Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2009, 04:18 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
I like a certain age range of children, as far as being round them goes. 5-10, give or take a few years. Like another poster said, old enough for basic interaction, not old enough to be obnoxious.
Ha-ha, I also have an age range - I love babies up to about a year old; before the "no, no" and "gimme, gimme" start. They're really lil' angels! However, a year is a very short time in comparison to another at least 17....

Old 11-01-2009, 05:22 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Raena: Oh, I can put up with kids, if I have to. As long as I know either they or I am going somewhere else at the end of the day.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:44 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,842,323 times
i know this thread is a little old, just had to add my 2 cent

children are truly precious, so how someone could not LIKE them is beyond me. not wanting to be a parent i can understand, but having something against kids? no. i mean, as if adults are always so great

and instead of having a problem with kids who are misbehaving, how about disliking the bad parents who let their child scream and carry on in restaurants or run around tearing up the grocery store? because the reality of the situation is that kids don't really know what they're doing, so you can't fault them for that

and are people seriously comparing not liking kids to not liking animals??

now, teenagers are somewhat of a different story

Old 03-18-2010, 07:13 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,244,003 times
I have noticed that many times people who have no children seem to be nicer to kids than those with children...sometimes it seems parents are too competitive with other parents and with others children...just an observation!

Last edited by mrstewart; 03-19-2010 at 01:42 PM..

Old 03-18-2010, 08:21 PM

956 posts, read 1,766,726 times
Yes,Stewart, that would be me

Old 03-18-2010, 08:50 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,263,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
i know this thread is a little old, just had to add my 2 cent

children are truly precious, so how someone could not LIKE them is beyond me. not wanting to be a parent i can understand, but having something against kids? no. i mean, as if adults are always so great

and instead of having a problem with kids who are misbehaving, how about disliking the bad parents who let their child scream and carry on in restaurants or run around tearing up the grocery store? because the reality of the situation is that kids don't really know what they're doing, so you can't fault them for that

and are people seriously comparing not liking kids to not liking animals??

now, teenagers are somewhat of a different story
I like well-behaved children.

Brats, however, make me want to slap their parents.

Old 03-19-2010, 12:01 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,029,761 times
Quote:

To some of us the "child" stage is not an attractive span of a human's life. They certainly can't help being in that stage, it's one that all humans must pass through, but not all adults want to be subjected to having to observe that phase.

If I don't want to be around kids, that's my prerogative. I don't wish them harm; I certainly wouldn't do them harm. I passed through that phase of life just like every other human on this planet, but that doesn't mean that I should feel bad because I don't want to observe it again in someone else' kids.

Old 03-19-2010, 06:41 AM

22,317 posts, read 29,400,492 times
I know this is an old thread and I've said my same comments numerous times:

I don't like kids. I don't want kids. I'm a nice person except when you **** me off.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:31 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,842,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing View Post
To some of us the "child" stage is not an attractive span of a human's life. They certainly can't help being in that stage, it's one that all humans must pass through, but not all adults want to be subjected to having to observe that phase.

If I don't want to be around kids, that's my prerogative. I don't wish them harm; I certainly wouldn't do them harm. I passed through that phase of life just like every other human on this planet, but that doesn't mean that I should feel bad because I don't want to observe it again in someone else' kids.
well i'm sorry but that is something i just cannot grasp. children are innocent, honest, imaginative, gullable, intuitive. how are these traits not attractive?

children represent what we as adults used to be before we were corrupted by the world

Old 03-19-2010, 10:46 AM

382 posts, read 758,243 times
Quote:
well i'm sorry but that is something i just cannot grasp. children are innocent, honest, imaginative, gullable, intuitive. how are these traits not attractive?

children represent what we as adults used to be before we were corrupted by the world
They are also messy, noisy, smelly, bratty. How are these traits not unattractive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology