Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2013, 01:01 PM

93 posts, read 185,967 times

Advertisements

We have Croakers in the Ches. Bay are they in Fl. as well? I used to love drifting for them as well as flounder which I know you have them in C.H. I used to take a friend with me and I rigged his rod with circle hooks ( he could not see very well) and not explain to him how to use them, his wife and I got a good laugh over that. We would go back to the campground and tell all of our friends he couldn't catch a cold much less a fish. He tried to set the hook so hard that we nicknamed him "Lip ripper", good times indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 04:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,144 times
Giving fishing in SW Florida a shot.

Anyone have any information on the Myakka River? I just moved to this area and have tried my hand a few times bank fishing with no luck... would anyone suggest bottom fishing with nightcrawlers/shrimp? Regarding shrimp can you just purchase frozen shrimp at the supermarket or do they need to be live shrimp?

Any suggestions would help me out!

Thanks

Old 10-03-2013, 05:24 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,786,584 times
I don't buy frozen shrimp at a market , I suppose you could I buy at fishing frank or walmart also had froxen bait. I get live shimp and any left over dead at the end of the day I freeze in a sandwich bag

Old 10-03-2013, 05:52 PM

5,172 posts, read 4,945,353 times
I buy frozen shrimp from WalMart and keep a few in a baggie for fishing off of the seawall. If I don't get a lot of fishing in, I end up eating what is still frozen in the freezer. You can fish with food-grade shrimp but can't eat bait shrimp (or at least day-old bait shrimp)!

Old 10-06-2013, 07:55 AM

260 posts, read 563,100 times
We went out to Sherman's reef yesterday in a buddy's 17 ft key west, which was an adventure in itself. We caught fish all day. Lane snappers, yellowtail, a couple cirro mackeral, countless grunts and porgies. But every grouper was just short.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:28 PM

2,118 posts, read 3,776,884 times
good report, Dennis. Thanks. Hey everyone, I'm gonna have a rare week at home and plan on going to Fishin Franks fishing club meeting on Tuesday for the first time. It's at Luigi's restaurant. Anyone else?

Old 10-06-2013, 06:01 PM

5,172 posts, read 4,945,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
good report, Dennis. Thanks. Hey everyone, I'm gonna have a rare week at home and plan on going to Fishin Franks fishing club meeting on Tuesday for the first time. It's at Luigi's restaurant. Anyone else?
Unfortunately I won't be back in town until the next week.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:14 AM

230 posts, read 407,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post

The wife and I will be there on Tuesday.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:53 PM

93 posts, read 185,967 times
I just called and all the seats are taken for Tues. so I guess I'll be there Wed.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:43 AM

697 posts, read 1,169,993 times
Ok..what's a guy to do...who is out of town during the week. I need a fishing buddy/buddies ��
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte