Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 10:25 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times

Advertisements

Yup, I am mean as heck........get rid of all kids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I'm not making any judgments myself, but people like this are often portrayed as self-centered, impatient and not very warm. Of course hating any group for no good reason is probably not a good thing, but have you noticed this in general? I know some of the meanest people can still like babies or puppies or something, but I get the idea that some people who say they dislike children are rather serious, and have lost their innocence in a way. Of course some may just say they and dislike them on a very superficial level, but I also think they have forgotten the child within them, and maybe need to re-connect with that.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:28 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
there are some rotten kids out there really bad.
will rogers said--- i never met a man i did not like
this man did not work at juvi hall

Old 04-18-2009, 10:30 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times
LOL...tell me about it. Willie was not being very honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
there are some rotten kids out there really bad.
will rogers said--- i never met a man i did not like
you have got to be kidding

Old 04-18-2009, 10:45 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,028,490 times
I cant stand children. To me, they arent cute or precious at all, and I dont want them around me for more than is absolutely necessary.

Animals on the other hand will get my attention vs. a newborn baby.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:46 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
A lot of kids are just weird. I can see what some of the posters are getting at.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:49 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Meh......I just think that some people want to be left alone. This does not mean that they are nasty, selfish people.

Old 04-19-2009, 01:25 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
People can dislike ALL smokers, and find them annoying, and that's fine? I've quit--I've been smoke free for six months--but parents don't seem to "quit" being parents. Even once those kids are supposedly grown.

Old 04-19-2009, 01:43 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,629,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I'm not making any judgments myself, but people like this are often portrayed as self-centered, impatient and not very warm. Of course hating any group for no good reason is probably not a good thing, but have you noticed this in general? I know some of the meanest people can still like babies or puppies or something, but I get the idea that some people who say they dislike children are rather serious, and have lost their innocence in a way. Of course some may just say they and dislike them on a very superficial level, but I also think they have forgotten the child within them, and maybe need to re-connect with that.
Uhh, no. I wouldn't say I strongly dislike kids, I just dislike being around them too much, that's all. I would never want them myself. I don't think babies are cute I think they are incredibly ugly actually. I think kittens are adorable, puppies are cute, and I love cats in general, the friendly ones (a lot of people have had bad experiences with cats, I really don't get it, I am not a dog fan, if you get a good cat and raise it well it's the most affectionate animal without slobbering all over you and stinking constantly, lol). But babies? Get real. They are nasty and smelly and crap all over.

Kids are just undeveloped people, what is there to like about them really? I mean it's like saying a half-way baked cake is really great. No, not really, it's great when it comes out of the oven and is ready to eat. Kids are not yet developed intellectually or physically and don't have much to offer until they are. It's great to see kids with potential and intelligence but you don't yet know whether that will really develop into anything.

As long as the kids are someone else's, though, and not crying and making a fuss, I'm ok with them.

You know what W.C. Fields said, "Anyone who hates kids can't be all bad!"

Old 04-19-2009, 01:57 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Uhh, no. I wouldn't say I strongly dislike kids, I just dislike being around them too much, that's all. I would never want them myself. I don't think babies are cute I think they are incredibly ugly actually. I think kittens are adorable, puppies are cute, and I love cats in general, the friendly ones (a lot of people have had bad experiences with cats, I really don't get it, I am not a dog fan, if you get a good cat and raise it well it's the most affectionate animal without slobbering all over you and stinking constantly, lol). But babies? Get real. They are nasty and smelly and crap all over.

Kids are just undeveloped people, what is there to like about them really? I mean it's like saying a half-way baked cake is really great. No, not really, it's great when it comes out of the oven and is ready to eat.
Kids are not yet developed intellectually or physically and don't have much to offer until they are. It's great to see kids with potential and intelligence but you don't yet know whether that will really develop into anything.

As long as the kids are someone else's, though, and not crying and making a fuss, I'm ok with them.

You know what W.C. Fields said, "Anyone who hates kids can't be all bad!"
Thank you for demonstrating that even some adults never develop, intellectually.

Old 04-19-2009, 01:59 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,419,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
From the responses it seems that way too many people are way too self absorbed to have or like kids. That doesn't reflect on kids, it has a reflection on the selfishness of adults.

Also every adult was a kid once. So I don't understand the arrogance.
How many kids do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
A lot of kids are just weird. I can see what some of the posters are getting at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology