Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 08:23 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,249,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
If a male beats a woman, he's not usually dominant within the male species. So yes, he's most likely taking a ride in PoundTown.
Meet Bubba!LOL...... I agree with you on this also. Come try it with me you SOB! I hit back!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 08:36 AM

D*** that's gonna hurt in the morning, wife beaters!LOL..............
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqDXXRcrLUM

Old 01-09-2010, 08:37 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,113,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
Who are people who have "educated themselves"?
People who have bothered to take the time to learn the facts about something rather than getting their knowledge through gossip and hearsay. They act based on facts, not on their feelings or personal moral standards.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:46 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,113,639 times
The problem with our society is that we are unable or unwilling to let a person who has "gone astray" for lack of a better term, recover and do the right thing. We are supposedly a Christian society and forgiveness is supposed to be a part of that but it rarely truly exists. The so-called Christians have developed this "let's do the right thing but not in my backyard" syndrome.

It's really sick, the same people who don't want to forgive and allow a person to repair their lives are the first ones jumping up and down screaming about crime rates.

Remember the greatest strides in our society have been made by taking greatest risk. Would I date a reformed abuser? Yes, I would. Would I go about life as usual? No. I would find out what in this person's history made them be an abuser and what they have done to change their lives so those things don't affect them anymore. Just like you know for an alcoholic, you can't keep alcohol in the house.

btw, there are female abusers, too.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
The problem with our society is that we are unable or unwilling to let a person who has "gone astray" for lack of a better term, recover and do the right thing. We are supposedly a Christian society and forgiveness is supposed to be a part of that but it rarely truly exists. The so-called Christians have developed this "let's do the right thing but not in my backyard" syndrome.

It's really sick, the same people who don't want to forgive and allow a person to repair their lives are the first ones jumping up and down screaming about crime rates.

Remember the greatest strides in our society have been made by taking greatest risk. Would I date a reformed abuser? Yes, I would. Would I go about life as usual? No. I would find out what in this person's history made them be an abuser and what they have done to change their lives so those things don't affect them anymore. Just like you know for an alcoholic, you can't keep alcohol in the house.

Agreed, as for a push or something very minor that doesn't cause any damage or injury. But for the guy that punches with a closed fist and nearly beats his SO to death on numerous occasions, H*** no! Don't fall for it, ladies. Ask Ted?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUO3TMO-ezo

Old 01-09-2010, 09:00 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,390,751 times
Quote:

First, let me absolutely agree that there are female abusers as well...its less common, but certainly out there.

Secondly, without going into detail, I have read/worked with enough stuff involving domestic violence, to make me wary of dealing with that kind of a person, even outside of a relationship (just for reference I am a guy). Often one does not know what kind of things can set it off, and often they are things that can't easily be controlled (i.e. unemployment/underemployment) and when a person's violent tendencies are set off a whole bunch of bad things can happen.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:26 AM

1,659 posts, read 2,776,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
First, let me absolutely agree that there are female abusers as well...its less common, but certainly out there.

Secondly, without going into detail, I have read/worked with enough stuff involving domestic violence, to make me wary of dealing with that kind of a person, even outside of a relationship (just for reference I am a guy). Often one does not know what kind of things can set it off, and often they are things that can't easily be controlled (i.e. unemployment/underemployment) and when a person's violent tendencies are set off a whole bunch of bad things can happen.
I hate to say it but I agree! I'm forgiving in that I don't think they should all be killed but I wouldn't feel comfortable staying with one. I have two wife abusers in my family and after years they still have the weird hair-trigger rage. And you're so right Randomstudent, it is unpredictable, illogical, random sh-t that sets them off!

Old 01-09-2010, 09:30 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
Quote:
People who have bothered to take the time to learn the facts about something rather than getting their knowledge through gossip and hearsay. They act based on facts, not on their feelings or personal moral standards.
I thought it was pretty self explanatory, but great response. A knowledge of actual facts provides more reliable answers. Of course, anyone is welcome to contribute.

Quote:

Definitely, there are female abusers in abundance on every level.

I would have to disagree on taking the risk. But I have been around that block a few times myself and it just isn't worth it to me, nor would I recommend it after all I have seen outside of my experiences. I don't ever want to be with someone who struggles to not abuse. I want someone who is not capable. I do agree we should forgive and help these people recover, but doing so doesn't entail standing in front of the bus. Ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
Agreed, as for a push or something very minor that doesn't cause any damage or injury. But for the guy that punches with a closed fist and nearly beats his SO to death on numerous occasions, H*** no! Don't fall for it, ladies. Ask Ted?

There is nothing minor or not damaging about a push. And a push has the potential to cause major injury.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
I hate to say it but I agree! I'm forgiving in that I don't think they should all be killed but I wouldn't feel comfortable staying with one. I have two wife abusers in my family and after years they still have the weird hair-trigger rage. And you're so right Randomstudent, it is unpredictable, illogical, random sh-t that sets them off!
I don't think they should all be killed either ladies!LOL....... That's Uncle Ted for ya! The bottom line is, don't put your hands on a woman unless it is in self defense (life or death)! An arguement is not life or death. Walk away, everyone will highly respect you later for it! Rugged

Old 01-09-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I thought it was pretty self explanatory, but great response. A knowledge of actual facts provides more reliable answers. Of course, anyone is welcome to contribute.

Definitely, there are female abusers in abundance on every level.

I would have to disagree on taking the risk. But I have been around that block a few times myself and it just isn't worth it to me, nor would I recommend it after all I have seen outside of my experiences. I don't ever want to be with someone who struggles to not abuse. I want someone who is not capable. I do agree we should forgive and help these people recover, but doing so doesn't entail standing in front of the bus. Ya know?

There is nothing minor or not damaging about a push. And a push has the potential to cause major injury.
It can and does. But the point I was trying to make was if they should be forgiven for it? FYI, many Police Officers did something similar and were charged with domestic battery. They plead guilty to the charges and the wife agreed they were not hurt in anyway. No big deal, fast forward about 20 years and the laws have changed on this issue and they were fired from their job because of it. In the U.S. ,you can't own a firearm if you have been charged and convicted for domestic battery. No firearm, no job for them. Rugged

Last edited by 2RUGGED4YOU; 01-09-2010 at 10:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology