Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2014, 04:50 PM

230 posts, read 405,560 times

Advertisements

oh oh oh pick me pick me!!! Any weekend day that is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 06:28 AM

114 posts, read 171,729 times
My boat will go in Monday, October 27th, so I am out till then. Looking forward to meeting up and catching some fish.

Old 10-10-2014, 05:09 PM

2,118 posts, read 3,760,100 times
Just found out I'm being sponsored to participate in the Mako Funament, a family fun fishing tournament and cookout weekend on Ft Myers Beach next weekend. Mako Funaments have been held for decades around the country. There were 4 this year in Florida. The events are restricted to Mako boat owners and their friends.

My thanks go out to pcozad1 for reminding me of the upcoming event and to classicmako.com for sponsoring my entry! I plan on taking lots of photos and fishing Friday & Saturday.
Attached Thumbnails
Fishing Charlotte Harbor Area-image.jpg  

Old 10-10-2014, 06:11 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,847,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
Just found out I'm being sponsored to participate in the Mako Funament, a family fun fishing tournament and cookout weekend on Ft Myers Beach next weekend. Mako Funaments have been held for decades around the country. There were 4 this year in Florida. The events are restricted to Mako boat owners and their friends.

My thanks go out to pcozad1 for reminding me of the upcoming event and to classicmako.com for sponsoring my entry! I plan on taking lots of photos and fishing Friday & Saturday.
Enjoy and bring back pictures!

Old 10-10-2014, 09:35 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,771,051 times
cool MA ,
I was going to go to a classic SeaCraft event this season but looks like the boat is going. I had a interested lady in Jupiter who asked it she could have a friend who was In Tampa on business look at it on his way home . I said sure. so he called me this week to say he was on his way I went home to meet him and as I was walking out front I new this guy and I said " boy you look awfully familiar" then I reconized who it was this lade was friend rom cast member Bert from Ship Shape tv.

I was like wow I figured it just be some guy
sorry to derail but I figure your all boaters.

Old 10-11-2014, 04:31 AM

That's a great story, Mike. So did the guy say he thought your ship was in shape enough for her?
What are you going to buy next?

Old 10-11-2014, 07:27 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,036,985 times
MA, did I ever tell you that one time I took pcozad1, and HH out fishing, and we watch dolphin create a mud ring. It was a mother and its calf. The mother made the mud ring, and the calf went racing through it time and time again to catch fish. It was an amazing site, in a spot where I usually got to catch bait when I'm fishing around the inland waterway.

Here is a link of what they do. Again, what we saw was just one mother and its calf, but this is what they do.
Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izGeFU4wrVU

Old 10-11-2014, 11:20 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,951,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM8560 View Post
cool MA ,
I was going to go to a classic SeaCraft event this season but looks like the boat is going. I had a interested lady in Jupiter who asked it she could have a friend who was In Tampa on business look at it on his way home . I said sure. so he called me this week to say he was on his way I went home to meet him and as I was walking out front I new this guy and I said " boy you look awfully familiar" then I reconized who it was this lade was friend rom cast member Bert from Ship Shape tv.

I was like wow I figured it just be some guy
sorry to derail but I figure your all boaters.
Hey, lucky you, Mike. It would be great to meet somebody from Ship Shape. It's the funniest half hour on television, with an occasional useful tip thrown in. My kids make me save the episodes on the DVR so they can watch them all when they visit. Ship Shape marathon at Thanksgiving!

Old 10-11-2014, 05:14 PM

Any other Mako owners among us? The classic mako owners club has two more sponsorships available for next weekends Funament in Ft. Myers Beach. $100 entry fee would be covered for the weekend, plus a free wet slip at the Fish Tales Marina for the event. Friday and Sat cookouts have your meals covered as well. Could commute from here or get an $89 a night Hampton like me. Must be a Mako boat owner and join our forum to get sponsored.

Been trying to get my trailer ready for the trip to Ft. Myers Beach next weekend. Having trouble with the lights. At first it was corroded/rusty ground connections. Now the trailer lamps work under other power but now from the truck connection. Checked fuses, no. Can't imagaine a 2013 F150 with 13k miles would suddenly have bad trailer light wiring.

Last edited by Messing About; 10-11-2014 at 05:27 PM..

Old 10-12-2014, 02:45 PM

697 posts, read 1,165,050 times
Well..looks like this weekend no one hooked up. I'm free all this week, except Thursday. If your open on a weekday, have tackle and wanna go out...please message me or post here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte