Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 06:40 AM

5,166 posts, read 4,938,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea.lass View Post
..... I mean if they hadn't already seen us and met us earlier this morning I would chalk it up to her just being curious who her neighbors were. So now I have to look at it as being creepy or nosy!
Maybe she likes what she saw!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 06:55 AM

697 posts, read 1,169,473 times
"I'm sexy and I know it".....

Old 07-16-2013, 07:12 AM

378 posts, read 628,864 times
It is a bit creepy but as she is a close neighbor maybe a conversation about the incident would defuse the issue. Maybe she was bird watching.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:38 AM

67 posts, read 114,605 times
I would definitely fix the fence......one of my neighbors has cleared the bushy shrubs/trees in his lot and now has a birds eye view of my pool area...so needless to say we went out and bought a new section of fence and put it up IMMEDIATELY!!! there was no need for them to have removed the bushy trees from that part of the lot....(there is a wooded lot next to our house)....so now we planted a bushy tree on our lot and put up a fence......EVERYONE should privacy if they want it!!! I am a friendly neighbor and say hello to everyone and all my neighbors (That I know) are really really nice!!! but I don't know this neighbor and he has never waved or said hello...but has decided to have a view of our home...Hmmmm sounds suspicious to me!! Now he cant see us and we cant see him.......as it should be!!

Old 07-16-2013, 07:47 AM

180 posts, read 262,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM8560 View Post
remember Gladys cravits on bewitched
Ok, now you're just dating yourself (and yes, I remember her too...LOL).

Old 07-16-2013, 07:47 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,371,973 times
Our property is wooded on three sides and we LOVE the privacy. If anyone builds on any of these lots a fence will go up. I like being neighborly but don't want to be staring at each other and know what everyone is doing!!

Old 07-16-2013, 08:02 AM

60 posts, read 110,955 times
I'm all for being friendly and knowing your neighbors but there is a limit. When I'm in my backyard I "Expect" a certain level of privacy the fence is there for a reason keep your peeping eyes and nose on YOUR side of the fence. If I want to talk with you or hang out with you? Then you would be on this side of the fence. Very rude of your "Curious" neighbor Mrs. C.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:31 AM

142 posts, read 204,143 times
Not only do we have a very tall stockade fence, but in her yard she has a chain link fence...and...there is about a foot and a half of walking space BETWEEN the two fences. She was definitely being nosy....not bird watching!

Old 07-17-2013, 07:18 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,081,815 times
They have various types of screens for the lanai, some include mess that is so fine it will not let no see 'ums in. Not all screens have this mesh. Some are extra strength for winds. And, some provide more shade and some help to screen the view. You may want to talk to a screen company and see what they offer. Providing screening for a lanai is pretty inexpensive, and will provide immediate results - plants can take forever to grow large enough and fill in.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:35 AM

142 posts, read 204,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
They have various types of screens for the lanai, some include mess that is so fine it will not let no see 'ums in. Not all screens have this mesh. Some are extra strength for winds. And, some provide more shade and some help to screen the view. You may want to talk to a screen company and see what they offer. Providing screening for a lanai is pretty inexpensive, and will provide immediate results - plants can take forever to grow large enough and fill in.
I have mesh screening (pool cage).... Can't skinny dip in my own pool!-16.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte