Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 06:37 AM

16 posts, read 20,590 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to punta gorda. I am starting my job at the hospital on sept 25th. Looking to find a rental with garage while until I find a house to purchase. Must be in Charlotte high district. Any suggestions of a good area or places to avoid? I found one in mondovi court. Near hwy 41. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks
Stephanie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 07:49 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,491,898 times
Are you talking about the Mondovi Bay Villas in Burnt Store Isles? The community has a heated pool and docks that are available for rent and they have a BBQ area. They usually do not allow pets for tenants. Not sure if you have a pet. The community is maintenance free. You would want to get a copy of the rules and regs before renting. The HOA fees are quite high $451/mo, not sure if they are included in the rent or the owner just pays for them. The management company is Star Management - 941-575-6764.

It is in a nice area of Punta Gorda and is convenient to Punta Gorda amenities. It is close to 41. You would have to drive into Port Charlotte for a mall and the beaches are 40-45 minutes away, which pretty much goes for any of Punta Gorda. The parks are close by, which are great. There is also a golf course nearby, Twin Isles Country Club.

You can search the MLS for rentals. Right now there are 25 in Punta Gorda with a garage. You didn't give any other details (# bedrooms, rental price, etc.)

MLS Search - Florida Homes for Sale direct from MLS
Ebay Classifieds – http://www.ebayclassifieds.com/
Florida Rental Ads –
http://www.floridarentalads.com/
Real Rentals –
http://www.realrentals.com/
Rentals.com –
www.rentals.com
Rent Range –
www.rentrange.com
Vacation Rentals by Owner – www.vrbo.com
Sun Herald –
www.sunnewspapers.net

Old 08-29-2012, 09:27 AM

Thanks. That's helpful. I'll check out the links

Old 08-29-2012, 09:56 AM

I found a home at the corner of aqui esta and Magdalena. Our only needs are 2 bedrooms, garage space for storage and the allowance of 2 10lb poodles. A pool would be a great feature also but it would be a bonus.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:03 AM

Is this a good area?

Old 08-29-2012, 10:54 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,491,898 times
Coming from 41 when you turn on to Aqui Esta there is an older not as desirable section from 41 to Magdalina. Once you get to Magdalina it turns into the area that starts to have the canals of Punta Gorda Isles. The area is mixed with smaller homes, larger homes, canal homes, and condos, villas, and duplexes. In general I would say it is a nice place to live. If you look at the aerial view on Google Maps you can see the difference in the size of homes and the change from one location to the next. You really need to look at the rental homes in person to determine if they are suitable for you. See map image below.

Looking for punta gorda rental-aqui-esta-magdalina.jpg

Old 08-29-2012, 02:57 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,947,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaDave View Post
Is this a good area?
Should be OK; it's kind of between Charlotte Park and PGI. I'll look at the house when I go to the store later, and let you know.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:21 PM

That would be great! Thanks so much.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:15 PM

55 posts, read 234,322 times
Stay away from the Aqui Esta home. Very busy road and very close to the crappy section of Punta Gorda that is in the County limits. I drive by it every day and looked at it for you. No comparison to the Mondovi Court area. Not even close. There are a TON of great priced rentals. Feel free to email me or message me if you see any you like and want me to drive by. Like I said nix the Aqui Esta one for sure...I know the exact house you are probably looking at (brick on the corner) and you don't want to be there. There are some freaking STEALS on some beautiful waterfront rentals throughout PGI so find a nice one. Keep in mind that many of the good REALTORS here don't advertise on MLS. This is to protect the clients. So what we found when we rented here was that once the realtor got to meet us and figure out that we were professionals, they had quite a "few" listings that hadn't been entered into the computer. You have to understand that good people who are renting their homes don't want a bunch of dirtbags trashing it...so it is wise to be picky when they are listing. Make sure you reach out to several realtors and indicate that you are a professional family getting ready to relocate and you should have a bunch of nice ones pop out at you. We stayed at Fountain Court (nice condo community) in 2005 and loved it there. There are always a few rentals there if you are into the condo thing.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:28 PM

55 posts, read 234,322 times
Ok I am hoping this link works for you. This is a fully furnished 3 / 2 in Fountain Court (where we lived in 2005 and loved it) for $900 per month thats being advertised on hotpads. Remember with rentals....its just like buying a house the price is ALWAYS negotiable.

26028 Salonika Lane, Punta Gorda, FL 33983 - House for Rent in Punta Gorda, FL - HotPads
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte