Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2012, 04:00 PM

3 posts, read 3,441 times

Advertisements

We just bought a home in Retonda West and are in need of someone to fix some of our panels on our pool cage. Does anyone know of someone reputable and reasonable?
Since we are new kids, we are also looking for the best Chinese restaurant, the best Tex Mex Restaurant and the best sports bar to watch Peyton Manning and the Broncos!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 04:12 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,547,697 times
Screen repairs - get estimates
Absolute Aluminum - 941-497-7777, www.absolutealuminum. com
Scott's Screens - 941-661-5073

Sports Bars in Port Charlotte
Goal Post Grill & Sports Bar- John Hall's Goal Post Grill & Sports Bar - Steaks, Ribs & Wings - Port Charlotte, FL
Joe Cracker Sportsgrille - Home Page
Boomers Sports Bar

Tex Mex Restaurant -
La Esperanza - in the plaza by Lowes in Port Charlotte
Deans South of the Border in Punta Gorda (my favorite)- Deans South of the Border

Chinese -
Haven't found one that I really like other than in Sarasota. There is also a good one in Ft Myers, but I have never been to it. Our Corvette Club is going there Aug. 18th.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:50 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,963,470 times
How old is the cage? Contractor grade fiberglass is good for 7 or 8 yrs; if the screens are that old, you might be better off just doing the whole thing. Check carefully around the edges for tears; if you find a few, it's only a matter of time. We redid ours with the fine super screen, which has a 15 yr warranty. More expensive, but we're happy with the result. Scott's Screens did ours.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:08 AM

5,172 posts, read 4,942,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpc691 View Post
........ We redid ours with the fine super screen, which has a 15 yr warranty. More expensive, but we're happy with the result. Scott's Screens did ours.
I was planning to have ours re-done with no-see um but then a neighbor said that heavy rains may collapse the ceiling portion (ours is an older cage whereas the entire top is horizontal). Have you had any issues with the rains?

Old 08-06-2012, 07:27 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,963,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
I was planning to have ours re-done with no-see um but then a neighbor said that heavy rains may collapse the ceiling portion (ours is an older cage whereas the entire top is horizontal). Have you had any issues with the rains?
We have 4 panels across the roof - 2 horizontal panels between an arched one on eack side. No problem so far, but we've only had one rain I would call really heavy. It actually breaks the rain up into a fine mist, and it holds water in the little holes for awhile after the storm. It's more pliable than the fiberglass, so it waves a little in high wind, like old fiberglass, but it's still tight afterward. It blocks a lot more sun than the old screens, but finer fiberglass would too. How big are your horizontal panels? If they're really wide, I can see where that could possibly be a problem. I guess you could put the 16x14 on top, and the 17x20 on the sides (do I have those numbers right? I think so).

Old 08-06-2012, 07:51 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,149,074 times
good luck finding a decent Chinese.....we have given up ! the chinese here is very different to england . tried Pings on 775 at the weekedn .ok but no big deal. to be honest I have started eating more Japanese food. I get my chinese and Indian fix when i go back to the Uk.

second Joe Crackers
mexican -there is a nice one in venice called mi Pueblo. I am not a real lover of mexican but this was good.

welcome to the rotonda area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte