoolie and Ghoulie. Ugh ... in third grade, I liked a boy who had the nicest freckles, and he found out. He was the one who started calling me Dumbo.

Being a kid sucked. People who say it's the happiest time of your life are full of it.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:40 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
I was bullied, mostly in junior high type stuff and some early highschool. I was pretty nerdy and raised strict christian, very reserved so I didn't get out too much. In highschool I got into wrestling and filled out a bit and that stuff stopped after I gave one bully a good beat-down.

I grew up in a small town and my particular graduating class was populated by some really awful individuals. My sister got bullied too...her class had an awful clique of girls in it. Today she is gorgeous, great family (except her butt head brother lol) and career. She still bears some animosity towards some of those girls.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:30 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,664,460 times
wow people here were really bullied.

im suprised. but it makes sense.

in another thread about personality types, i was really suprised by how many people were introverts.

it seems the internet and these forums are full of intorverted/bullied folk.

interesting, since i wasnt bullied and i am quite the extrovert.
very eye opening.
thanks all.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:33 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
The bullies grow up to be arrogant and narcissistic adults with little or no conscience. You can't change people, they just group together where they will be protected by the team, the group or some organization or some image of perfection and goodness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology