Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2012, 03:00 PM

5,148 posts, read 4,915,559 times

Advertisements

I can't believe that it's been over 24 hours since any posting here on the forum. Just wanted to check and make sure that SWFL didn't break off from the storm surge and is now floating out to sea!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 03:04 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,525,172 times
Thank you for the laugh! Yes, we are all ok in Charlotte County. I think everyone is out and about after several days of rain it is good have our sunshine back to enjoy! And it's Friday - heading into the weekend for some fun rather than being stuck inside and on the computer. Thank's for checking in.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:53 PM

94 posts, read 177,912 times
MikMal not sure where you "talking" from, but sue is cooler here then in the Mid Atlantic states!!!! Now I get to brag to my friends/family up North that is cooler and less humid here then up there. They are invited to come down and cool off. LOL

Duh- I just seen you are from Pasadena- I know it is above 100 there

Old 06-30-2012, 04:43 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,132,548 times
Mike, there was a terrible catasrophy. Due to the heavy rain trucks could not drive. Big House's local stores and pubs ran out of yeungling...this triggered the man to make a call to the white house demanding a state of emergency. unfortunatley his dehydration led to him stuttering and all the operator heard was ...'big house....send beer......or someone will die........'
35 minutes later a SWAT team invaded a property in PGI finding a delirious occupant muttering 'yeungling...yeungling' ;they took this to be an ancient Arabic chant of war and a certain BH now finds himself resident at Guantanamo....

Hey but the rest of us are ok !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-30-2012, 05:18 AM

5,148 posts, read 4,915,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
Mike, there was a terrible catasrophy. Due to the heavy rain trucks could not drive. Big House's local stores and pubs ran out of yeungling...this triggered the man to make a call to the white house demanding a state of emergency. unfortunatley his dehydration led to him stuttering and all the operator heard was ...'big house....send beer......or someone will die........'
35 minutes later a SWAT team invaded a property in PGI finding a delirious occupant muttering 'yeungling...yeungling' ;they took this to be an ancient Arabic chant of war and a certain BH now finds himself resident at Guantanamo....
So sad for BH. Maybe we can all petition congress to provide fishing as a rehabilitation activity to go along with the already provided Playstations and fooseball. And of course, add Yeungling to the menu!

Glad to hear everyone is OK.

Old 06-30-2012, 07:56 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,057,562 times
Hey its OK!! I got out of tropical storm Debby (which was nothing more than a big rain storm), flew to a tropical island, and once they rehydrated me the party hit a high note!! Those islamic guys really know how to party, but they do other stuff than drink beer ;-(. So after that, I replenished my cigar supply (Cuba still has it!) And when I got home all my neighbors and most of my friends had restocked my refrigerator, pantry, garage, and every cooler they could find! . . . . they missed me.

;-)

Old 07-02-2012, 11:49 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,874,986 times
This cracked me up, ALL of you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte