Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2015, 06:00 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,620,766 times

Advertisements

Congrats MA, sounds like you're getting back into the action. Always looking to see the reports. Next week I'll be prepping my Key West 211 Bluewater Center Console to put up on the lift and start fishing for 6 months from the Alligator Creek. Good luck Saturday and "Fish em up".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 06:17 AM

493 posts, read 636,604 times
Bill, glad to hear you're back out on the water. Good luck. Looking forward to some pics!

Old 10-08-2015, 07:15 AM

114 posts, read 172,600 times
I'll be coming down again on October 30th for a 4 week fishing trip. The boat will launch on October 31, and I'll pull her back out Thanksgiving day. We will fish every day unless prevented by the weather.

The last trip, in April, yielded quite a number of Tarpon, but few Snook and Reds. Did catch my first large large Goliath, which was quite an event. We will run to the near-shore reefs whenever it's calm, and will work the Harbor for Reds and Snook when it's breezy.

Still up for the Snook tournament, MA?

Old 10-08-2015, 10:04 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,820,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
Fishing talk, boys.....fishing talk, please.

Hey, speaking of fishing...I'm six weeks removed from shoulder surgery and ready to fish. Can only only cast weak handed but have been getting it across the canal, so I'm ready. My reel crank is on the opposite hand for me anyway. Got the power back to the power pole.

Taking my new fishing buddy, Mark, out on Saturday. He was my RN in the hospital and is seeking his first salt water variety, having moved here from West Virginia about a year ago. Very skilled caster and fresh water angler, so hopes are high for him here.

Wind and tide reports look optimal. Tides are low early, then coming in all day. We will head way far south to endure we are in the saltiest of water. Likely closer to NE Pine Island to look for trout early, then work the west wall creeks on the incoming tide, making our way slowly back north with the incoming tide. Will just be good to be back in the game.
Here fishy, fishy, fishy

Old 10-08-2015, 12:09 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,885,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaRay35 View Post
TY that is about 80 miles from Madison. United flies direct into Madison which is nice for us while we are still here in NJ.
I live 15 miles from Madison and about 70 from Milwaukee, but I NEVER fly from Madison. WAY too expensive, and nowhere near as many non-stops.
(Sorry to hijack the thread.)

Old 10-08-2015, 06:20 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,820,631 times
Hey Bill I may be down for some fishing. Hope you are up to it

Old 10-08-2015, 06:55 PM

1,917 posts, read 2,629,330 times
Quote:
When do you think you be down?

Gary

Old 10-09-2015, 05:24 AM

2,118 posts, read 3,774,924 times
Quote:
Thanks for the welcome back, guys.

Sounds great, Don. Certainly wont be fishing solo for many more months. Can't support myself leaning on one arm and doing anything with the other. Will see how I handle this first outing. Elbow to hand works fine, as long as elbow is either against my side or supported by something like a countertop. Shoulder to elbow very tough to raise on its own, unless of course I'm in the pool, which is great therapy. Although I'm right handed and my right shoulder is the affected arm, I can cast a fair distance with my left. I reel left handed anyway, holding the rod in my right hand. This should be bode well for reeling in with the resting rod handle supported by my gut. If all else fails, hand it off to my friend and let him land it.

I'm working hard in PT, at home on my own, in the pool and walking couple miles a day. Feel ready to cross the harbor in the Classic Mako Flats. Hoping the wind forecast of 5-10 holds true. If it kicks up, I'll slow down and not get airborne like I used to. Quite sure I'm not ready for hard landings just yet.

@Duke - glad to hear you are returning this year. You're becoming quite the regular down these parts. Not sure I'll be tournament ready but would love to fish a day in shore with you all. Two boats should be able to find the dish faster than one, right? You seem to do real well each year down here.

24 hours to launch!

Old 10-09-2015, 12:17 PM

207 posts, read 217,660 times
Wife and I will be official last week in October. Hope to be able to fish with some of you guys this winter so you can teach a newb!

Old 10-10-2015, 04:36 PM

2,118 posts, read 3,774,924 times
Sneak preview report...pics to come later. Fished all day, 8-4, did pretty well. Had my City Data buddy and hospital nurse Mark with me today for his first open salt water experience. Seasoned Bass angler from WV who has mad casting skills. He's never caught a salt water species before today. And now he's caught many. We each bright home several meals and Mark was very responsible in releasing 4 big Redfish. Okay, he had four get off and one of them was a big bull that came face to face with us before spitting the hook like a cowboy with a mouthful of tabacky.
It was enough for Mark to be hooked on Reds. Oops....my Redfish dinner is ready. Be back the full story in the morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte