Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 06:18 PM

397 posts, read 813,562 times

Advertisements

Anyone know where you can get Beignets in SW FLA.??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 05:44 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,547,697 times
Jet Blue Park in Ft Myers - http://www.naplesnews.com/photos/galleries/2012/mar/16/dutchkins-jetblue-park/
Nola Café and Newstand, 301 W Platt St #C, Tampa, FL
Nola Café, 300 Beach Dr NE, St Petersburg, FL
Jacksonville and Orlando have some cafes that have them as well.

You could also make your own. There are a lot of recipes online.

Last edited by TamRE; 04-25-2012 at 06:41 AM..

Old 04-25-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamRE View Post
Jet Blue Park in Ft Myers - http://www.naplesnews.com/photos/galleries/2012/mar/16/dutchkins-jetblue-park/
Nola Café and Newstand, 301 W Platt St #C, Tampa, FL
Nola Café, 300 Beach Dr NE, St Petersburg, FL
Jacksonville and Orlando have some cafes that have them as well.

You could also make your own. There are a lot of recipes online.

I'm too lazy to make 'em. I was hoping there was a place around here that had them. I had them once. That was in Pigeon Forge, Tenn. Stopped for gas and they had a little coffee shop attached. Went in for coffee and a donut. That's where I had my one and only beignet. They are better than any donut.

Old 04-25-2012, 02:00 PM

I don't think I have ever had one. I wonder if the Amish Bakery on Bayshore Rd makes them? Most places that have them are cafe's or bakeries. There aren't a lot of bakeries around here like we had in NY.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamRE View Post
I don't think I have ever had one. I wonder if the Amish Bakery on Bayshore Rd makes them? Most places that have them are cafe's or bakeries. There aren't a lot of bakeries around here like we had in NY.
LOL..........you're right. I hadn't thought about it ,but there are no bakeries down here like up north. Every town has at least one bakery.

What I do miss down here are DINERS. They were always a great place to go for soup up to a full course dinner. AND....the endless cup of java .

Old 04-26-2012, 04:45 PM

Yeah, my boyfriend only likes 2 breakfast places here. He misses his favorite Diner in NY. Every time we go back up he wants to eat breakfast there every day and he would eat lunch there every day too if I let him.

I wish I could run to the bakery and get some fresh homemade Italian bread, some brownies with frosting and walnuts, some almond cookies, and some half moons (black and whites). Just can't find them here either, like your beignets. Let me know if you find a good bakery or nice cafe to go to.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:34 PM

241 posts, read 479,937 times
lol from philly, here 2 months and already missing tastykakes chocolate cupcakes and coconut juniors, zitners butter krak eggs(at easter), coldcuts other than boarshead and amoroso rolls! I'm sure there are more oh so good but not good for you foods i forgot and i am sure i would be better off without them, but mmm they are SOOO good!

Old 04-26-2012, 08:50 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,785,732 times
Whats a beignet? The amish bakery i went by testerday and it looked out of buisness
One thing inmiss here is a good submarine sandwich shop mist places here i find have verry hard crusted buns not soft Nd i miss take out joints up in new england tou could get a clambox at a push out window at the beach and sit outside and eat. Here everthing is inside
But the weathers great!

Old 04-27-2012, 07:56 AM

I'm not sure exactly what a Beignet is. All I know is, they are gooooood !!!

Obviously the name is French. And there is a place in New Orleans that specializes in them. Every time they do a documentry on N.O., they show people eating at this cafe.

SUBWAY has great italian rolls. They are nice and soft for hoagies.

DINERS...........they all know how to make great cream chip beef/SOS/**** on a shingle

Old 04-27-2012, 12:34 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,963,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfart1947 View Post
I'm not sure exactly what a Beignet is. All I know is, they are gooooood !!!

Obviously the name is French. And there is a place in New Orleans that specializes in them. Every time they do a documentry on N.O., they show people eating at this cafe.

SUBWAY has great italian rolls. They are nice and soft for hoagies.

DINERS...........they all know how to make great cream chip beef/SOS/**** on a shingle
Not sure how they make beignets, but they're like a cross between a doughnut and an unfilled cream puff - how could it get any better? The place in NO you're thinking of is Café du Monde.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte