Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 11:21 AM

43 posts, read 48,422 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever listened to this idiot on AM 1580? I ran across this station as I just moved here and listened to this fool for a bit today. In an hour he called the president a "bastard" and said he wore the birther label as a badge of honor. He ranted about how Obama was most likely born in a hut in Kenya and that he used his forgine birth to get access to Harvard. This just scratches the surface of how crazy this guy and some of the people who call in are.

Its disconcerting how stupid some of his callers are and he himself is. One guy ranted on that its unconstitutional for Harry Reed not to allow a vote on somethings in the Senate. I guess this guy has never heard of the 85 plus filibusters that one senator has used mostly on the right to stop a simple up or down vote.

He also went on and on in a simple minded way that showed he does not understand nor has he obviously read any of Ayn Rand and her Objectivist rational selfishness ideology. He called anyone who did not agree with his crazy Glenn Beck style rants a Marxist or a welfare abuser.

I did not think that any radio station would allow someone this crazy to rant on the public air waves. He makes Rush look completely rational in his most outlandish day. I was so offended I am going to boycott any advertiser used on that program.

I am not for limitation of ideas, but his hate speech is the type that motivates or at least validates people like the Wisconsin shooter. there are several Neo Nazi sights that have quoted him and his radio show when I googled him.

I know there may be some here who agree with the hate although I hope its not many. If you think that the Government is spending too much or are physically Conservative, but don't hate everyone unlike yourself, this guy obviously is a racist hater who thinly veils his dislike of everything not Christian and white.

He asked the question that Obama was a Muslim. I thought so what if he was? Is being Muslim something that is evil and outlawed? Is freedom of religion and the bill of rights only for Christians and if so what Christians? Are all Christians free or just Catholics or Protestants? If being Muslim is OK in the USA than why is it something the tea party brings up every time they are asked about him?

Remember the old lady at the McCain rally that said she could not trust him because he was Arab and Muslim? Why would that matter? What is someone said I can't trust Romney because he is a Mormon, or this guy because he is a Catholic? Exactly what religions are OK and which are not?

Old 08-07-2012, 11:56 AM

401 posts, read 534,386 times
I think that the reason this forum is so pleasant is that we don`t discuss politics.

But we do discuss the nice weather and Yeungling Beer..

Old 08-07-2012, 12:58 PM

Well I thought this was a better place to post because its regional more than political. The Radio station is local to the Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte areas. Its not that it was right wing, I listen to some right wing stations, but his rant was so crazy it made anyone who had a brain feel like running in the opposite direction. Now if he was standing on the street corner I would not think twice about it, except that someone had let out the loonies. But to give him voice on a radio show? Even Glenn Beck was removed from Fox for going to UFO crazy. This guy Ken Lovejoy makes Beck sound like the voice of reason.

He said on the radio today he knew many people even on the right will call him crazy and he loves it. Its these people who call others not one of us that really do nothing but divide the nation. Then we wonder why some other crazy shoots people who wear turbans and don't look just like us. Its sad and I feel sorry for this little man who seems to embrace hate instead of just trying to get along with each other.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:01 PM

76 posts, read 207,104 times
Keep your politics to yourself. No one is interested. Thanks.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:07 PM

I can not speak for myself but you can speak for everyone? I think you are being very arrogant. If you don't agree or are a supporter of this crazy rants then back it up with more than a platitude.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:18 PM

PCPG, I have no doubt that you're trying to stir a political hornets nest here. I see you're brand spanking new as well, which makes me think you registered with the specific intent of trying to muck up this forum with political bilge.

Don't mistake my friendly warning for arrogance.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btard View Post
PCPG, I have no doubt that you're trying to stir a political hornets nest here. I see you're brand spanking new as well, which makes me think you registered with the specific intent of trying to muck up this forum with political bilge.

Don't mistake my friendly warning for arrogance.
Friendly warning implies you have power to do something if you are not heeded. So this is a threat? First of all its not friendly but condescending and second if you don't like the post and have nothing to add why even post here if you are not yourself trying to stir things up? And I posted here because after hearing the Radio station I looked for a Port Charlotte Punta Gorda forum and this is what I found. It sounds like you don't like people talking against things you yourself believe in. Well if that is the case then you are free to peruse other threads and leave this one alone.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCPG View Post
Friendly warning implies you have power to do something if you are not heeded. So this is a threat? First of all its not friendly but condescending and second if you don't like the post and have nothing to add why even post here if you are not yourself trying to stir things up? And I posted here because after hearing the Radio station I looked for a Port Charlotte Punta Gorda forum and this is what I found. It sounds like you don't like people talking against things you yourself believe in. Well if that is the case then you are free to peruse other threads and leave this one alone.
Again, you created a profile here with the specific intent of ranting against some talk show host. I'm saying we don't like or care to discuss politics here. It just messes up our good time. Got it?

Old 08-07-2012, 01:30 PM

So Btard are you a friend of Ken Lovejoy and his hate mongering? Or do you just want to keep this category free from any thought other than weather and what color the water is in Charlotte harbor? I mean can you not have a discussion about a subject without immediately making it into some sort of confrontation? Is that all you can do on a subject is to make it into an argument? Have you even tried to think about something and see if you can get a thought that is not vitriolic or visceral down on the thread? I can see having different opinions on different subjects and others may not agree with me, but I do not diminish their ideas other than to say I have a different point of view and this is why. This sounds like the Ken Lovejoy that yells Comunist and Marxist when anyone calls into the the radio station and voices any opinion that is not in lock step with Mr. Lovejoy which is not love nor joy and his name itself is a complete oxymoron.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btard View Post
Again, you created a profile here with the specific intent of ranting against some talk show host. I'm saying we don't like or care to discuss politics here. It just messes up our good time. Got it?
Your attitude seems to show that you think you have some bully power to just scare people off who do not agree with you. Seee, got it. Yaaaaaa, Ill mess ya up if ya keep posting, seems to be the attitude here. I got it alright, you don't want to talk about anything but how cold the beer is or if it will rain. I don't think the web is the place for such a lazy mental attitude. Possibly a front porch in Mayberry? Where you can talk about how the toaster lost a heat coil or some such monotonous diatribe.

Have you tried forming opinions and expressing them without emotion? Makes for a nice conversation, if not then why even post here? Is this your personal property the Port Charlotte forum? I did not see your name on any part of it saying this is the personal property of btard so watch it see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte