Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 08:25 AM

142 posts, read 204,233 times

Advertisements

Hi ya'll,

Great to join this group, hope to make a lot of new friends. Hubby and I just moved to PC in June from East Coast, NC. I sold a beach house there in Kure Beach (where I had lived for 30 years). Big step for me, leaving NC. Hubby and I were married at Ponce de Leon Park in PG 1 1/2 years ago (still newlyweds). My Mom has lived here for 20 years on PGI. She is now 81 years young (still thinks she is 30); I moved down here to spend some time with her while I can.

We have been spending most of our time getting our house situated and taking dips in the pool (in between the storms. We have been exploring the area around us, trying out some restaurants and can't wait to start fishing...neither of us know how to do "serious" fishing so this is going to be fun.

We also just bought a 2005 Coachman, 26 ft travel camper. We have 4 dogs from 2lbs to 75lbs and don't want to leave them behind when we go back to NC to visit. We are "Newbies" in the camping world also but can't wait for all the new experiences. Looking forward to meeting all other campers.

I tried to find an "introduction" forum here but not sure where/how to look. Would like to know more about others in the area. Peace, Love, and Sandy Feet! "Sea.lass"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 09:52 AM

5,172 posts, read 4,945,353 times
Welcome and congratulations on the move to paradise!!

Old 07-12-2013, 11:21 AM

180 posts, read 262,637 times
Make sure you take a trip to the Snook Haven and Myakka River Oyster Bar. Those are two of my wife's and I favorite places to eat!!

Snook Haven

Myakka River Oyster Bar | Venice FL

Old 07-12-2013, 12:46 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,550,239 times
Welcome, as time goes on you will see there is a lot to do and a lot to see. There are events all the time at parks. Lots of places to go fishing, golfing, bike riding, etc. Can't help you with the camping though. We used to go camping in NY, but not here. There are some beautiful camgrounds around the state. We have been to some of the campground parks just for the day for a picnic.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGoose View Post
Make sure you take a trip to the Snook Haven and Myakka River Oyster Bar. Those are two of my wife's and I favorite places to eat!!

Snook Haven

Myakka River Oyster Bar | Venice FL
Thank you for the restaurant suggestions, been looking for good seafood. Miss our East Coast seafood.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
Welcome and congratulations on the move to paradise!!
Thank you for the nice welcome.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamRE View Post
Welcome, as time goes on you will see there is a lot to do and a lot to see. There are events all the time at parks. Lots of places to go fishing, golfing, bike riding, etc. Can't help you with the camping though. We used to go camping in NY, but not here. There are some beautiful camgrounds around the state. We have been to some of the campground parks just for the day for a picnic.
Thank you, we will be looking forward to doing and seeing lots of new things.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:18 PM

413 posts, read 828,343 times
We did not camp here Welcome to Florida State Parks but we did visit the sky walk and saw the camp grounds looked like it would be a good place to spend some time exploring.

Dave

Old 07-12-2013, 04:33 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,786,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea.lass View Post
Thank you for the restaurant suggestions, been looking for good seafood. Miss our East Coast seafood.
welcome to the area ,
my favorite seafood place here is
http://www.sunstate.com/fishery/ I don't go often but on special occasions

Old 07-12-2013, 05:02 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,964,095 times
[quote=sea.lass;30452344]Thank you for the restaurant suggestions, been looking for good seafood. Miss our East Coast seafood.[/

Get East coast seafood at the Clam Bake in Ft Myers, on 41 just north of Alico Rd. Owners from Mass, nice bar, very friendly service. Whole belly Ipswich clams, lobster, haddock, good chowda, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte