Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 05:04 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,041,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daFrogMan View Post
Thank you both for such a quick response!!!!! This is now my go-to place for all questions, good and bad! Hopefully I can repay one day!
Anyway, I called Stec and left a message. Investigating the two, Englewood hasn't pulled a permit since July and the BBB says they are out of business.
Stec has pulled very recent permits and no issues with the BBB.
BH, have you used them recently?
I'll let you all know how it works out. Again, many thanks!
No, not since July, but I have used them several times. Always got prompt service from the owner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 08:56 AM

700 posts, read 1,810,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTC View Post
We have an older property in North Port and have had 2 electricians in. Able Electric and Mr Sparky's. Able Electric came in to replace some light fixtures and install some GFI outlets. We also had problems with some flickering lights. This turned out to be caused by a bad outdated panel which was arcing and causing the flickering. This was also rendering the breakers inneffective-scary stuff. The panel in question is a Zinsco/Sylvania type. If one googles this model, one will find many links describing how unsafe this particular model is.

While Able Electric did a good job installing some light fixtures and outlets, I am pretty upset at them for not taking our flickering lights seriously (they tried to blame it on FPL), and not recognizing the bad panel. The guy from Mr Sparky's immediately saw the bad panel and showed me the pitted bus bar.

The guy from Able Electric seemed very reticent with finding the cause of our flickering lights ("it's gonna take a team etc etc"), and did not show up at a subsequent appointment. Left my Father in Law hanging around all morning. Was ok taking our check the first time however

Maybe too much info in this post-but I would recommend Mr Sparky's (big add in Yellow Pages)
Never too much information. Good post and glad you found the issue. I have heard about those panels. At least you got it fixed before any real issues!
Thanks!

Sunshine:quote: englewood have gone....i use Matts electric 941 769 6515 very reliable
Thanks!

Old 12-07-2011, 11:35 AM

700 posts, read 1,810,216 times
Ended up with Mike Schnell (Thank YOU TamRe!!!). Left message, got a call back within 3 hours, came out the next day as it was a small job. Very knowledgable. Found some loose connections, marginal buss bar and everything now has the green light. Now I can sleep better!
Stec called back in about 36 hours. I'm sure he was busy but with my past experience with contractors, I move on quickly if it is something that needs to be addressed.
Again, THANK YOU to all!

Old 12-07-2011, 03:33 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,510,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daFrogMan View Post
Ended up with Mike Schnell (Thank YOU TamRe!!!). Left message, got a call back within 3 hours, came out the next day as it was a small job. Very knowledgable. Found some loose connections, marginal buss bar and everything now has the green light. Now I can sleep better!
Stec called back in about 36 hours. I'm sure he was busy but with my past experience with contractors, I move on quickly if it is something that needs to be addressed.
Again, THANK YOU to all!
You are welcome. Glad you got it resolved.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:42 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,041,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamRE View Post
You are welcome. Glad you got it resolved.

Good job TamRE! You have been a great help to the board!
You get this months ATTA-Girl Award!

Old 12-08-2011, 09:37 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,510,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Good job TamRE! You have been a great help to the board!
You get this months ATTA-Girl Award!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte