Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 05:28 PM

531 posts, read 1,161,360 times

Advertisements

We thank you ALL for all your kind welcomes!!! Inspectior notations noted!! We'll keep you up on how things go, and we'll, of course, hope for the BEST! We'll be building our home 3 minutes from our daughter's house here in South Gulf Cove, for those of you who don't know that, and for those of you who DO know that, thank you for sticking WITH US for the last couple of years. We both appreciate all your support and good wishes! We have ARRIVED!!! YIPPEE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 05:38 PM

3,645 posts, read 7,145,991 times
so if i see 2 wildly grinning lunatics in Publix , I will say 'Hi K&J' :-)

Old 11-20-2012, 07:11 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,080,854 times
Welcome down!!!
We'll have to get together soon, so you can buy me a couple beers!! ;-)) J/k

Old 11-20-2012, 07:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,329 times
Hi my name is Deborah Triglia, I am considering moving from Dutchesss county, my family lives up there. I dread the cold and have been offered a part time job with the Federal Gov't. Really want to take it and move on leave the north behind me. I am planning on visiting first any advice on where to stay?

Old 11-21-2012, 03:24 AM

425 posts, read 1,104,553 times
Default Whooo Hoooo

Welcome down !!hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving and now you can permenatly change your location

Old 11-21-2012, 05:03 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,145,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahtriglia View Post
Hi my name is Deborah Triglia, I am considering moving from Dutchesss county, my family lives up there. I dread the cold and have been offered a part time job with the Federal Gov't. Really want to take it and move on leave the north behind me. I am planning on visiting first any advice on where to stay?
where will the job be based ?
do you have children (ie is edcuation a priority)
what is your budget?

that would help define an area to look in and then a base.................

Old 11-21-2012, 05:47 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,080,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahtriglia View Post
Deborah,
Welcome to the board. We offer a lot of great advice.
For a visit, try to find a place on Anna Marie Island, or Siesta Key! Then you will love the area, and can begin doing a search from there. If you want to stay in the Punta Gorda area, there are a lot of great hotels. The Wyvern is a small boutique hotel 4-star rated, with a bar on the roof to enjoy the sunsets, as well as a pool on the roof to swim during the day - it is within walking distance of the whole town which has a lot of great parks, and history.
We don't know much about what your looking for, what things you enjoy doing (in your free time). I hope you like awesome weather and out door activities, because this is the place!!

Old 11-21-2012, 05:48 AM

5,166 posts, read 4,937,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamRE View Post
Welcome Karen and Jim....
I know a few people building right now and the Charlotte County inspectors are not all on the same page. One thing will fail and then the contractor fixes it and then they send a different inspector out and they said, oh you didn't need to do that.
First off, congratulations to you Karen & Jim! I envy you, as I'm still a part-time resident (can't wait to move full-time).

Secondly, it sounds like the building inspectors aren't unique to Charlotte County. I built my house in Maryland and dealt with the same issue. You would think that the building code is the building code...it doesn't change no matter who inspects it. Good luck with your building...I hope you'll keep us all up to date as the building progresses.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:47 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,884,919 times
I was wondering too about the random NBA clip. I DO know the guy in it went to Florida State, but other than that, i don't get it either.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:13 AM

164 posts, read 355,947 times
Congratulations Karen and Jim!

I rarely peek over here from the Sarasota board but I'm glad I did! I know it's been a long couple of years for you. Glad you sold your house up north...we've been here 7 months and ours in Ohio is still not sold. I'm sure you are thrilled you could leave before winter set in. Welcome and enjoy!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte