Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2011, 02:31 PM

41 posts, read 90,902 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any information that may help. I love the Punta Gorda Isles area for homes and would like to find an area like that to live. For now I want to rent. My daughter will be starting college next year and will be a senior this year. I work in the Hospitality Industry and currently manage a hotel. I will also be looking for work, or should say I am currently looking daily from NY. I have a great job here so that part makes me nervous. I hate the winters and the cold adn I want ot start enjoying life a bit more. My parents are getting older and also moved down that way so being closer will help. Ideal a rent at$1000.00 or less would be great for at least a 3 bedroom and a commute of up to 30-45 min will be ok. I like safe neighborhoods and enjoy walking in the evening and bike riding as well. I love the ocean and the heat doe not bother me. How is Naples? What are any suggestions ? Should I look more towards St Pete, Clearwater? I do not want to work around the clock to be able to afford to live. Thanks to anyone with suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 09:08 AM

2,284 posts, read 1,583,401 times
The PGI area is very nice and walkable. Heck, I walked about 2 miles during the day in the summer.
A drive of 15 to 20 min you are in Port Charlotte or Englewood, and Sarasota in 45 to 60 min. Going south, Ft Myers is only 30 min away. I am not into the Naples older age group so it is not an option. I liked it.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:41 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,548,914 times
Punta Gorda Isles does have some homes and condos for rent. A lot of the homes are on canals. The downtown area has restaurants and shops and there are also parks such as Laishley Park and Gilchrest Park. They have a lot of events in Punta Gorda. As the previous post mentioned, it is close to Port Charlotte, Englewood, Sarasota or Ft. Myers if you want to go shopping or to the beach. Naples is not as affordable as the Charlotte County area.

The city of Punta Gorda and Kings Highway area both have hotels if you want to look for jobs in a hotel. Jobs in this area are very hard to find. Some local job sites are: www.employflorida.com and www.yoursun.com. I also moved here from Syracuse, NY. I don't miss the snow one bit.

Has your daughter selected a college to attend? There are several local colleges, depending on her major.

Old 07-12-2011, 04:53 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,050,502 times
We live in PGI. Here is the info I just posted today on another thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/fort-...l#post19988949

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
The PGI area is very nice and walkable. Heck, I walked about 2 miles during the day in the summer.
We couldn't walk on the days of high humidity, but other than that, we do a 5-mile loop every day from our place off Aqui Esta to Bal Harbor, to Fisherman's Village, then along the harbor, loop around to History Park and continue back home. Take us 80 - 85 minutes, not too fast, not too slow.

When it's too hot, we jog-in-place in the pool.

Last edited by Ol' Wanderer; 07-12-2011 at 05:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte