Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2010, 02:20 PM

369 posts, read 772,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
evidently you didn't see my post where i clearly said that teenagers were an exception
Clearly you missed the context that I've seen vicious crimes committed by kids who were younger than teens. Children are not innocent. Even preschoolers have a remarkable predisposition for violence. I've seen it.

Ivory towers...

Old 03-19-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
the ultimate selfish statement

yeah, because that's what all parents do
Not all the but a very significant number do. Often it turns out tragic for the child and grand parent.

Old 03-19-2010, 02:29 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,845,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Good kids who aren't disciplinary problems can be extremely taxing on their parents as well--it has nothing to do with upbringing. My friends who have children tell me stories of what they go through that make my resolve to never have children solid. Up all night with sick kids, cleaning up messes and accidents, temper tantrums (you'll say discipline, but try to keep a toddler from having a tantrum.)
HA! just because you don't know how to doesn't mean i don't

Quote:
Those who say children are innocent and pure obviously haven't seen a kid try to blame something he or she did wrong on someone else, be willfully cruel to another child, or lie to get what they want. It happens every day, all the time.
yeah and adults never do these things

Old 03-19-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_c View Post
Clearly you missed the context that I've seen vicious crimes committed by kids who were younger than teens. Children are not innocent. Even preschoolers have a remarkable predisposition for violence. I've seen it.

Ivory towers...
you sir, are delusional

Old 03-19-2010, 02:35 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,776,329 times
^^^^What was the point in reviving the thread? You didn't actually say anything different.

Old 03-19-2010, 02:54 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
yeah and adults never do these things
Well, no was was arguing that adults are pure and good and innocent.

Old 03-19-2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
you sir, are delusional

No sir experienced. I've been on those calls and treated the victims. I wish you could experience just one of what I've seen. I wish you could carry the memories and experience the nightmares. You willingly blind yourself to the reality of our modern world because it doesn't meet your personal agenda. I'm out there dealing with and doing something about it.

Even the news is rife with reports of violent children

Nursery schools struggle with troubled and violent children - Times Online

Thousands of violent children excluded from primary school - Times Online

Stopping Toddler Biting Behaviors

As I said, childhood innocence is a cultural myth. It is up to parents to raise and protect their children. Far to many do not. In the end society - all of it - other children, parents, child free all pay for it. All the rose colored glasses in the world won't mask it. Sticking your head in the sand and tossing out a lame insult won't do anything. At least I'm out there doing something about it. What are you doing?

Old 03-19-2010, 04:20 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,382,704 times
AlGreen should look up the Jamie Bulger murder in the UK, if he reckons children are innocent.

I don't like children, and i don't deem myself a bad person. I generally live for myself and my own happiness, and don't go out of my way, or have much inclination/motivation, to hurt others. If people don't bother me, why should I bother them? Of course, this makes me worse than Stalin.

My personality does not gel with kids. I am mature and don't like kiddish BS. for this reason, i don't want children.

Old 03-19-2010, 04:36 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,554,658 times
For the Childfree among us....in case you feel like playing a little bingo...

The Seven Deadly Sinners: Breeder Bingo Card

I don't think I should have kids because karma is a ***** and I certainly don't need any little me's running around. LOL

I can't stand bratty kids. I know it's the parents fault, but it still makes me dislike the kid. If a kid is being a jerk and directly affecting me and their parent is not around to yell at them, I will.

I am a nice person unless there is a reason for me not to be. There are some kids I actually enjoy spending time with, but I can't take having them around all the time. I need my adult, "me" time and if that's selfish, oh well. Having a kid is one of the most selfish things you can do (adoption, not so much).

It's really nobody's business whether someone else wants kids or not. Basically, unless I am dating you, stay the hell out of my vagina!

Old 03-19-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_c View Post
No sir experienced. I've been on those calls and treated the victims. I wish you could experience just one of what I've seen. I wish you could carry the memories and experience the nightmares. You willingly blind yourself to the reality of our modern world because it doesn't meet your personal agenda. I'm out there dealing with and doing something about it.

Even the news is rife with reports of violent children

Nursery schools struggle with troubled and violent children - Times Online

Thousands of violent children excluded from primary school - Times Online

Stopping Toddler Biting Behaviors

As I said, childhood innocence is a cultural myth. It is up to parents to raise and protect their children. Far to many do not. In the end society - all of it - other children, parents, child free all pay for it. All the rose colored glasses in the world won't mask it. Sticking your head in the sand and tossing out a lame insult won't do anything. At least I'm out there doing something about it. What are you doing?
you just proved my point. and please show me where i said that children never do anything bad?

but do you honestly believe that a three old who might hurt someone is doing it with the same conscious effort as a full grown adult would?

when people say children are innocent, they do not mean that they're perfect little angels who never misbehave. what they mean is that they are not FULLY capable of grasping the concept of right and wrong. that is fact
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology