Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2017, 07:14 PM

24 posts, read 29,976 times

Advertisements

I have a neighbor who comes out everyday, twice a day, claiming all the people in this CONDOMINIUM complex are wicked evildoers and will be destroyed, "the wicked will perish!" She does this before she leaves for work and when she arrives home. She walks to work at a restaurant next door. She always calls me a drug dealer also. I tried to tell her to quit calling me a drug dealer and she called the police, I tried to confront her another time and she filed for a protective order against me. The protective order was denied and dismissed by the judge.

Her daughter owns the condo but won't do anything, her son is a youth minister and he won't do anything. It has apparently been going on for years. I bought this condo two years ago but just recently started living here. Didn't rent, it was empty before that. The neighbors say she did the same thing to the guy who lived here before me and basically harasses everybody. The HOA won't do anything about it. In Oklahoma you can't evict someone. The HOA could impose fees, financial penalty, but they don't seem to want to get involved.

So now I have the Police and a lawyer involved. The lawyer has drafted a lengthy petition against this neighbor with a whole host of damages and complaints, including a request for temporary injunction against her behavior in calling me evil and a drug dealer. Damages stem from libel, slander, breach of unit home ownership estate act, and mental distress. Of course she doesn't have much money but I don't know what else to do. Recently she came out and said she has a gun and the Lord might as well take her home. It's totally crazy stuff but some people who have lived here awhile say it is all deliberate and she is not crazy.

And don't be fooled by the prayers. She calls people idiots and drug dealers to their face for no reason. She is very mean and angry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLYc-LkbQbg&t=25s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2017, 07:50 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,705,921 times
This person is mentally ill. Does no one involved seem to realize this?

Old 03-14-2017, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
This person is mentally ill. Does no one involved seem to realize this?
I guess no one wants to confront this. Maybe when I file this civil lawsuit something will happen. I'm hoping it will force the children to do something.

Old 03-14-2017, 10:38 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,018,908 times
The video just shows she's annoying but she's not doing anything wrong. You have every right to do exactly what she's doing. She's standing on her property, praying and singing on her way to work.
It's not ideal living but that video isn't going to win you any court case.

Old 03-15-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
The video just shows she's annoying but she's not doing anything wrong. You have every right to do exactly what she's doing. She's standing on her property, praying and singing on her way to work.
It's not ideal living but that video isn't going to win you any court case.
That's only the half of it. She has filed false police reports against me which is libel, yelling that I am a drug dealer in the hearing of other people which is slander, in her PO filing she made several false accusations against me including that I "follow her to the mailbox, mirror her schedule, park my car in a way to intimidate her" which is all libel. And she reiterated these claims in open court which is slander again. Just filing the for the protective order was extreme and outrageous and subjects me to public hatred. Even though it was denied, it is a matter of open record and can show up on a background report that I was accused of stalking. This is a condo complex and is private property so free speech laws do not apply the same. There are property restrictions which prohibit such nuisance behavior. She also walks in the middle of the driveway blocking traffic. Oklahoma has a law called the "Unit Home Ownership Estate Act" which makes the Condo HOA property restrictions subject to legal recourse when HOA's do not enforce them.

She might not have any money for damages to be collected, but I can assure you there will be a judgement in my favor. Maybe it will force her family to do something about her. I will drop the whole thing if they move her out. I also am a Christian and was fooled in the beginning thinking she was just this nice old praying woman. The video does not tell half the story,

Old 03-15-2017, 12:10 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,018,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian Shepherd View Post
That's only the half of it. She has filed false police reports against me which is libel, yelling that I am a drug dealer in the hearing of other people which is slander, in her PO filing she made several false accusations against me including that I "follow her to the mailbox, mirror her schedule, park my car in a way to intimidate her" which is all libel. And she reiterated these claims in open court which is slander again. Just filing the for the protective order was extreme and outrageous and subjects me to public hatred. Even though it was denied, it is a matter of open record and can show up on a background report that I was accused of stalking. This is a condo complex and is private property so free speech laws do not apply the same. There are property restrictions which prohibit such nuisance behavior. She also walks in the middle of the driveway blocking traffic. Oklahoma has a law called the "Unit Home Ownership Estate Act" which makes the Condo HOA property restrictions subject to legal recourse when HOA's do not enforce them.

She might not have any money for damages to be collected, but I can assure you there will be a judgement in my favor. Maybe it will force her family to do something about her. I will drop the whole thing if they move her out. I also am a Christian and was fooled in the beginning thinking she was just this nice old praying woman. The video does not tell half the story,
No, I totally get that. I'm just saying that you're definitely going to need better evidence than what's on that particular video.
Good luck. I'm sure it sucks to deal with.

Old 03-15-2017, 09:11 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,174,376 times
Saw the video - this woman is crazy as a $%#%-house rat, no question. Sorry to hear about what you're going through, but I have no advice to give.

I work in a large downtown area every day, and run into these preaching a-holes on a regular basis; they're all scum, street trash, and hypocrites. They all need to stop bothering & harassing regular hard-working people.

Last edited by The Big Lebowski Dude; 03-15-2017 at 10:40 PM..

Old 03-15-2017, 09:21 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,974,170 times
Does she do this to people at work as well? Have you talked to whoever owns the restaurant (hopefully it is not her)? If she does, why don't they do anything about getting rid of her? Surely their business must be suffering if she acts like this with customers there (or does she just work in the back where no one but other staff can hear her?)

Sounds like a horrible situation for you to be in. I hope you find a sympathetic helpful ear soon and can get something done to stop her or at least have her mentally assessed. She does look to be at least slightly off her rocker.

Old 03-15-2017, 09:29 PM

1,066 posts, read 764,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
No, I totally get that. I'm just saying that you're definitely going to need better evidence than what's on that particular video.
Good luck. I'm sure it sucks to deal with.
^^^ I think this is right. You may have to be ready to record her on your phone at the moment she is accusing you and if she mentions that she has a gun to you. The police already have the false reports so there's that. Wow, it is a shame you've had to take it to such a level. Truly a neighbor with a mental issue there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology