Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 08:53 AM

241 posts, read 479,973 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if I am missing out on the best places to get things. So tell me where you find the best prices/quality?

1) General Food shopping

2) Produce

3) Meat

4) Department store

5) Discount or off price store

6) Other amazing OMG! why are you not shopping there kinda place

THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 09:57 AM

3,179 posts, read 6,001,502 times
PC, PG, NP??? You said best price/quality. These are two completely different questions. Generally, you don't get the highest quality for the lowest price. Which do you prefer so folks can better answer your questions?

Old 10-16-2012, 11:36 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,548,914 times
1) General Food shopping - Walmart usually, Publix if you have coupons and get the buy one get one free items

2) Produce - Clemons on Tolede Blade Blvd

3) Meat - Grocery store or Sam's Club

4) Department store - Lots of them - JC Penney, Sears, Macys, Bealls- all in the mall. Less expensive stores- Walmart, Target, Kmart

5) Discount or off price store - Bealls Outlet, Tuesday Morning, Big Lots, Save a Lot, Dollar Tree, Dollar General

6) Other amazing OMG! why are you not shopping there kinda place - Try the new shops in North Port like Hobby Lobby and the Picture and Accessory Outlet in Venice (used to be in Port Charlotte)

P.S. If you have friends visiting and they want to buy souvenirs, they are cheaper at Walmart. T-shirts, magnets, post cards, etc.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:49 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,373,509 times
To be honest, I haven't seen any store here with a WOW factor. Beaches yes, stores just so so and ho hum. Seems that retail is pretty much the same across the country. I'm hoping someone has found that wow and shares!

Old 10-16-2012, 01:02 PM

Forget all the national stores! Do some scouting for locally-owned niche stores. There are TONS of them, and not all are expensive!

Old 10-16-2012, 01:30 PM

@ Harbor Hopper~ I am in Port Charlotte, but I shop both there and North Port as I am kinda on the border. An example is I prefer the Coco Plum Publix to the PC one.

@nphomeowner~ Yes I agree nothing is saying to me hey you gotta make sure you shop here. It's more or less, go there if I need that type of item and pay a lot for it!

But I guess what I was really looking for was maybe somewhere I hadn't been that was worth investigating. An example would be: When I shopped for food back in PA, I would shop this one grocery store for great tasting meats and deli at good prices, but the rest of the store was a pain to shop. So I would do a bulk purchase of meat and then go to another chain store for the other grocery items. Same with the produce store I went to...good prices for buying in bulk, if I needed a lot I went there, other wise would just pick up at the chain grocery store.

There just doesn't seem to be any outstanding place to go. Hmmm even the consignment and thrift stores charge a lot for items here. It's like they don't realize that these things are used!

Old 10-16-2012, 01:54 PM

5,172 posts, read 4,943,999 times
I haven't been down long enough to have many answers, but I can highly recommend Kallis' German Butcher Shop in Port Charlotte. I discovered it on my last trip and went back two more times in a week. Seems their prices were comparative, if not better, than the supermarkets.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbl39 View Post
Hmmm even the consignment and thrift stores charge a lot for items here. It's like they don't realize that these things are used!
AGREE!! My wife loves going to consignment stores (both for herself and for kids stuff). Ridiculous prices on a lot of it. Even the marine consignment store in PC is a bit high on a lot of their stuff (about 70% of NEW retail, for USED stuff)

Old 10-16-2012, 09:14 PM

535 posts, read 1,031,659 times
Talking Good deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Hopper View Post
AGREE!! My wife loves going to consignment stores (both for herself and for kids stuff). Ridiculous prices on a lot of it. Even the marine consignment store in PC is a bit high on a lot of their stuff (about 70% of NEW retail, for USED stuff)
I've been in the marine consignmet store and agree that the posted prices are not so good, but, they will come down if you haggle I have done so and got some good deals

Old 10-16-2012, 11:35 PM

Where is the marine consignment store? And is that the full name of it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte