Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 12:01 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,918,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Oh yeah, a girl who lives in a neighborhood where the strong routinely steal from and harm the weak must not esteem herself at all if she goes out and finds a really mean, mean man and parks him on her porch. lololol. Sorry, I don't mean to laugh.

Did ALL of you guys grow up in white bread land? I'm not trying to be offensive here, but the denseness of a good deal of the comments here is just baffling ... hmmmm... I guess it makes sense. The media portrays a ridiculously cartoonish view of the poor for the most part. I suppose if you didn't grow up in the hood, you don't understand the hood, so I suppose as the Boyz in the Hood would say, you should stay the f*** out of the hood.

Where are my boys at? I know at least some of you grew up hard and can shed some light for the softies. How about your rural mountain men... can you step outside of your color biases for just a moment and realize that the hard men of the Applachians have waaay more in common with the hard men of Compton than they ever want to admit? Hint: the Compton folks have just as much good heartedness as the mountain men (in addition to nastiness). It's just not a side the media cameras capture much, and the Compton folks don't want the message to get out anyways ... if people knew they had hearts, who knows who would show up on thier front door to roll them?
Are you kidding me? Any woman who would let a low life thug into her pants is doing it because she thinks she can't get, or doesn't deserve, anyone better.
You've been sniffing the fumes from your graffiti paint too long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 12:13 PM

392 posts, read 1,095,452 times
Can't have sex with many ladies when your doin life behind bars, which is where most of these wothless scumbags end up. So I suppose let them get their fair share why they are free, because it does not last very long.

Most women who date gangbangers have the mental capacity of a 12 year old. They are trciked and manipulated all the time by slight of hand.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:38 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,054,362 times
Because women don't respect themselves nowadays. They like bad boys, thugs, and abusive men.

And they enjoy watching other men fight.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:16 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,934,465 times
Maybe those women are in love with the violent men or they provoked it in some way but still love their man. Dysfunctional relationships is what it is!!!

Old 11-23-2009, 06:45 PM

190 posts, read 492,992 times
The concern you have is legitimate. You may be asking yourself "should I be a the jerk or nice guy?" You may want better results with women. I am here to tell you that there is a lot of literature out there supporting either approach. I strongly encourage you to take the high road. Treat women with respect. However, never let anyone exploit you. You must demand respect as well and learn how to be assertive with women and walk when necessary. And the most important point...learn patience and self-control when it comes to sex. Do not develop a habit of lusting after a woman--despite what everyone else appears to be doing. As Ray Romano suggested, this will initiate the launch sequence. You need to be in charge of your mood and thoughts. Next, learn that you must be nicer to certain people--such as bosses and your parents. Then, when you are happily married, you can thank God that you aren't the one being embarrassed on Judge Judy or Jerry Springer.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:09 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,899,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Yeah, it makes no sense. Gangs' motivation is not sex. It is control / power / fear / status.
And you just answered the question. It isn't the violence that is the turn on for these women. It's the power, status and a lot of times money, that being in a gang evokes, similar to that of the mob only on a much smaller scale.

Old 08-10-2013, 10:00 AM

1 posts, read 1,080 times
I think that with a lot of men and women violence it is sexualy arousing becouse the woman and maybe the man have a strong sexual sadomasochistic element in her or his makeup.
I have dated women who like being tortured and there are men who like to torture. It's rare but true.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:38 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob7708 View Post
I think that with a lot of men and women violence it is sexualy arousing becouse the woman and maybe the man have a strong sexual sadomasochistic element in her or his makeup.
I have dated women who like being tortured and there are men who like to torture. It's rare but true.
Why do guys obsess over the few women who hang out with violent men? Who cares?

Old 08-10-2013, 11:40 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,343,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tired-of-mn View Post
I have always wondered that.All these gangbangers get tons of sex.Thats the main motive for these thugs.If women in mass decided not give it up to these men gangs would dry up overnight.I geuss violence makes alot of women horny.
Okay, who is going around bringing these threads back?

Old 08-10-2013, 11:50 AM

2,186 posts, read 2,918,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tired-of-mn View Post
women in mass
Women in Massachusetts?

Catholic women?

Or did you mean en masse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology