Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2013, 01:08 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,423,548 times

Advertisements

Every Friday.. On Vets Hwy..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 01:29 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,548,914 times
It is at Liberty Community Church - here is the web link. Home Page
I have never been to it, but have driven by it many times and there always seems to be a lot of people there. I usually go to Clemons on Toledo Blade in Port Charlotte for fruits and vegetables, but this one is actually closer to my house. Did you go there? How is it? How are the prices? They have tables where people sell their stuff too. So it is almost more like a flea market.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:58 PM

252 posts, read 388,464 times
Stopped by yesterday,they had a pretty good selection but not cheap.Flea market part is mostly trinkets and cheap junk.

Old 03-10-2013, 06:18 AM

5,172 posts, read 4,943,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamRE View Post
.... I usually go to Clemons on Toledo Blade in Port Charlotte for fruits and vegetables...

My wife and I have been enjoying the Saturday Punta Gorda farmers' market, going almost every week. This coming Thursday, I may check out Englewood's for the first time. But, if you want to go to a really nice one, make the trip up to Sarasota some Saturday; quite impressive!

Old 03-11-2013, 04:59 PM

340 posts, read 495,853 times
If the OP is talking about the one at the sun flea market on Veterans its kind of high. Osprey on 41 in NP is fair and the one on Toledo Blade is OK. Clemons is bigger and has more. Prices vary. Some are very good like their Mushrooms, others not so much. You have to pick and choose.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:56 PM

100 posts, read 335,508 times
I go for the Kettle Korn!! They do have good Kettle Korn!! (Same guy from PG's farmer's market). The Italian Bakery, Nino's, from PG is there occasionally and they have reduced prices on their cookies. They weren't there last week though.

They do have a new guy there that sells organic produce and it was a good deal for organic. Some of the produce is a bit steep though.

About two months ago give or take--there was a craft fair/market in North Port behind the McDonalds. Does anyone know if this is a regular thing? They had Kettle Korn for $1!!!!!!!!

Old 03-12-2013, 05:57 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,373,509 times
The one in NP is every Saturday.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:07 AM

5,172 posts, read 4,943,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nphomeowner View Post
The one in NP is every Saturday.
We did the NP farmers' market on Toledo Blade a few Saturday's ago and were really disappointed; only four venders. One fruit/veggie stand and booths selling purses, trees, and hmmmm. Make that three vendors! We also drove by there the following week and the tree guy wasn't even there.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:01 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,373,509 times
I didn't say it was any good, just said its every Saturday. I haven't been impressed by the one fruit/veggie stand either.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:08 PM

100 posts, read 335,508 times
Last Saturday it wasn't there. I know there's one that's by the Suncoast Humane Society, but that's not the one I'm thinking of. The one I'm thinking of was in the empty lot right behind the McDonalds. I only saw it there once. I've never been to the one on Toledo Blade.

I still think Punta Gorda's is the best. It's so nice to see the art and hear the music and there's a big variety of tables/booths to look at and sample. The one at PG's flea market is good too. The produce is cheaper there - I think by the American Legion??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte